PDA

View Full Version : RIP Tony Benn

Anfield
14-Mar-14, 15:44
One of the people, since Guy Fawkes, to enter Parliament with honourable intentions.
Will be sadly missed

rob murray
14-Mar-14, 17:04
Tony Benn and Bob Crow in one week...tragedy, two great principled men, to be admired, whatever your political views

ducati
14-Mar-14, 17:52
I feel the same about these two as you guys do about Maggie.

Although to be fair, as Anthony Wedgewood-Benn, as I will always know him, gave up a peerage to remain in parliament which suggests he had some deep purpose or just didn't want a proper job. I don't know what because as far as I can see he never achieved anything.

Rheghead
14-Mar-14, 23:52
I don't know what because as far as I can see he never achieved anything.

Really?

Just one quote from the many today.

"Tony Benn's greatest legacy is the millions he inspired, who will continue his life's struggle against elites, against war and for a more equal world."

ducati
15-Mar-14, 00:04
Really?

Just one quote from the many today.

"Tony Benn's greatest legacy is the millions he inspired, who will continue his life's struggle against elites, against war and for a more equal world."

Yes, wot I said.

crayola
15-Mar-14, 00:17
I feel the same about these two as you guys do about Maggie.That's an interesting comparison. I didn't have much in common with either of them. Nor could I ever have revered either of them. I do however have some empathy with Harold Wilson's claim that Tony Benn immatured with age. As did Maggie.