PDA

View Full Version : anyone know

young
27-Feb-07, 14:03
Does anyone know were i can buy honeycomb (puff candy) from in thurso either chocolate or toffee? I have tried woolies supermarkets and cardosis on princes street but cant get any!!!:~(

coastown
27-Feb-07, 14:13
oh boy puff candy i just love them mmmmm

bosco
27-Feb-07, 14:49
try a crunchie are they not just about the same:Razz

bosco
27-Feb-07, 15:18
try this shop out they sell old fashioned sweets,and would probbaly send them on to you, ( star rock shop, 27-29 roods, kirriemuir, angus scotland. tel 01575 572579 or look them up on the net. good luck

Julia
27-Feb-07, 15:47
The tourist information place in John O Groats sells puff candy

plumber
27-Feb-07, 16:50
Why not make your own, it's easy, brown sugar, water and baking powder

young
27-Feb-07, 17:04
I have found some on ebay shops search... would have been easier to just get some in Thurso though. i might try john o groats though as i friend stays out there.

the nomad
27-Feb-07, 17:40
The 99p shop used to sell it. What about Brass's next to Douglas Mackay Buthchers, failing that just get some sausages they were ace.

ellie-lou
27-Feb-07, 18:25
try spar up in ormlie or frasers in castlegreen road

dragonfly
27-Feb-07, 20:22
Puff Candy!!! my teeth are hurting just at the thought of it!!!

sorry don't know where sells it

Cinders392
27-Feb-07, 21:26
There is a few web sites selling puff candy and old fashioned sweets. I had the same problem when looking for rainbow crystals. Its like a fruit flavoured sour sherbet I used to eat when a bairn. I took a craving for it. Just like I remember but the heartburn wasnt worth it. Im surprised I made it though my younger years with all my teeth!

Fran
27-Feb-07, 21:31
Doesnt the sweetie shop opposite Station hotel in thurso sell puff candy?

stratman
27-Feb-07, 21:36
We Lancashire folk call it Cinder Toffee.

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/cinder-toffee-p-424.html

Bobinovich
27-Feb-07, 23:06
I hate it when this topic comes back to the surface! My tummy starts gurgling at the joyous memories some of the old sweetie names bring back to life.

If only the manufacturers read the myriad messageboards around the country (ours isn't the only one who've raised this subject!), maybe they'd extract their digits and re-release those alltime favourites once more.

changilass
27-Feb-07, 23:28
Mmmmmm Texan bars and the old fashioned spangles with the butterscotch and liquorice ones.

vodka-queen
28-Feb-07, 00:24
brasses in thurso have it for sure bought it from there a while ago mabey called something different sure its a yellow ish packet not 100% though

young
28-Feb-07, 13:28
brasses in thurso have it for sure bought it from there a while ago mabey called something different sure its a yellow ish packet not 100% though

i am going down town today i will be looking in brasses cheers. :D

Sandra_B
28-Feb-07, 13:45
Also try www.retrosweets.co.uk (http://www.retrosweets.co.uk) I was surprised to see "lucky tatties" on there. Anyone else remember them?

young
03-Mar-07, 13:46
:Razz my dad managed to get some puff candy in an old fashioned sweety shop in Edinburgh they sell allthe old sweeties i,].e spangles lucky tatties and so on.