PDA

View Full Version : What are your favourite words?

crayola
08-Feb-14, 12:45
One of my new favourite words is 'delusionist'. I won't post a link to the Urban Dictionary because there's a lot of stuff on that site that would not be in line with Org rules. It's a lovely sounding word with many applications. :)

crayola
08-Feb-14, 12:47
Delusionist: Someone who is a master of their own delusions to the point where they exist in the dual planes of true and false realities, often exhibiting extreme mood swings resulting from the conflicts of planar coexistence and living in an impenetrable state of constant denial. The delusionist often has a hard time interpreting non-verbal communication, and in some extreme cases, straight-forward verbal communication, when it contradicts their false reality. Along with their failure to take even the most obvious of hints, they often have a high opinion of themselves and are obsessed with keeping their ego over-inflated to compensate for their numerous inadequacies. In an effort to illustrate some degree of normalcy, and to offset his or her frequent visitations to the false reality when relating to a particular subject matter, the delusionist will have a tendency to point out and/or over-emphasize any incident or situation that is merely a mediocrity in the true reality.

crayola
08-Feb-14, 12:50
Another of my favourite words is 'sugarbabe'. It applies to a number of my younger friends. :)

Tubthumper
08-Feb-14, 13:01
Plinth. A wonderful word.

Kodiak
08-Feb-14, 13:37
I have lots of words that I like and here are two of them :-

Arctophile

Supernacular

joxville
08-Feb-14, 13:47
I have two favourite words, one begins with F, the other ends with an F. :-)

crayola
08-Feb-14, 19:32
Flummery and Pontiff? :)

dwil
08-Feb-14, 20:36
Antidisestablishmentarianism‎ and Diarrhea

jax
08-Feb-14, 21:45
Twits I like that

ducati
08-Feb-14, 23:42
Horse Power. Oh that's two. I also like Mopar and Edelbrock oh and Hemi.

Saveman
09-Feb-14, 00:25
"Specific"

Big Gaz
09-Feb-14, 00:33
I like bestiality, flagellation and necrophilia.......but most of the time i feel like im flogging a dead horse!

The old favourites from school days are Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and Floccinaucinihilipilification (dunno if the spelling is right on those two lol)

Pillock and plonker are two occasionally used words along with the often used boll***s for when it's not worked as planned and ouchies for when something hurts lol

Dadie
09-Feb-14, 00:36
Snuggle...............family..........love ...........hugs....
Least fave but most used ..stop that! that hurts ..no fighting..etc..
And why...grrrh why....never ending question until I turn into my mother incase the final answer is because I say so!

linnie612
09-Feb-14, 02:11
Emancipate ..

RagnarRocks
09-Feb-14, 09:12
....Wubble

jax
09-Feb-14, 10:34
Scunner, describes a lot

squidge
09-Feb-14, 11:30
At last a Scots word. I like stramash, guddle and bisum. I also like antidisestablishmentarianism. My dad used to make me spell it as a child. I also like elliptical. I like the words because of how they feel in my mouth.

crayola
09-Feb-14, 13:30
I like to osculate. But I'm very fussy. ;)

Mr P Cannop
09-Feb-14, 21:09
up the road

George Brims
12-Feb-14, 23:05
Plinth. A wonderful word.
I got a room full of blank faces when I used that in an engineering meeting a few months ago. I had suggested fabricating a simple metal block to act as a plinth under something that was too low. You would think I had used some obscure term from classical architecture (my other pet hate about the otherwise excellent PD James).

Alrock
12-Feb-14, 23:52
Procrastinate.....

& I'll tell you why later.... If I get round to it...

Aaldtimer
13-Feb-14, 03:43
Delusionist: Someone who is a master of their own delusions to the point where they exist in the dual planes of true and false realities, often exhibiting extreme mood swings resulting from the conflicts of planar coexistence and living in an impenetrable state of constant denial. The delusionist often has a hard time interpreting non-verbal communication, and in some extreme cases, straight-forward verbal communication, when it contradicts their false reality. Along with their failure to take even the most obvious of hints, they often have a high opinion of themselves and are obsessed with keeping their ego over-inflated to compensate for their numerous inadequacies. In an effort to illustrate some degree of normalcy, and to offset his or her frequent visitations to the false reality when relating to a particular subject matter, the delusionist will have a tendency to point out and/or over-emphasize any incident or situation that is merely a mediocrity in the true reality.

Kinda sounds like you're describing yourself Crayo![lol]

susie
13-Feb-14, 09:21
Oxymoron..

linnie612
13-Feb-14, 14:27
Kinda sounds like you're describing yourself Crayo![lol]

:lol: ........

domino
13-Feb-14, 23:32
Peepin or cownin

jacko
15-Feb-14, 11:07
i like to keep thing s plain & simple . :roll:

so it s ....
yes & no.. depending on the situation. [lol]

George Paresly
15-Feb-14, 13:39
Hi
I Thought my favorite word is (Stylish). Because i am a stylish and dashing. :Razz

Wizzbang
15-Feb-14, 16:37
When I stayed in Mexico a colloquial word for a ""down and out was a LUMPEN
Seems to fit a few I,ve met since. lol

Mrs Bradey
15-Feb-14, 18:45
Hi I Thought my favorite word is (Stylish). Because i am a stylish and dashing. :Razzyou'll go a long way on the org! my favourite word (in no way connected to George ) is imbecile!

crayola
15-Feb-14, 19:36
Another of my favourite words is bloviate. A lot of Orgers do it on the Org. :p

squidge
15-Feb-14, 22:45
how about "charlatan" Crayola... there are a couple of those here too ;)

David Banks
16-Feb-14, 01:26
amanuensis

joxville
16-Feb-14, 02:44
Onanist.

I'm not pointing the finger at anyone on here.

linnie612
16-Feb-14, 09:13
Onanist.

I'm not pointing the finger at anyone on here.

Funnily enough, anoints and nations are anagrams of this word, both fit rather well ... :D

crayola
17-May-18, 22:35
I had several of one of my favourite words on a pizza tonight:

Jalapeño.

I also like sentient, because I am.

And lubricious, which I’m generally not these days.

orkneycadian
18-May-18, 09:43
And lubricious, which I’m generally not these days.

Surely there must be a glycerol based potion that could help with that?

crayola
19-May-18, 11:33
As a word glycerol is unattractive.

I like diaphanous.

orkneycadian
19-May-18, 17:01
To be honest, I wasn't expecting you to pronounce (or denounce) it - I more thought it may be handy in a potion to cure lubriciousness deficiency syndrome.

crayola
19-May-18, 18:42
Diaphanous: I can see through your intended meaning.

Bogbrush
20-May-18, 16:34
.Chthonic.

cuddlepop
20-May-18, 18:56
discombobulated ....how I usually feel.

crayola
02-Jun-18, 00:20
Necromancy.

It’s not a thing I aspire to out of naked ambition or desire but necessity is the mother of survival and sometimes it just happens. Because.

orkneycadian
04-Jun-18, 21:42
Does this necromancy involve shelling out £70 on Amazon for a broken radio?

crayola
07-Jun-18, 23:37
Ha ha, no!

I don’t require one as I have the gift. :)