PDA

View Full Version : motorway madness

johno
23-Feb-07, 22:26
Some idiot this week threw a large bit of concrete of a motorway bridge into the windscreen of a vehicle passing underneath, I ask you what kind of warped twisted person would do such a thing to someone that they dont even know or to anyone for that matter. God almighty there must be some deranged people going about today. What kind of kicks do they get from this.
isnt there enough bother with terrorists ,bombers and what else we,ve got without this happening . May be if some more money was spent on motorway security instead of appeasing con,s ,i/e compo for slopping out, not getting to vote and all the other useless causes the government dish out to please the human rights brigade. Makes you mad given the amount of cash screwed from the motorist that you cant even drive in safely.
[evil] [disgust]

horseman
25-Feb-07, 10:16
Some idiot this week threw a large bit of concrete of a motorway bridge into the windscreen of a vehicle passing underneath, I ask you what kind of warped twisted person would do such a thing to someone that they dont even know or to anyone for that matter. God almighty there must be some deranged people going about today. What kind of kicks do they get from this.
isnt there enough bother with terrorists ,bombers and what else we,ve got without this happening . May be if some more money was spent on motorway security instead of appeasing con,s ,i/e compo for slopping out, not getting to vote and all the other useless causes the government dish out to please the human rights brigade. Makes you mad given the amount of cash screwed from the motorist that you cant even drive in safely.
[evil] [disgust]

You have got that about right jonno.

rs 2k
26-Feb-07, 11:39
I had an incident myself travelling up from Inverness late one night, at the area where the two flyovers cross over the A9 just south of Alness, i was just driving along when all of a sudden there was a loud bang and the windscreen exploded in front of me, luckly enough it was a laminated windscreen which held it together (to a degree) when i stopped my van to find out what happened i saw a brick down the road behind me and i wondered how did that manage to jump up and hit the windscreen it was at 3am, i went to grab the brick to approach Alness police with and to my amazement i found about 30-40ft of thick fishermans monifiliment tied to the brick

A very dangerous prank i would say!!!!!!!

ŠAmethyst
26-Feb-07, 11:44
oops... those are the bridges I cross when I walk to the beach. How long ago was that? Not too many people walk down there late at night unless they've been to the pub and trying to sober up before they go back to their parent's houses.

rs 2k
26-Feb-07, 11:47
It was about 5yrs ago, but i won't forget it in a hurry

johno
26-Feb-07, 11:59
I had an incident myself travelling up from Inverness late one night, at the area where the two flyovers cross over the A9 just south of Alness, i was just driving along when all of a sudden there was a loud bang and the windscreen exploded in front of me, luckly enough it was a laminated windscreen which held it together (to a degree) when i stopped my van to find out what happened i saw a brick down the road behind me and i wondered how did that manage to jump up and hit the windscreen it was at 3am, i went to grab the brick to approach Alness police with and to my amazement i found about 30-40ft of thick fishermans monifiliment tied to the brick

A very dangerous prank i would say!!!!!!!
you were damn lucky, this kind of thing isnt a prank ,i would call that attemted murder.

ŠAmethyst
26-Feb-07, 12:04
Attempted murder, ye... the incident was well before I first came to Evanton. I'm sure you won't forget it in a hurry. If that'd happened to me I'd never drive again! I haven't driven since a drunken teenager jumped out in front of me in conon bridge. Just because you got Lplates don't mean it's funny!

I'm actually quite angry about that brick incident. There are 10 year olds in the village that've called me awful things. Shan't post any quotes as the language was disgusting. I didn't even know those words when I was their age. And they've shot me with a bb gun and actually chased me along my own street before now. And people around here wonder why this beautiful village actually has a bad reputation!?

I hope you went to the police! And I hope they found out who did it!

rs 2k
26-Feb-07, 12:09
I did go to the police station in Alness and it was all locked up, lights were on but no-one home

I know i should of kept with it but it was a long day of travelling so i removed the windscreen and threw it in the back of the van, pulled the bonnet hard over my ears and made home

I am awful weiry when i pass that area now

ŠAmethyst
26-Feb-07, 12:13
Lol, it doesn't surprise me that you got no answer. Every night, at certain times they drive along my street -you can set your watch to it! And the Evanton police station doesn't ever seem to be manned... always locked up when I pass it.

I think the younger kids are the ones you have to watchout for these days. The older ones have hopefully by now grown up a bit (this obviously doesn't apply to everyone here - know a guy in his fourties... petty as a 2 yr old)... or moved away.

Oh, and it's only about a minute slower by going through the village... no bridges to go under that way.

I'm still utterly shocked about that incident!

rs 2k
26-Feb-07, 12:18
I think the younger kids are the ones you have to watchout for these days. The older ones have hopefully by now grown up a bit (this obviously doesn't apply to everyone here - know a guy in his fourties... petty as a 2 yr old)... or moved away.

I think it is the same where ever u live, very little for the kids to do and a lack of respect, it is just society today

ŠAmethyst
26-Feb-07, 12:24
I think it is the same where ever u live, very little for the kids to do and a lack of respect, it is just society today

Actually, one of the boys parents said themselves that I should just go to the police.

Society... the word suggests the people within a community... I believe that people within those communities should look out for one another, not watch a young woman getting chased along the street! And my neighbour, from Wick, saw it all happen and did nothing to help me!

This place is beautiful, but don't ever think of moving here. I'd have gladly stayed in Ness if I hadn't met my partner. And out of 5 of my closest neighbours in ness, 4 of them were taking drugs and dealing them at their front doors! (the other one was a nice little old lady who took my bin in when I was at work lol)