PDA

View Full Version : Red Red Roses Revisited

veekay
23-Feb-07, 18:56
Curiosity makes me wonder did any of the ladies out there recieve their Red rose or 12 or 13 or whatever. I was presented with a beautiful red rose that is still going strong.

danc1ngwitch
23-Feb-07, 20:06
nope i didna, i received a key and it read i love u...:p

Ricco
23-Feb-07, 21:25
I must admit that I did not stick to my promise of three roses.

On the day I went and bought 3 red heart-shaped helium balloons, a dozen roses, dressed up in my best suit and delivered them personally to her ladyship at work. Howzzat!?;)

jekyll n hyde
23-Feb-07, 22:16
I received a beautiful single red rose and yes mine is also still going strong of which i think means something....:)

crayola
24-Feb-07, 02:24
I received a rent cheque and a red rose from my wee bruv. He thinks he'll not be booted out for another month or two. We'll see.

Sporran
24-Feb-07, 08:20
Curiosity makes me wonder did any of the ladies out there recieve their Red rose or 12 or 13 or whatever. I was presented with a beautiful red rose that is still going strong.

My husband presented me with a dozen red roses when he picked me up from work this evening. Better late than never! He is now out of the dog house for giving me a coffee maker on Valentine's Day instead of flowers. Although I have to admit that he did partially redeem himself on the 15th, when he exchanged the coffee maker for one of my favourite perfumes! :)

henry20
24-Feb-07, 09:23
I got flowers delivered to my work - 2 red roses, 2 orange, 2 cream & 2 pink. I phoned him up and asked him where the other 4 were!! :lol: Sadly, mine aren't going strong - does that mean anything? :eek: As lovely as they were, he's been told not to give any next year - unless its a cheaper bunch out of supermarket!

dawncw
24-Feb-07, 10:51
I got 12 red roses from my boyfriend and they are still going strong! I was told roses didnt last long but these ones are proving that theory wrong!

golach
24-Feb-07, 10:58
I must admit that I did not stick to my promise of three roses.
On the day I went and bought 3 red heart-shaped helium balloons, a dozen roses, dressed up in my best suit and delivered them personally to her ladyship at work. Howzzat!?
Ricco, you have let manhood down,:mad: giving in to these women, your good lady has you wrapped round her little finger [lol]
Mrs G got not a card, not even a rose petal, she has no need for such frivolities, she has me, like it or lump it.

trinkie
24-Feb-07, 12:29
No flowers for me now as I have become allergic to them in the house.
No chocs for me either as I have become too fat.
Instead, I found by my pillow a beautiful card and an old secondhand book
of Poems, with a ribbon marking a certain page whereon the poem read

When you are old and gray and full of sleep
And nodding by the fire, take down this book..... etc by W B Yeats.

Not bad, after almost 50yrs of marriage.

By the way I gave my husband an old secondhand book of poems ...... !!!
And then we both enjoyed a delicious breakfast and later a walk by the river.

squidge
24-Feb-07, 13:19
I was driven out to a beautiful loch where a man dressed in a kilt went down on his knees and asked me to be his wife, I got sparkles and a smile for the rest of my life for valentines day

Bobinovich
24-Feb-07, 13:33
I hope you said Yes Squidge - proves that romance is not yet dead!

Torvaig
24-Feb-07, 13:41
Trinkie and Squidge, sounds as if you both had the perfect Valentine's day.

jamieS
24-Feb-07, 14:06
Ricco, you have let manhood down,:mad: giving in to these women, your good lady has you wrapped round her little finger [lol]
Mrs G got not a card, not even a rose petal, she has no need for such frivolities, she has me, like it or lump it.

Exactly the same as I gave to my better half.

Alice in Blunderland
24-Feb-07, 14:34
I got a lovely red rose surrounded by red carnations delivered to the house from hubby as he works away from home..........I just love flowers...........and perfume...........and chocolate.

squidge
24-Feb-07, 14:57
Of course i said yes lol

I ve been waiting for AGES for him to ask. Every time we talked about it i would say "is that a proposal?" and he would say "nope":roll:

henry20
24-Feb-07, 14:58
Squidge, you should've broken tradition and did the asking yourself. It worked for me. :)

Ricco
24-Feb-07, 17:14
Ricco, you have let manhood down, giving in to these women, your good lady has you wrapped round her little finger

God, Golach... you always make me laugh. I really cannot believe that you are the mean ol' grump you paint yourself out to be. ;) My own valentine act was entirely inspirational - the good lady wasn't expecting anything. Should have seen her face - priceless! :eek:

Torvaig
24-Feb-07, 17:16
Exactly the same as I gave to my better half.

And did she like it or has she to lump it? ;)

danc1ngwitch
24-Feb-07, 17:29
I was driven out to a beautiful loch where a man dressed in a kilt went down on his knees and asked me to be his wife, I got sparkles and a smile for the rest of my life for valentines day
Wow congrads xxx nice one

Piglet
24-Feb-07, 17:36
And did she like it or has she to lump it? ;)

His better half as he put it didn't mind at all. :Razz

sassylass
24-Feb-07, 17:59
Today's the last day for my flowers. They're going into the compost heap, a gift that keeps on giving ;)

Torvaig
24-Feb-07, 18:20
His better half as he put it didn't mind at all.

:Razz That's good to hear Piglet; I like a happy ending! ;)

cuddlepop
24-Feb-07, 19:20
I got a beautiful bunch of pink carnations from the friend whose dog we were looking after for the weekend,so Mr Cp is going to replace them whem there thrown out. Carnations seem to last for ages:lol:
My daughter got a single red rose which she wanted to bin as it was from someone who isn't cool:eek: .This young boy has the manners and consideration of a gentleman but that's boring...(she has a lot to learn,probably take forty years though)

sweetpea
25-Feb-07, 00:04
I didn't get roses cause I've had them and they didn't work for me as a few of you described they didn't last long. I got a card and treated like a princess the whole day.............;)

Moira
25-Feb-07, 01:18
I actually got a bunch of flowers - not roses admittedly - just a £2.99 Tesco "special". I'd hinted long & hard because of the original thread here ( thanks Canuck) & do believe these were "stuck" in the trolley during our weekly shop. Nevertheless, they survive still - I've re-cut the stems & refreshed the water a couple of times since.

Squidge - I'm so jealous - how romantic can you get? The Bruce sounds perfect - can you clone him & arrange a distribution service through Caithness.org?

veekay
25-Feb-07, 12:42

Many congratulations. I am still waiting to be asked ( I was TOLD he was going to marry me ) and I have been wed for 30 years.

Sporran
26-Feb-07, 00:08

Awww, that's lovely, squidge! Sounds like you have a real Prince Charming there! :D