PDA

View Full Version : rant here

emszxr
25-Feb-07, 13:33
seen as there is a few ranting threads lol. why dont we use this one to say what has annoyed us in the last week. go on, let it all out, start fresh for tomorrow.
no holding back now

Fluff
25-Feb-07, 13:35
i went to have my yogurt, and my b/f brother had half eaten it then put it back in the fridge!

thats all i can think of for now :)

newpark
25-Feb-07, 13:51
I went swimming today and all the lockers that worked were packed full but people had not paid to lock them so I had to leave my bag in a locker that doesn't lock although I would have liked to have used one that worked that I could have locked.
If you do not want to pay for a locker please please use one that is broken so that people who wish to use the locker properly can.

connieb19
25-Feb-07, 13:58
I thought when Tesco were applying for planning they were supposed to be having a drive through car wash...where is it? [evil]
Never any fruit and veg there when I do my shopping. [evil]

celtchicky
25-Feb-07, 13:58
im jus fed up at havin to work sundays. who really wants to work from 1440-2140 on a sunday?????? not me anyway but guess thats the joys of bein a nurse!!!![mad]

Angela
25-Feb-07, 14:05
I'm having one of these "good to be alive days" that sometimes come along for no special reason :D
...so I can't summon up a good rant today...I'll try again tomorrow :lol:

obiron
25-Feb-07, 15:07
rotten fruit and veg in tesco. ghosts in the house helping themselves to food without asking. boys scrapping. nowt to read.

cuddlepop
25-Feb-07, 15:11
My mother had a mild stroke on Friday morning and is in hospital in Inverclyde.I cant just drop things and drive down but fortunatly my brothers are at hand.trying to get information directly from staff is proving to be a nightmare.If I here confidential one more time I'll scream:mad:

Billy Boy
25-Feb-07, 15:37
why does this cold i have just keep comeing back, just when i think the blasted thing has gone, i start sneezeing and i am back to square one, i swear thats the last flu jab i am haveing it just seems to make me get the cold/flu worse[evil]

connieb19
25-Feb-07, 15:40
why does this cold i have just keep comeing back, just when i think the blasted thing has gone, i start sneezeing and i am back to square one, i swear thats the last flu jab i am haveing it just seems to make me get the cold/flu worse[evil]
What a softie lol. :lol:

©Amethyst
25-Feb-07, 15:47
I could rant all day!

Main rant at the moment is my cat! He followed me to the pub door on Fri night, so I had to carry this fat self all the way back home! Almost falling down an uncovered manhole in a dark alleyway in the process! Grrr!

Billy Boy
25-Feb-07, 15:47
What a softie lol.

what you trying to say, that i am just suffering from the man flu [evil] :lol:

jekyll n hyde
25-Feb-07, 15:54
Well i must i have to agree with connie there....when a mans got a cold they think they`re on deaths doorstep and when we are ill we have to just get up and carry on.....although i dont really have much to rant about today as ive had a successful day of finding a puppy a new home of which i thought it did until it was given back to me....(long story)...anyway i suppose i could rant about it a dog is for life not just for christmas as the saying goes:)

stekar
25-Feb-07, 16:02
One thing that is really annoying me at the moment is people dumping rubbish.

Drive from Wick daily and there are carrier bags and empty plastic bottles at the side of the road.

The other day I was following a red van and nearly got hit with an empty coke bottle. Grrrrrrr.

Also the road that runs behind Canisbay, some inconsiderate person in recent weeks has dumped car tyres, a cooker and a piece of carpert. Why???

We live in such a beautiful unspoilt part of the country. Why can't people be bothered to either ring the council up to collect stuff or take it to the tip themselves?

