PDA

View Full Version : Views

jinglejangle
23-Feb-07, 12:45
On the main page it shows how many 'views' there are beside each message. how does this work cause once i have clicked onto a message and logged out the view doesn't go up - also does a viewer only register one view so to speak or if someone keeps clicking onto the same link does it add to the views.

Yes, I have nothing better to do!!!!

dozerboy
23-Feb-07, 13:29
On the main page it shows how many 'views' there are beside each message. how does this work cause once i have clicked onto a message and logged out the view doesn't go up - also does a viewer only register one view so to speak or if someone keeps clicking onto the same link does it add to the views.

Sad question huh!!

The page would need refreshed I think to alter the number of views - I could be wrong though.

There'll be some anorak out there will know the truth............

Buttercup
23-Feb-07, 16:58

I've wondered that too, and no, dozerboy, refreshing it makes no difference either!
So jinglejangle your not the only "Sad O" on the org ~ it's just that you and I are owning up to it!
[lol]

Buttercup
23-Feb-07, 20:26
I think through the use of cookies if you have already visited a page it won't count you twice until another post is made (even then it might not tho). pretty sure it won't count you twice tho.

also, if you have only visited once and used the back button the views will not go up until you refresh.

Try it yourself ~ Look at the number of views before you visit then go back, refresh the page and there ~ No difference. :confused

jinglejangle
23-Feb-07, 21:06
thanks for admitting to buttercup!! its something i wondered about for ages because the number never seems to change when i go into and out of page - even if i refresh!

well since no-one knows the answer to that one i am off to watch paint dry!

Buttercup
23-Feb-07, 21:13
Judging by the number of views (if they actually mean anything) we're not the only anoraks interested in the subject! [lol]

golach
23-Feb-07, 21:23

JJ as far as I can tell one viewer registers one count, this stems from the days when we all had individual record of views, making us junior, orger and 1k orger. This was done away with recently.

Buttercup
23-Feb-07, 21:25
Try it yourself ~ Look at the number of views before you visit then go back, refresh the page and there ~ No difference. :confused

JJ as far as I can tell one viewer registers one count, this stems from the days when we all had individual record of views, making us junior, orger and 1k orger. This was done away with recently.
As I said golach - try it with a thread you haven't looked at. It just doesn't work like that.:confused

golach
23-Feb-07, 21:34
As I said golach - try it with a thread you haven't looked at. It just doesn't work like that.:confused
Sorry I was wrong, its the number of posts that are recorded not the number of Views, sorry for being so unclear

Buttercup
23-Feb-07, 21:39
Sorry I was wrong, its the number of posts that are recorded not the number of Views, sorry for being so unclear
No probs ~ just interesting for anoraks like jinglejangle and me. :lol:

changilass
23-Feb-07, 21:47
Nowt wrong wi anoraks - come in very usefull in this weather:lol: