PDA

View Full Version : life after the pound

bounce
17-Feb-14, 23:31
Has anybody got any Ideas about what follows the Pound (the scottish scudo? ):confused

RagnarRocks
17-Feb-14, 23:36
Ask ECK he's the man with all the answers, actually don't he will probably accuse you of trying to bully him.. Maybe the Haggis will replace the pound with Clapshot for loose change :0))

mi16
17-Feb-14, 23:51
Hmm a new currency just what we need

bounce
17-Feb-14, 23:55
might not have a choice mr s will have to come up with SOMETHING!!!!!

bounce
17-Feb-14, 23:57
Or will he wait for the breadcrumbs off the table

Phill
18-Feb-14, 01:44
Has anybody got any Ideas about what follows the PoundThe end the world as we know it.

If the result is Yes on the 19th September, Gideon himself will be running round Scotland dipping everyone's pockets for "Inglish" pounds. Soon after Scotland will grind to a halt 'cos no one will have any pennies to buy a tin of Iron Bru, this will have the economy stopped by Friday night and the knock on effect in the rUK will be just as catastrophic.

By Monday morning the lights lights will have gone out as all the renewable leccy Salmond was selling south of the border would have stopped as there will be a currency embargo, in turn the rUK will cease to exist and collapse into itself, sadly dragging Scotland into the black hole too as it's still glued to Ingerlandershire.

The resulting hole in between the Atlantic & North Sea will also swallow up all the excess water from the floods/ice caps melting/volcanic ash and vagrant Glaswegians.
The subsequent geophysical shift will alter the earths gravitational field and the sky will be sucked inwards, in effect, the sky will fall in.

Big Gaz
18-Feb-14, 02:05
The resulting hole in between the Atlantic & North Sea will also swallow up all the excess water from the floods/ice caps melting/volcanic ash and vagrant Glaswegians.

Damn these sinkholes! popping up all over the place these days!

Southern-Gal
18-Feb-14, 09:40
Trying to buy something online off ebay or anywhere else is expensive and difficult enough with the postage and the 'does not post to Scottish Highlands' without having to pay an exchange rate on top!

Big Gaz
18-Feb-14, 12:00
Trying to buy something online off ebay or anywhere else is expensive and difficult enough with the postage and the 'does not post to Scottish Highlands' without having to pay an exchange rate on top!

Yeah i can see it now! That's 10 quid for the item plus 10 quid postage plus 10 quid postage surcharge plus another 10 quid in exchange rate fees. God help you if it doesn't fit and needs to be returned!

ducati
18-Feb-14, 12:46
Yeah i can see it now! That's 10 quid for the item plus 10 quid postage plus 10 quid postage surcharge plus another 10 quid in exchange rate fees. God help you if it doesn't fit and needs to be returned!

Blimey, it would be cheaper to buy it at the shop! :eek:

Actually, I import stuff from USA via Southampton and pay in Sterling. Sometimes have to pay import duty, bloomin nightmare. Salmond, I'm a coming for ya boy!

Big Gaz
18-Feb-14, 13:19
Blimey, it would be cheaper to buy it at the shop! :eek:

Actually, I import stuff from USA via Southampton and pay in Sterling. Sometimes have to pay import duty, bloomin nightmare. Salmond, I'm a coming for ya boy!

Can't you find an importer closer to home? y'know, keep the money in Scotland as they say [smirk]

cesare
18-Feb-14, 13:43
I dont care if they change our currency to chocolate buttons as long as we get these English Only orientated bullworth chavs out of office it will be worth it
Roll on independance Myself and all my Friends and family cant wait :)

ducati
18-Feb-14, 15:46
Can't you find an importer closer to home? y'know, keep the money in Scotland as they say [smirk]

Er..no. I'm the importer. They make the stuff in Detroit.

Unless you mean closer than Southampton? That is where the ships go. :lol:

Big Gaz
18-Feb-14, 18:13
Er..no. I'm the importer. They make the stuff in Detroit.

Unless you mean closer than Southampton? That is where the ships go. :lol:

Detroit eh? must be bankrupt stock then i guess [lol]

ducati
18-Feb-14, 20:03
Detroit eh? must be bankrupt stock then i guess [lol]

I wish!, if you saw the prices your hair would go white. er..if it isn't already...or you have any.

The above post is in no way barnettist and if any offence is caused it's not my fault.

orkneycadian
23-Feb-14, 14:25
Once we go independant up here in the Peoples Republic of Orkney, Shetland and the Western Isles, we will happily exchange whatever currency you finally settle on for our oil. Pounds, Euros, Groats, Sovereigns, Ecks, Nics or Swinneys. We'll happily take them all! We cannot guarantee a favourable exchange rate (well, it will be for us!) but business is business.