PDA

View Full Version : Scotland gains independence! What will you do as a "NO" voter?

Big Gaz
26-Feb-14, 14:18
Supposing Scotland does gain independence this September. What, as a "NO" voter would you do?

Just for a bit of a laugh! This is posted due to a conversation i had last night in the pub with an Englishman who is moving away and we had a laugh about what he would do if he stayed in or left Caithness if Scotland gained independence.

mi16
26-Feb-14, 14:40
wonder why it has happened 2 years early

Big Gaz
26-Feb-14, 14:50
wonder why it has happened 2 years early

Dunno myself, would have been better after the election then we would have at least had a chance to see what the future holds. Who knows?

ducati
26-Feb-14, 16:49
Should really have the other poll too for balance?

Southern-Gal
26-Feb-14, 16:57
See how things pan out.

Big Gaz
26-Feb-14, 17:31
Should really have the other poll too for balance?

Don't think it would have the same effect....."Scotland gains independence - What will you do as a "YES" voter?

Or do you mean "Scotland doesn't get independence - what will you do as a "YES" voter?

Either way i personally won't be doing anything rash :-)

Just listening to the fella last night you would think capital punishment is being brought back in. All doom and gloom and woe betide us.....I actually asked how much he had had to drink and it was just his second pint. I offered him a dram and he nearly died through trying to get the words out whilst choking on them "I'll not drink a drop of that vile haggis-muncher's puke if it's the last thing i do before i die! He was so funny to listen to and in the end i actually felt sorry for the guy, he thinks the world will end if Scotland gains independence....

porshiepoo
26-Feb-14, 17:58
I've had this same conversation lol.
I would want to move to be honest. I love it here, love my house, love the people however if I had wanted to live in a foreign country I would have gone somewhere with sun. I want to live in the UK as a British citizen.
Plus I think independence would be the downfall of Scotland :(

Wizzbang
26-Feb-14, 18:30
Here until I die

Mrs Bradey
26-Feb-14, 18:52
make no difference to me whether yes or no vote wins. will be plenty of opportunity to say "I told you so" either way! I think the guy you were talking to in the pub big gaz sounds a right bag-o-laughs!

Big Gaz
26-Feb-14, 19:30
Aye, short of shooting himself he was lol.

Murdo
27-Feb-14, 14:50
Whatever way the vote goes now it certainly won't make 'white settlers' any less disliked after all their anti Scottish comments on here

Mrs Bradey
27-Feb-14, 14:57
Whatever way the vote goes now it certainly won't make 'white settlers' any less disliked after all their anti Scottish comments on hereplease define a 'white settler'.

Murdo
27-Feb-14, 15:05
If the shoe fits Mrs B

Mrs Bradey
27-Feb-14, 15:18
If the shoe fits Mrs Bshow me the shoe, that I might try it for size! I ask again please define a "white settler"?

mi16
27-Feb-14, 15:53
a new breed of dog, a bit like a red setter

Gronnuck
27-Feb-14, 17:25
I'll be staying whatever happens.
I’m still undecided; yet I’m tempted to vote “Yes” just so I can see Danny Alexander lose his job. He's got a grin that would curdle milk. It would almost be worth it also to see Ruth Davidson and Johann Lamont squirm as they try to deny their hypocrisy and argue to keep their leadership roles,;).
Frankly I’m fed up with people telling Scotland ye cannae dae this and ye cannae dae that if there’s a “Yes” vote. The latest tale of woe is that an independent Scotland will not be allowed to access BBC TV! Well, “Jinks crivvens, help ma boab! Who cares?” I might just vote “Yes” to get rid of it and save on my TV licence!:D
As I said I’m still undecided; I don’t like Alex Salmond. Yet there’s something about Scotland that makes it so very attractive to the UK grubbiement that they will do almost anything to have us remain part of the UK. If it’s that good, if it’s that precious, maybe Scotland could well make it as an independent state,:eek:.

Mrs Bradey
28-Feb-14, 17:49
Whatever way the vote goes now it certainly won't make 'white settlers' any less disliked after all their anti Scottish comments on hereI still don't know if I'm a white settlers or not? please define! Murdoch.

Mrs Bradey
28-Feb-14, 21:33
I still don't know if I'm a white settlers or not? please define! Murdoch.still waiting murdo !!