PDA

View Full Version : homeaid

phil_moonbeam
24-Mar-14, 18:14
not very impressed with them bought goods off them at a agreed price inc del then got a phone call to agree del day but this is the twist no del so i phoned were is my del to be told the items were not del as the price the wick manager had agreed with me was not right so i have taken legal advice and wait in anticiptation for a call from there general manager
1) should they del the goods at agreed price ?

2)should i pay extra money to them after the items were paid for ?

3)just take a refund ?

what do you all think ?

sids
24-Mar-14, 18:42
Your choices are a refund or a whole lot of hassle.

2little2late
24-Mar-14, 20:44
They get the stuff donated anyway. You should only pay the price you were quoted. After all, if you were to buy something in a shop that was marked at a lower price than it actually is they are legally obliged to sell the item(s) to you at the lower price. Stand your ground. You will find that Homeaid don't have a leg to stand on.

Alice in Blunderland
24-Mar-14, 22:12
They get the stuff donated anyway. You should only pay the price you were quoted. After all, if you were to buy something in a shop that was marked at a lower price than it actually is they are legally obliged to sell the item(s) to you at the lower price. Stand your ground. You will find that Homeaid don't have a leg to stand on.I'm unsure where you stand having already paid for the goods however I thought that a shop is not legally obliged to sell you anything if the price is wrong. As a gesture of goodwill some will however I didn't think it was your right to get the goods.

andyw
24-Mar-14, 22:27
You are quite right Alice they are not obliged to sell to you even if the price is right or wrong as it is the shops till its paid for

euan the driver
25-Mar-14, 01:14
lately there indeed seems to be a lot of "scandal" for want of a better word around homeaid. i thought it was to help less fortunate homestarters thru raising monies by selling donated items. surely if price was agreed in prinsiple that is a sale,unless its a picasso or a lost works of art. a sale is a sale when money is taken in exchange for goods if the items had been taken by buyer then none of this would be a problem. because he paid for delivery they change there minds on price doesnt seem right in my book,just saying like

ywindythesecond
25-Mar-14, 01:17
not very impressed with them bought goods off them at a agreed price inc del then got a phone call to agree del day but this is the twist no del so i phoned were is my del to be told the items were not del as the price the wick manager had agreed with me was not right so i have taken legal advice and wait in anticiptation for a call from there general manager

3)just take a refund ?

what do you all think ?

If as you say you have taken legal advice you should follow it. My advice which you can take or leave is to walk away and try getting Amazon to pay its taxes if you want a fight.

nicnak
25-Mar-14, 10:46
I think alot of the charity shops take the pee, Blythswood in wick prices astronomical and i was in there one day and asked for a price on an item when the manager came and gave em a price of £20 not included the items inside I said fine then a woman who works there rushed through barged in front of me and said i will give you £35, the manager put all the contents in the basket then said £30 and it is yours, I was furious it was a done deal between them and i didnt get any choice! what a way for a shop to behave! anyhow I think it is cheaper to buy stuff like clothes etc cfrom tesco than go to these types of shops alot of the staff like in the hospce shop are great and genuine but I think alot of the other store management are out for what they can get for themselves! rant over lol

humbug
27-Mar-14, 09:57

3)just take a refund ?

what do you all think ?

I now how frustrating and annoying it can be when things don't go smoothly but on the good side I have used them several times and found the service good
Please consider it is a charity and as such most of the people who work there are volunteers and also we are all human and on occasions make mistakes !
please give them a fair hearing they are not a commercial firm in which case I would be much more demanding thanks for reading

2little2late
31-Mar-14, 22:12
Where does all the money go they raise from sales in their shops? After all they are a charity.

Kodiak
04-Apr-14, 11:42
You are quite right Alice they are not obliged to sell to you even if the price is right or wrong as it is the shops till its paid for

This is correct but the Goods HAVE been paid for and at an Agreed Price. Therefore the contract is agreed and no more money should be paid. If I was you I would contact one of the Directors of HomeAid. I used to be a Director of HomeAid and if this had happened while I was there I would not have been pleased at all.