PDA

View Full Version : Castle arms mey

bounce
15-Mar-14, 18:52
Does anyone know if the place has closed down over winter:confused

donnick
15-Mar-14, 23:04
yes I think the public bar and shop have stayed open but I think its reopening soon I am sure I seen a advert on the courier or groat front page with a date on it .

euan the driver
17-Mar-14, 10:14
the shop supposedly opens twice daily 11am-1pm and 4pm-to 9pm an the pub opens from 4pm and will close if its quiet. supposedly opening soon for holiday season.

mickeyebbels
01-Apr-14, 20:11
Anyone know whose got it? Friend applied for job at this hotel and was told it had been sold and the job wasn't anymore.

alanatkie
02-Apr-14, 12:55
It's still the same people that had it as last year, as my daughter works there. Yes they were closed over winter. They were open over the weekend but are opening fully in may. If you give them a call on ​01847 851244 they will advise you when they are open.

veekay
02-Apr-14, 14:20
OH bum, I thought we might be shot of them

billrose
31-May-14, 12:04
Why would you want to be shot of us? We try so hard to provide decent home made food and a good service as well as trying to employ local people wherever possible. What's wrong with you people??? It's comments like this that make us wonder just why we bother trying at all. Get a life.

chuckie
03-Jun-14, 23:30
OH bum, I thought we might be shot of themWeve recently been customers of the Castle Arms and from what weve been told its come along way, Ive been in the community a short length of time but made friends with a few "locals" and from what they have said its been a vast improvemnt. Weve been greated by the owners and by the staff and theyve always been on the ball and very welcoming, I cant see why veekay has made this remark but when hiding behind a name its easy to say. The atomosphere was good, the food cant be faulted and being honest the only complaint weve had is that I wish I could aford to eat out more often.We will be back and we will pass on the good word

Bobinovich
03-Jun-14, 23:40
This (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?219601-Castle-arms-mey&p=1068582#post1068582) may explain their response...

billrose
05-Jun-14, 12:21
Thanks to Chuckie for the comments and bobinovich for the link to "veekay"'s original post. Perhaps if they would identify themselves we would know who they were, but we have a very good idea and the unwarranted malicious nature of their behaviour towards us when we first arrived is reason enough for the ban. We have had a very positive response from locals who have become regulars over a long time now so their comments are not based on any truth.
For the avoidance of any misplaced rumours we are happy to confirm that the Hotel is up for sale purely for the reasons we are too old for the work involved and too far away from our grandchildren. For the avoidance of any other misplaced rumours we have closed our public bar due to the behaviour of a very few of our regulars. This will not reopen but regulars, other than one who is now our second banned person, are welcome to use our lounge bar. We cannot however allow dirty overalls and anyone using foul or abusive language will be asked to leave.
We hope this is clear and that the majority of our regulars will understand our reasons and respect our decision.

smith892316
05-Jun-14, 14:04
You want to start with not being cruel to your staff after what I have been told just because you are trying to sell the place there is no need to treat your staff like ,sorry for the swear word as for that female chef that's there she is just nasty piece of work.

billrose
06-Jun-14, 11:36
You want to start with not being cruel to your staff after what I have been told just because you are trying to sell the place there is no need to treat your staff like ,sorry for the swear word as for that female chef that's there she is just nasty piece of work.
It would be helpful if you would be specific as we do not treat our staff cruelly and you surely know this. Perhaps you might like to consider being sued for libel? Shame we don't have your name but I'm sure we will find out. Anyone with any sense would realise that if we want to sell the Hotel it helps to have a good reputation so why on earth would we alienate staff by being cruel to them. You obviously haven't a clue.