PDA

View Full Version : Moles

Viva 1
28-Feb-07, 21:24
Hi, Is there anyone out there who knows the best way to rid the garden of moles? at the last count we had 40+ mole hills in the lawn.:roll:

sweetpea
28-Feb-07, 22:33
I had an army of them once. Tried bottle tops in the ground next to main run cause they are either blind or deaf can't remember which but the vibrating is supposed to chase them. Also tried windmills, you know the kiddie ones from whatsits, think these methods were ok. I also witnessed a cruel act where someone with an old ford van connected a hoover tube to the exhaust and put it down the run. Wouldn't reccomend that. I truly love them, quite often come accross a nest of babies in my compost heap. If all else fails just treat them as a quirky part of your garden. The soil they heap is the best too.

Viva 1
01-Mar-07, 22:19
Thank you for that Sweetpea,I also like the little critters,just dont like the mess on the lawn. Will try the bottle idea!

danc1ngwitch
01-Mar-07, 22:20
Wow thats alot of mole hill's.

cliffhbuber
03-Mar-07, 04:41
What was that old saying from Lairg?

"A mole in the hill is better than a bee in the bonnet!"

Angela
03-Mar-07, 13:26
I've only once in my life seen a mole :roll: which just suddenly tunnelled up in front of my feet!

I thought it was an endearing wee thing...but I agree I wouldn't like all these molehills....:confused

Liz
04-Mar-07, 19:17
If none of the other suggestions work I have a tub of Natural Mole Repellent which I have never used and you would be very welcome to it. Would be nice to see whether it works!

If you would like it please pm me your name and address and I will send it to you.:D

Viva 1
10-Mar-07, 23:38
Thanks for the offer Liz,but the bottle idea seems to have worked.:D

Liz
11-Mar-07, 15:34
Thanks for the offer Liz,but the bottle idea seems to have worked.:D

Glas the bottle has worked. Handy to know. What exactly do you do?

I hope no moles come into our garden or the next door neighbour will be out with her boiling water and disinfectant!!!:eek:

Someone else with a 'mole problem' is trying my mole repellant so will be interesting to see whether it works.

brandy
11-Mar-07, 22:30
i know this is goign to sound horrible.. but the cats tend to keep the moles away.. or well under control at anayway! just when they proudly bring them home and say ..look mum what i brought you arnt you soooooooo proud!

ŠAmethyst
12-Mar-07, 00:44
i know this is goign to sound horrible.. but the cats tend to keep the moles away.. or well under control at anayway! just when they proudly bring them home and say ..look mum what i brought you arnt you soooooooo proud!

At least your cats can catch something. Was watching my boy in the garden this morning from the bedroom window... What a clutz - scared the birds away for 3 gardens either side 'cause he fell off the neighbours doghouse!

Maybe we should find some place with moles so that he can practice a little ;) (that's not meant to be mean btw)