PDA

View Full Version : Door ding rant!

ducati
22-Feb-14, 15:19
For about the ninth time, today some stupid woman smacked her door into the side of our brand new car.

If it happens again I will follow you home and set fire to your house!

There, I feel much better now.

It's not neccesarily always the same stupid woman you understand?

poppett
22-Feb-14, 15:33
Now you know why I have old cars and keep them a long time! Don`t have to bother about the door dingers when the vehicle is 15 years old.

Mrs Bradey
22-Feb-14, 15:39
For about the ninth time today some stupid woman smacked her door into the side of our brand new car.If it happens again I will follow you home and set fire to your house!There, I feel much better now.It's not neccesarily always the same stupid woman you understand?what colour car is it? just so I know and can park extra close, so as to guarantee bashing it next time I park!

ducati
22-Feb-14, 15:47
what colour car is it? just so I know and can park extra close, so as to guarantee bashing it next time I park!

Do you make a habit of it? Er..what's that smell? :eek:

Mrs Bradey
22-Feb-14, 18:03
Do you make a habit of it? Er..what's that smell? :eek:not a habit as such, its only happened about nine times since I moved to wick!!!

peedie man
22-Feb-14, 18:19
just move back then

scotsannie
22-Feb-14, 18:48
Respect and consideration for other people's property comes to mind.

ducati
23-Feb-14, 10:06
Just for reference, it costs about £200 to remove a door ding. Well below a normal excess on insurance so good luck with that even if (like me) you are sat in the car at the time.

However if it is a mark in the paint, I can do a good job of removing or lessening the impact of it for you. :lol:

This thread is genuine and didn't start out as an advert...but hey!

Mrs Bradey
23-Feb-14, 10:10
Just for reference, it costs about £200 to remove a door ding. Well below a normal excess on insurance so good luck with that even if (like me) you are sat in the car at the time.However if it is a mark in the paint, I can do a good job of removing or lessening the impact of it for you. :lol:This thread is genuine and didn't start out as an advert...but hey!always the opportunist!!

RagnarRocks
23-Feb-14, 10:11
Crikey dent removal guys are expensive up here used to cost me £50 a pop as long as the metal wasn't creased or on a tricky bit, like edge of a wheel arch.

ducati
23-Feb-14, 10:15
Now you know why I have old cars and keep them a long time! Don`t have to bother about the door dingers when the vehicle is 15 years old.

Oh poppett it annoys me on my 15 year old cars too. I, like you, keep my old cars looking nice too. :D

ducati
23-Feb-14, 10:20
Crikey dent removal guys are expensive up here used to cost me £50 a pop as long as the metal wasn't creased or on a tricky bit, like edge of a wheel arch.

There aren't any up here so it's a bodyshop I'm afraid. I wouldn't use some of their methods anyway as damage to the paint on the inside of the panel can lead to rust later. And anyway, door dings are particularly tricky, it's like the door ding gnomes make life especially difficult. COME THE REVOLUTION BROTHERS! [evil]

Ooh! I wonder if squidge could help? :eek:

RagnarRocks
23-Feb-14, 10:34
No dink removers in Caithness I'm surprised I've seen some really good ones who can't tackle so real corking donks, mind if you get a bad one your panel will look like a woodpeckers been having a go at it. I suppose there's no people spraying scuffs either.

ducati
23-Feb-14, 10:37
No dink removers in Caithness I'm surprised I've seen some really good ones who can't tackle so real corking donks, mind if you get a bad one your panel will look like a woodpeckers been having a go at it. I suppose there's no people spraying scuffs either.

I don't think so anyway. There did used to be one but I think they left.

Mrs Bradey
23-Feb-14, 12:11
No dink removers in Caithness I'm surprised I've seen some really good ones who can't tackle so real corking donks, mind if you get a bad one your panel will look like a woodpeckers been having a go at it. I suppose there's no people spraying scuffs either.ormlie garage in thurso do body repairs, from small dents and scuffs to major accident rebuilds ! do a good job too. I think they do classic car restoration too so could sort poppets car too!