It makes me SO MAD!

lin
25-Feb-07, 16:04
My dog is sick, throwing up all over the place. I am fed up chasing him with a mop and a bucket!! I hope hes well soon poor thing.

bingo1
25-Feb-07, 16:08
I am sick of everything and just want to stay in my bed today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![evil]

©Amethyst
25-Feb-07, 16:11
I am sick of everything and just want to stay in my bed today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![evil]

Sounds like a grand plan :( getting visitor today... so I can't just snuggle up with a cuppa and watch a dvd *cry*

dragonfly
25-Feb-07, 17:53
I want to rant about the 4 selfish men who dumped their old car in the garages at the back of my house. Towed it there with a tractor (reg no SY06BKZ), stripped it of everything identifiable and then drove off leaving it jacked up on brieze blocks!!![evil]

thanks to them the garages will be full of smashed glass tomorrow as the school kids will have something to destroy when hiding for their crafty fag breaks.

jekyll n hyde
25-Feb-07, 17:57
i think someone should go and dump a load of cows manure in those mens gardens and how it feels to clean up a mess because it wont be them cleaning the mess they left will it.....to many peopl in this world that dont think of others:)

danc1ngwitch
25-Feb-07, 18:13
i ain't got a thing to rant about today, so i will rant for not having nothing to rant about[lol]

Bobinovich
25-Feb-07, 23:49

Thank gawd I didn't take up my Doc's offer of the jab then! I always get bad coughs between winter & spring ('bout now!) which is exacerbated by one of my tablets, but after hearing a few bad reports I was dubious about the jab! Decision made now :D

r.rackstraw
25-Feb-07, 23:56
I want to rant about the 4 selfish men who dumped their old car in the garages at the back of my house. Towed it there with a tractor (reg no SY06BKZ), stripped it of everything identifiable and then drove off leaving it jacked up on brieze blocks!!![evil]

thanks to them the garages will be full of smashed glass tomorrow as the school kids will have something to destroy when hiding for their crafty fag breaks.

Dragonfly
Please report the culprits to SEPA or the police. Since you have the tractor number they should be able to trace them.

dozerboy
26-Feb-07, 13:58
what you trying to say, that i am just suffering from the man flu [evil] :lol:

The man flu can be real bad Billy Boy, I get it frequently. My misses thinks I am a moan, but they females don't know how bad we get it!!

lassieinfife
26-Feb-07, 14:24
The man flu can be real bad Billy Boy, I get it frequently. My misses thinks I am a moan, but they females don't know how bad we get it!!

wimps............:D

lin
26-Feb-07, 14:54
My rant is about the price on the buses and trains to get from Edinburgh to Wick in a hurry. I want to leave on Wednesday for a few days, the train costs approx £45.00, and the bus £47.00. What a rip of. Is hitch hiking safe nowadays????? :lol:

dragonfly
26-Feb-07, 14:56
Dragonfly
Please report the culprits to SEPA or the police. Since you have the tractor number they should be able to trace them.

called police after they drove off but they said they did not deal with it and to call council which I am about to do, but if no joy from them will try SEPA

thanks

©Amethyst
26-Feb-07, 16:24
My rant is about the price on the buses and trains to get from Edinburgh to Wick in a hurry. I want to leave on Wednesday for a few days, the train costs approx £45.00, and the bus £47.00. What a rip of. Is hitch hiking safe nowadays????? :lol:

Megabus.com - £5 from Edinburgh to Inverness on Wednesday... could go up if you don't book today.

What's the train fare between Inverness and Wick these days? Don't use trains as partner is a long-distance bus driver.

You can easily get a bus that will get you into inverness just less than 2 hours before the 6 o'clock train. Which gives you plenty of time to freshen up and get some dinner.

Or you can get the rapson's citylink bus to Thurso for £5 - super single ticket excluding insurance.

