PDA

View Full Version : Staxigoe Hall

kwbrown111
31-Mar-05, 23:35
where in Staxigoe is the hall

katarina
01-Apr-05, 09:18
Drive right through staxigoe towards and around the harbour and you can't miss it

kwbrown111
01-Apr-05, 20:51
Cheers for that

George Brims
01-Apr-05, 20:56
Now I don't want to start any kind of sexist thread here, but this is a perfect example of what happens when a woman gives directions. Note the following features: no mention of which direction the person is to approach Staxigoe (there are two roads into Staxigoe), no mention of the name of any street, no instruction to turn left or right anywhere (you could drive into Staxigoe on either road and right out again if you strictly follow "Drive right through Staxigoe"), and of course the always fatal "you can't miss it". When somebody says that I always go and ask somebody else!

OK I have on my flameproof Nomex underwear, fire away!

kwbrown111
01-Apr-05, 21:55
i was planning going up Broad haven way

Kenn
01-Apr-05, 22:04
Unlike the directions that would be given by a male!" Go right at The Bower Arms,along to The Coach House Inn turn left down to The Tam o' Shanter take the next on the right by The Swan Inn , down to the bottom of the hill and it's about 100 yards from The Angler's Rest ! "[lol]

George Brims
02-Apr-05, 00:46
:D That is known in our house as Edinburgh Navigation!

golach
02-Apr-05, 01:53
:D That is known in our house as Edinburgh Navigation!

Hmmmp!!!!!

Golach

katarina
02-Apr-05, 08:35
Now I don't want to start any kind of sexist thread here, but this is a perfect example of what happens when a woman gives directions. Note the following features: no mention of which direction the person is to approach Staxigoe (there are two roads into Staxigoe), no mention of the name of any street, no instruction to turn left or right anywhere (you could drive into Staxigoe on either road and right out again if you strictly follow "Drive right through Staxigoe"), and of course the always fatal "you can't miss it". When somebody says that I always go and ask somebody else!

OK I have on my flameproof Nomex underwear, fire away!

Ahh - but there's only one harbour! and you'd have to be a blond man to drive towards Wick instead of the opposide direction towards the sea. Now, just so that there's no mistake HARBOURS ARE FOUND BESIDE THE SEA!

katarina
02-Apr-05, 08:37
Unlike the directions that would be given by a male!" Go right at The Bower Arms,along to The Coach House Inn turn left down to The Tam o' Shanter take the next on the right by The Swan Inn , down to the bottom of the hill and it's about 100 yards from The Angler's Rest ! "[lol]

Brims would never find Staxigoe let alone the harbour. There's no pubs there!

lassieinfife
02-Apr-05, 08:45
[disgust]

Ah but unlike men women WILL ask for directions instead of driving round in circles looking :lol:

~~Tides~~
02-Apr-05, 21:47
(there are two roads into Staxigoe)

When was the last time you were in Staxigoe? 30 years ago?

Moira
03-Apr-05, 01:17
Oh my gosh Tides

Is it that long - surely never -- STILL - remember George Brims stays in USA & would probably fly in to Wick - hop off the plane & over the fence at the Staxigoe end - MMmm - maybe not. Someone should really tell him that the "ring road" is officially closed - I thought it was about 10 years. George Brims, I am sure visiitied this area just last year but maybe not Staxigoe ? I am sure he will come in here & keep us right.

katarina
03-Apr-05, 09:35
If he hopped off the plane at all, he would have seen that there were gates where once we could drive across the runway. But maybe he thinks the question was asked by some one who lives at Noss?