PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Firefox

nessman
03-Apr-05, 10:36
Hi there.
Just had firefox running for a few days now and find it pretty darn good at the moment.
Anyone else using it and is it worth keeping or should i just go back to internet explorer??

grmacken
03-Apr-05, 11:02
yes its worth keeping, iit is far more secure than internet explorer. microsoft are currently making a completely new internet explorer 7 to solve their security issuess an compete with firefox

Alli
03-Apr-05, 11:06
We have been using mozilla firefox since December2004.We started using it because our hard drive had to be wiped after a trojan got in. So far so good. We run panda as well and also xsoftspy. According to some bumf we read internet explorer has got some flaws.
Hope this helps in some way.

ATHRoss
03-Apr-05, 11:08
I have been using Firefox for the past few months now (started at V0.8 - now at 1.2). I wont go back to IE now and I find it irratating when some sites only open in IE but there are only a few.

All my PC's run Firefox now.

The tabbed browser is the main feature that swings it for me along with the add-ons and mods that can be found HERE (https://addons.update.mozilla.org/).

It is also believed to be more secure than IE which must be a positive thing.

As I have said before, I wont go back.

regards

ATHRoss

Zael
03-Apr-05, 14:00
I still use both, dont be fooled by the hype though, although firefox may be currently more secure, this does not mean bulletproof, you should still keep your firewalls, AV and spyware hunters up to date at all times. I've been plagued for months with phone calls consisting of

"my pc is broken"
"do you think you may have a virus?"
"I just got over the flu if thats what you mean"
"do you do windows updates?"
"windows update? I dont need double glazing thanks"
"do you have a firewall?"
"firewall? I have fire insurance?"
"where did you get this phone number????" thinks "who do I have to kill?"

Tugmistress
03-Apr-05, 15:57
Firefox is certainly the most secure browser around at the moment, i have been using it for a few years and had no problems. there is sound advice on here about using a firewall (i use zonealarm) and also running a couple of antivirus software programmes in conjunction with one another makes you about as secure as you can be.
running norton and avg together myself at the moment as what one may miss the other should pick up :D keep all the updates coming into your comp on a regular basis.... check daily, it may seem a little extreme but the virus senders work 24/7 so i would rather be covered :D

Julia
03-Apr-05, 18:28
I use both Firefox and Thunderbird (email client), they are both far superior than IE and outlook... I have found though that a couple of web pages won't load using firefox so I keep IE as a backup just for those sites.

Geo
03-Apr-05, 23:49
I don't like the look and feel of Firefox. I have it on my PC but rarely use it.

I use the Avant Browser add on for Internet Explorer. It adds tabbed browsing, popup stopper, grouped favourites, (open a series of related pages in tabs). You can add loads of groups so for example I have one for Sport, one for Forums, one for Computer games, etc. Very handy. Loads of other features too.