24-Feb-07, 23:22
hey y'all

just uploaded a new song onto my myspace site, its an orchestral song,

not mixed properly or anything but id appreciate it if you could check it out

thanks

www.myspace.com/davidjhobbs

Jeemag_USA
25-Feb-07, 05:16
I liked it, nice work. Some of the synth parts are a little stale, but the overall feel is very good, like the strings. It needs some different melody patterns in to compliment whats already there. pretty sweet though!

What did you make it with?

K dragon
25-Feb-07, 05:54
a little boss studio thingy.

its only got 8 tracks but i can only really use six tracks as seven and eight are needed for bouncing.

i think there is 3 tracks of strings, 2 synth and one piano.

i am quite fond of eighties pop music ( shamed confession)

and one of my biggest influences is nine inch nails hence the synths.

but thanks for taking the time to check it out, appreciate it.

Deemac
25-Feb-07, 16:06
K Dragon,
My very first impression was of "The Police" (the guitar sound and arpeggio). The synth sound is a little stale as Jeemag also comments. Why not add a subtle slapback echo to loosen it up a bit. Also (me being a drummer) why not change from hihat sample to ride to lift your choruses.

Overall though, well put together.

K dragon
25-Feb-07, 17:56
i assume your talking about the Valentine song?

forbidden love is my new one.

i use a crappy little auto drum thing and you cant edit the sound or the kit pattern, its all pre set but.....

i just bought a VERY flipping expensive electric drumkit, and i have made a song using them and it sounds WAY better so for my third album, im using them.

but again thanks for the feedback.

Gleber2
25-Feb-07, 20:51
yeah...............I like it,

needs something?? the mystical something?? if you asked me for one thing that I would put on it, it would have to be some sort of slide & volume swell type thang with a long delay.................maybe an ebow would do what I can hear

& The Polis influence. I LIKE THE POLIS except every breath you take

no seriously dude great work for what you have, it's impressive I don't think I could comfortably work on 8 (6) tracks:eek: I've been spoiled in that respect

how many times did you track the voice?? if not how did you get the layered sound??

look forward to hearing your electric kit stuff. What did you get??

keep it up
Cjnr.

Chobbersjnr
25-Feb-07, 20:53
Dragon I wrote that post without realising G2 was logged in

FTR he wondered who it was when your valentine song was playing & liked it

Gleber2
25-Feb-07, 21:21
Dragon I wrote that post without realising G2 was logged in

FTR he wondered who it was when your valentine song was playing & liked it

Don't argue with what Chjnr said. Very commendable, knowing what you made it on. Wonder what you would sound like with a full production. Everyone and his brother will tell you what you should do to improve your music but in the end it is the way it is because that is the way it was meant to be. Keep it up!!

K dragon
25-Feb-07, 23:20
thanks guys.

for the song valentine i did use two tracks for the vocals,

millenium mps 300 drumkit is what im getting to grips with.

thanks for the kind comments.

DOC ROCK
26-Feb-07, 11:34
Hey k dragon, thanks for you guys coming down to the gig on Friday, it was a good laugh alright! :lol:
Some good sounds you are making there, keep up the good work.

Sporran
27-Feb-07, 20:18
I think both of your songs are lovely, K dragon! :)

"Valentine" reminds me of something by the "Red Hot Chili Peppers", and I like your vocals.

"Forbidden Love" is nice and soothing. Reminds me a bit of Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bells".

Well done!!! :cool:

K dragon
27-Feb-07, 20:24
thanks sporran.

Chobbersjnr
27-Feb-07, 20:29
"Tubular Bells".

I've just had a record of that come into my possesion. As it happens, can't say MO has really floated my boat from what I've heard

Sporran
27-Feb-07, 20:50
I think both of your songs are lovely, K dragon! :)

"Valentine" reminds me of something by the "Red Hot Chili Peppers", and I like your vocals.

"Forbidden Love" is nice and soothing. Reminds me a bit of Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bells".

Well done!!! :cool:

thanks sporran.

You're very welcome, K dragon.

I've just had a record of that come into my possesion. As it happens, can't say MO has really floated my boat from what I've heard

Is it the original "Tubular Bells", and not versions II or III? The original is definitely best, in my opinion.