You just need to shop around and spend half an hour or so to plan your journey and find your ceapest available options.

justine
26-Feb-07, 16:25
i ain't got a thing to rant about today, so i will rant for not having nothing to rant about[lol]
hi. I want to rant about the fact i am sick of getting up in the morning to find that someones dog has gone and crapped all over my garden. I do not own a dog and would like for my children to play in the garden without having to jump over the crap. Also to the person who walks their dogs up Cairndhuna terrace and keeps slinging thier doggy poop bag in the garden or path way./People have the right to clean enviroments and this is being abused by people who allow their dogs to roam freely and crap where they feel like.....

danc1ngwitch
26-Feb-07, 18:06
ewwwwwwww, yep moan about that. Yes u have every right to moan, thats horrid xxx

lin
26-Feb-07, 19:51
Had a happy ending re my trip to Wick. My friend was saving the daily mail tokens for cheap bus travel, £5.00 return. She cant use then so gave them to me. So travelling from Edinburgh to Wick for a fiver.:lol:

emszxr
26-Feb-07, 20:42
seen as i started this thread, what has annoyed me, well

the co-op in brora. the baby trolley is left outside in the rain and is filthy. and i had to ask the woman at the checkout to pack my 4 items as i had baby in my arms, which she could see. obviously just couldnt use her common sense.

a pregnant woman, if she old enough to be called a woman, smoking and drinking.

a taxi driver on friday night. oh my, the worst driving i have seen in quite a few years. i would have got out and walked home if it wasnt 12 miles away.

have to think of a few more, there must be some more rants

©Amethyst
26-Feb-07, 21:30
Had a happy ending re my trip to Wick. My friend was saving the daily mail tokens for cheap bus travel, £5.00 return. She cant use then so gave them to me. So travelling from Edinburgh to Wick for a fiver.:lol:

Nice one! Now you know about megabus.com for cheap intercity travel for next time anyways.

Enjoy your travels!

©Amethyst
26-Feb-07, 21:32
Ok, my latest rant... I CAN'T EAT OR DRINK!!! :( *cry* no... *wail*

Think I burnt my insidest with my dinner. Didn't realise how hot it was when I swallowed it... Beware the freshly cooked canelloni!!!!

lin
26-Feb-07, 21:58
Thanks for your help Amethyst. Hope your tummys better.

©Amethyst
26-Feb-07, 22:02
It's really sore in the throat and all the way down to the tum *sniffle* but I'm sure it'll get better soon... dying for a cuppa tho. lol... Fankoo, lin x

Bloo
26-Feb-07, 22:22
The thing thats annoyed me is i've been kinda grumpy and had an arguement with my best friend and another with a good friend :~(

Venture
26-Feb-07, 22:29
My rant is concerning the Zebra crossing at the old medical centre. For the third time in a week I have narrowly avoided being knocked down by stupid drivers who speed round the corner from the Coop and dont even stop even when I am on the crossing. So fast in fact I cant even get their registration numbers, Today I spoke to a woman who told me she had to pull her young daughter out of the path of a speeding car on the crossing as well. Anyone else had the same problem.

Victoria
27-Feb-07, 12:15
I've got a throat infection and it's making my ears hurt!!!!! :o(

darkman
27-Feb-07, 12:39
I’m not sure about the rest of you, but I’m tired of going into fast food restaurants and seeing little fat-kins approved menus! Stop shoving this fat-kins thing in my face.
When I go get fast food, I know its bad for me, but I don’t care, I like it, and I’m gonna eat it, I don’t wanna have to see signs, reminding me of, how bad a diet I’m on.
“You’re not eating right, so we’re gonna have to put fat-kins approved menus on there for people who want to eat an alternative healthy lifestyle.”
You wanna eat an alternative healthy lifestyle? Grow some vegetables in your backyard, pick em, and eat em, and make your own damn salad! Stop cluttering up my fat filled menu, with your stupid low carb rubbish?

