PDA

View Full Version : Red Hot Chilli Pipers

newpark
28-Feb-07, 10:24
Coming to Wick thats ace I for one would love to go see them. Saw them on the When Will I be Famous show and just thought they were so much fun.

hails4
28-Feb-07, 11:12
gotta be lies! id love it if they came but just cant see it, do you have propesed dates for this?

newpark
28-Feb-07, 11:19
It is on the Caithness.org front page take a look. For the Massed Piped bands in September

footie chick
28-Feb-07, 11:45
That'll teach me to read posts more closely thought you meant the Red Hot Chilli Peppers :o

98elite
28-Feb-07, 12:27
Good old You Tube has a clip of the show for anyone who missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqeFab4zLvw

I think they are great, looking forward to the massed pipe bands already.

Hibeechick
28-Feb-07, 16:10
Im a fan of the massed bands anyway ( its in the blood! ) but will be good with The Red Hot Chilli Pipers for something different. Might attract a crowd that wouldn't usually attend!

golach
28-Feb-07, 16:18
Wow That IS music as far as I am concerned, well done the lads, I'll be voting for them next Sat I hope

Billy Boy
28-Feb-07, 16:43
one look at the band name said it all to me. "corny" someone described them as fun, which i suppose is a bit true as they had me laughing all the way through their tune, imho electric guitar's and pipe's :eek: just dont mix

The Pepsi Challenge
28-Feb-07, 18:57
They sold their souls for a few pieces of silver. But knowing how skint Stuart is, I can't say I blame him.

auldalto
28-Feb-07, 22:39
Saw them on Saturday night and thought they were great. A Lot better than Mr Slinky or the human slinky or whatevere he was called.

rob murray
01-Mar-07, 12:25
I saw them last year and they were brilliant, dont judge them on a single short TV appearance where they had to focus on gimmickery. When I saw them the full set they played featured some really brilliant drumming / percussion, band personnel apparently having played with some of the top grade 1 pipe bands in Scotland, so technically very, very good.

The piping featured a lot of close harmony work, with players using heavy "slurs" like blues guitar notes. Basically they are a mini pipe band, technically excellent, who combine modern traditional scottish tunes mixed with stuff you wouldnt imagine being played within this genre of music ie We will rock you ( QUeen ) !!

As they are in show biz, they also have a stage act, which dependant on your mood / tastes, you will either love or hate. ( Remember the classic TOTP Mud appearance when Mud do Tiger Feet with the dancers on stage with the band...the pipers incorporate the dancing moves, ditto if you want to see pipers jump around and shake their head ala heavy / thrash metal, so very energetic and visual.

If you are a purist you will probably hate them, if you appreciate expert playing with good showmanship you will love them.

I predict that they will go down an absolute storm.

JammyDodger69
01-Mar-07, 15:52
Yeah they werent half bad them, glad they did well on the show.

LENSMAN
01-Mar-07, 19:09
electric guitar's and pipe's :eek: just dont mix

Oh yes they do.
Try listening to Wolfstone, magic.
I'll be going to see them if they come up.

Bobbyian
01-Mar-07, 21:36
Thats the sort of stuff that keeps the music industry going I like it I also like heav,hard rock Fold and classic well done lads

ŠAmethyst
01-Mar-07, 21:39
Would love to see them live!!!