PDA

View Full Version : Should we have a Health Forum?

susie
15-Mar-14, 05:34
Apart from the good old weather, our health must be one of the most talked about things on the planet.
I would be interested in learning what folk do about any ailments they have and even more interested to find out how they keep healthy, how older folk keep their fitness up, how many soldier on without going to the doctor, etc.
I think threads under this heading could be helpful to many people.
Good idea?
Rubbish?
Cheery bye.

Mr P Cannop
15-Mar-14, 08:47
good plan i think

Westward
15-Mar-14, 11:29
Apart from the good old weather, our health must be one of the most talked about things on the planet.
I would be interested in learning what folk do about any ailments they have and even more interested to find out how they keep healthy, how older folk keep their fitness up, how many soldier on without going to the doctor, etc.
I think threads under this heading could be helpful to many people.
Good idea?
Rubbish?
Cheery bye.

Good idea! I know I have been very disallusioned with the standard of care offered in the Highlands,

maggie
15-Mar-14, 14:14
I don't think a forum dedicated to health matters is a good idea. It's one thing giving anecdotal advice on an individual thread but entirely another having an actual section where health advice is offered by all and sundry, it may give the impression that this advice has some medical backup and we would never forgive ourselves if this advice was taken,instead of consulting with a doctor, and that person became ill, or even worse, by following instructions given here.

For anyone seeking information, I'm sure there are many other websites which can be contacted online.

susie
15-Mar-14, 16:38
Fair enough and thanks for your explanation Maggie.

Thank you to all the folk who read the thread and for comments in reply.

Bye.