PDA

View Full Version : Litter

spurtle
17-Mar-14, 20:58
Saw the litter pickers out on the South road into Wick. People who chuck rubbish from their cars should be prosecuted. We have a wonderful environment, which seems to get no respect from the few who do this. Any foreign guests whom I have met remark upon it

Rheghead
17-Mar-14, 21:02
Agreed but these high winds lately could have caused litter getting strewn from a lawful place. Wind very bad.

2little2late
17-Mar-14, 21:24
Saw the litter pickers out on the South road into Wick. People who chuck rubbish from their cars should be prosecuted. We have a wonderful environment, which seems to get no respect from the few who do this. Any foreign guests whom I have met remark upon it

It's trying to catch the scum that throw litter from cars that's the problem. If they do get caught they are prosecuted. I don't know if you ever drive South on the A9 at all, but from the mound to the south of the Cambusavie bends you will quite often notice how litter free the verges are. This isn't through considerate drivers, there are two very dear ladies who are out every week or so clearing all the discarded rubbish left by unthoughtful drivers. Great credit to these to heroines.

Kenn
18-Mar-14, 01:35
I raised this point many years ago, about the amount of litter that is strewn about the county.
There is enough of a problem with the plastic that bales are wrapped in but today saw a classic, up the hill from Dunbar, a sofa in the ditch!
The recycle centre is just along the road.