PDA

View Full Version : Hairdressers

porshiepoo
27-Feb-07, 00:32
A friend of mine will be moving to the village very soon and I'm wondering where all you girlies go for a really good haircut as I couldn't recommend one.
I used to go down to Inverness every 6 weeks but surely theres a really good one in Wick that have more then one capable stylist?
I've never tried any of them in Wick as I'm so worried about using someone I don't know or hasn't been recommended, so does anyone have preferences?
I'm not so worried about cost as the little treaties such as coffee, head massage and grapes (thats what we get at Inverness) make the whole thing a bit more of a treat, but we really want someone that listens, isn't hoping we're up for a laugh and is really good.

Piglet
27-Feb-07, 00:36
You might find one in here. Link from recommendations section.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=18550

Hope it helps :Razz

mama2
27-Feb-07, 00:36
Louise Farquhar in Streaks Ahead is really good

jac1791
27-Feb-07, 00:59
I would say -- Vivian in SHEAR CLASS . you will have a wait of 4 - 6 weeks at times but she really worth the wait.

Julia
27-Feb-07, 01:03
I'd certainly reccommend Kut Above in Henrietta Street, their number is 01955602475.

Lavenderblue2
27-Feb-07, 10:22
I can highly recommend Diane Mathieson in the Gents Cutting Room, Market Street Wick - just beside the French restaurant.
Cutting is her speciality and she is very, very good – she has cut my hair for years now – ever since she was in Northern Hairstyles having trained with Malcolm Steven. She cuts ladies hair on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday’s – no appointment required.

Lavenderblue

mccaugm
27-Feb-07, 22:59
A friend of mine will be moving to the village very soon and I'm wondering where all you girlies go for a really good haircut as I couldn't recommend one.
I used to go down to Inverness every 6 weeks but surely theres a really good one in Wick that have more then one capable stylist?
I've never tried any of them in Wick as I'm so worried about using someone I don't know or hasn't been recommended, so does anyone have preferences?
I'm not so worried about cost as the little treaties such as coffee, head massage and grapes (thats what we get at Inverness) make the whole thing a bit more of a treat, but we really want someone that listens, isn't hoping we're up for a laugh and is really good.

I go to the college, you can get all sorts of treatments as well as haircuts...not exactly most peoples first choice...but I have never had any problems since going there,,,

gem1982
09-Mar-07, 15:49
I would say go to Louise Farquar in Wick she is a friend of mine and apparently is excellent she used to work in Hair at 21 in Thurso but then moved to Wick to work. I have seen some of the hairstyles she does and honestly she is excellent! I know someone who is from here and now lives in glasgow but travels up every 4 weeks to get her to do his hair cos he thinks she is the best!

noodle
09-Mar-07, 16:59
I would say go to Louise Farquar in Wick she is a friend of mine and apparently is excellent she used to work in Hair at 21 in Thurso but then moved to Wick to work.

If she was still at Hair at 21 back last April then I definitely recommend her too - she's really good and a lovely lass too.

rockchick
09-Mar-07, 21:10
I can recommend both Diane at the Gents Cutting Room in Wick, as she does the best cut I've ever had, but she doesn't take appointments, so you have to arrive and queue, which can take awhile. Also, she only does ladies on certain days of the week, which was mentioned above.

I can also recommend Hair at 21 in Thurso...they're very good, and there's always good craick. Very professional and you get a cup of tea (even if you don't get grapes!)

philupmaboug
13-Mar-07, 03:40
Does anyone know where Louise Farquhar is based in Wick as am interested??

funky-dunky
13-Mar-07, 08:47
hi i am wounderin where is the best hairdressers to get your hair dyed from in thurso n any numbers would be really appreciated thanks xx

Hibeechick
13-Mar-07, 10:57
Louise is in Streaks Ahead

Woolie
13-Mar-07, 21:35
Or even amanda in streaks ahead too ok yes am biased but she is good don't take my word for it the number is 01955 609227

Woolie
14-Mar-07, 09:50
wat am i saying lol the number 01955 605105 pmsl must me going mad

Alan Farquhar
13-Apr-07, 23:33
Louise is in Streaks Ahead

I can now tell you that my dear daughter Louise is the proud owner of her own business which she just recently acquired from Donna MacKay (Streaks Ahead) Watch this space as their could be a name change to the shop.
My daughter is the best, AND I'M NOT BIASED. :-) So get along to Streaks Ahead for your next hair do.

Jeid
14-Apr-07, 01:48
I can now tell you that my dear daughter Louise is the proud owner of her own business which she just recently acquired from Donna MacKay (Streaks Ahead) Watch this space as their could be a name change to the shop.
My daughter is the best, AND I'M NOT BIASED. :-) So get along to Streaks Ahead for your next hair do.

The only reason you're not biased is cos you've got no hair!!! :lol:

But Louise is a great hairdresser.... so go get her to sort yer hair out!

Alan Farquhar
25-Apr-07, 23:21
The only reason you're not biased is cos you've got no hair!!! :lol:

But Louise is a great hairdresser.... so go get her to sort yer hair out!

Aye right you cheeky so and so, I will speak to you in person about your cheek.

Jeid
25-Apr-07, 23:25
Haha... better get a haircut first ;)

taylor.4
26-Apr-07, 23:16
I'd certainly reccommend Kut Above in Henrietta Street, their number is 01955602475.I agree kut Above in henrietta street, brilliant, both my-self and my daughter go there, reasonably priced as-well.

vwchick
28-Apr-07, 08:06
Amanda Steven, formerly streaks ahead, is an excellent hairdresser. Starting in Blow Your Top on 1st May. She's been doing my hair for years and is really excellent, give her a try. Telephone 01847 893848:D