cuddlepop
27-Feb-07, 12:51
Been told what to do,when to do it and how much, by our darling government and Scottish Executive.:mad:

sweetpea
27-Feb-07, 12:57
I'm sick fed up of people who think they know you and can see inside your head but they really couldn't be further from the truth. I have come accross a person like this lately, totally pig headed and 'right' all the time and making pressumptions about me that are way of course! Same person couldn't tell the truth if it hit them in the face either. yukk what an excuse for a human

cuddlepop
27-Feb-07, 13:01
I'm sick fed up of people who think they know you and can see inside your head but they really couldn't be further from the truth. I have come accross a person like this lately, totally pig headed and 'right' all the time and making pressumptions about me that are way of course! Same person couldn't tell the truth if it hit them in the face either. yukk what an excuse for a human
Sweetpea I know one of those"who,what, where,when,why and how" people too;)

sweetpea
27-Feb-07, 13:17
Glad I'm not alone! you know I have a very long fuse and pride myself on being able to get on with most folk but this just makes my blood boil, it's doing it now just thinking about it. one, two, three.......

dozerboy
27-Feb-07, 13:49
wimps............:D

That was a joke lassieinfife - have you had a sense of humour bypass?

©Amethyst
28-Feb-07, 20:12
Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream... Can't they make the tub a bit bigger if we're paing that silly price for it!? lol

danc1ngwitch
28-Feb-07, 20:48
i need a cuddle:roll:

sweetpea
28-Feb-07, 20:53
i need a cuddle:roll:
Aw I know how you feel, I could do with one too.:(

jekyll n hyde
28-Feb-07, 20:55
big hugggsss to all that need one:)

danc1ngwitch
28-Feb-07, 20:58
Awwww thank you, i needed that

cat
28-Feb-07, 22:01
agree with you venture. but there is no warning that it's round the corner. i think it's way to close to corner anyway! it would be much better further down a bit,i wouldnt be teaching my child to cross any road that close to a corner.also im sure it would be used much more going from the optitians corner as thats the way they walk to school,iv seen school kids step onto road to go round barrier there as well

connieb19
28-Feb-07, 22:04
Dogs crap. [disgust] Loads of it on the pavement outside my house. People shouldn't have dogs if theyre not going to clean up after them. [evil]

sweetpea
28-Feb-07, 22:13
Dogs crap. [disgust] Loads of it on the pavement outside my house. People shouldn't have dogs if theyre not going to clean up after them. [evil]
Walking along precinct in Thurso yesterday, big golden retriever type dog tied up outside co-op chemist, big load of dollops sitting beside him, what alook was on the dog's face, lol. might not have been his but his eyes were watering.right in the middle of the street too, poor mutt

connieb19
28-Feb-07, 22:17
Walking along precinct in Thurso yesterday, big golden retriever type dog tied up outside co-op chemist, big load of dollops sitting beside him, what alook was on the dog's face, lol. might not have been his but his eyes were watering.right in the middle of the street too, poor mutt
I bet the owner would have the bare faced cheek to say she just tied him up beside it too. :roll: :lol:

©Amethyst
04-Mar-07, 20:20
People what smoke...

Hehe, I'm now one of the non smoking population (dunno how long for tho lol)

And when they get on a bus out of the rain after having a cig... phewee!

*Amethyst thinks she should start carrying perfume with her to spray towards people what smell of smoke*

emszxr
04-Mar-07, 22:21
i am moaning today about ignorant people.

i was in inverness's eastgate centre in the baby changing/feeding room upstrairs next to the toilets. i had just finished breastfeeding my baby and had luckily managed to get my top done, when a woman barged in, door has no lock on it. i said there was soemone in here and i would just be 2 minutes. i handed winded my baby yet. but she just barged straight in and never said a word. i felt very intimidated and nervous. i had to gather up my things and leave the room whilst she quite happily changed her childs nappy.
i think, not sure , that she was not british.
i will be writing to the eastgate centre as i think the room whould have a lock on the door.
i was not happy and did mutter under my breath an unrepeatable sentnce as i walked out, but she probably didnt understand.

danc1ngwitch
04-Mar-07, 22:41
Some people are just to gentle to be hurt. Moaning about all the rough and tough people who rip softer natured people apart.