PDA

View Full Version : Hand grenade of the day.

fingalmacool
19-Feb-14, 14:25
Ok apparently the roof blew of the Thurso High School, quick as a flash scaffolding was erected around the Xmas period, but to date no work has happened, now call me a penny pincher but the cost of the scaffold must be huge and given its been up for nearly two months its you and me thats paying for it, figures of £1000 a day has been branded around but maybe some well informed Orger will put my penny pinching mind at rest:confused

Big Gaz
19-Feb-14, 14:34
£1000 a week is cheap going by SpeedyHire charges, who ask a mere £2.90 per FOOT of pipe rental per week!! (http://www.speedyservices.com/09_0700-h-scaffold-tubing-per-foot) so if theres 500 feet of scaffolding pipe then theres £1500 a week (+VAT!!) and you still have to hire the boards, clamps and any other associated items!

the delay in repairing it is probably so that the cooncil can allow enough water in to damage the building so much that they can justify spending £15m on a new one....:eek:

Phill
19-Feb-14, 21:39
Scaffolding is pennies to hire, it's the erection and taking down that costs.

Mrs Bradey
19-Feb-14, 23:12
if you look up at the roofline you can see a temporary felt roof seems to have been applied. I assume the council will be in the process of engaging a contractor to do the works, one may already be engaged.