PDA

View Full Version : The KW1 delivery hassel

argyle kid
27-Feb-14, 13:20
Hi all,

I recently bought a large flat screen TV on the internet from "Crampton and Moore".They stated on their web site that free delivery to Scottish Highlands,great!!
They accepted all my details (KW1 post code) However next day a e-mail arrived stating that as a result of my post code a further £15 would be required.
I replyed in strong terms that I was not on a island but in the Scottish Highlands and on the mainland. A reply ensued that the item was now shipped.
The TV arrived within three working days. no delivery charge.Some times it pays to question this issue.

Regards AK.

Tilly Teckel
27-Feb-14, 13:33
Well done, you! If you use facebook, you may like to post your experience on this page...https://www.facebook.com/ScottishHighlandsandIslandsagainstdeliveryripoff?f ref=ts

papigoeloon
27-Feb-14, 20:59
Iordered work shirts from Aberdeen and because I lived north of Elgin I also had to pay an extra £15 so its not really the distance firm are worried about

Big Gaz
27-Feb-14, 21:05
Iordered work shirts from Aberdeen and because I lived north of Elgin I also had to pay an extra £15 so its not really the distance firm are worried about

Cheaper to ask AJG to pick it up for you!

I had that dilemma last year. £55 + VAT to send my package from Northampton to Wick or use AJG to pick it up for £12 + VAT for up to 5kilo - no contest! . The other pack i buy is just over 5kilo and costs me £15 + VAT

jax
28-Feb-14, 23:47
M&H carriers are pretty reasonable with heavier items within Scotland. I had a battle today through eBay as got the normal "oh your not mainland" crap! Argued with them & got the item sent for quoted price. Suppliers just try it on a lot of the time.

orkneycadian
01-Mar-14, 18:02
Cheaper to ask AJG to pick it up for you!

I had that dilemma last year. £55 + VAT to send my package from Northampton to Wick or use AJG to pick it up for £12 + VAT for up to 5kilo - no contest! . The other pack i buy is just over 5kilo and costs me £15 + VAT

Parcelforce, 5 kg Northamptonshire - Wick - £10.77 + VAT. 10 kg, £13.27 + VAT. No contest!

Big Gaz
01-Mar-14, 18:16
Parcelforce, 5 kg Northamptonshire - Wick - £10.77 + VAT. 10 kg, £13.27 + VAT. No contest!

true, but not next day delivery!

Mr P Cannop
02-Mar-14, 09:20
they should look at their maps and they will see where Thurso is

Big Gaz
02-Mar-14, 10:10

I think they prefer looking at their wallets than the map of Scotland

orkneycadian
02-Mar-14, 10:45

I wouldn't bet on it Mr P. When Ywindy looks at a map, he can't even see that Orkney and Wick have electricity!

Mrs Bradey
02-Mar-14, 10:53
I wouldn't bet on it Mr P. When Ywindy looks at a map, he can't even see that Orkney and Wick have electricity!exceptional toast again this morning orkneycadian, I swear it tastes better now that I know its cooked with Orkneys lovely green electrickery !!

orkneycadian
02-Mar-14, 10:58
You are welcome Mrs B. Were you served by Rodney again this morning? ;)

Mrs Bradey
02-Mar-14, 11:20
You are welcome Mrs B. Were you served by Rodney again this morning? ;)yep! the "plonker"!