PDA

View Full Version : Tube strike

crayola
07-Feb-14, 11:51
Travelling in London was difficult yesterday but it wasn't impossible. I had to walk from Victoria to Pimlico which was enjoyable as I passed many of my former haunts from the time I lived there. I enjoyed walking the West London Way. :) Memories are more real than psychics' dreams of the dead.

RagnarRocks
07-Feb-14, 15:04
I used to love wandering around London alas I feel like a stranger there nowadays.

crayola
08-Feb-14, 11:56
Contrary to the impression you might get from the media, a lot of tube trains were running during the strike. They stopped at fewer stations so it was possible to reach your destination quicker than usual. :) London was my home for a long time and I will always feel safe and at home there. :)

ducati
08-Feb-14, 17:13
I don't care if I never see the place again. As for the Tube strike, who cares? (mind the gap!)

crayola
08-Feb-14, 19:31
You have the air of a native teuchter. :p When did you go native?

ducati
10-Feb-14, 10:39
You're probably right C. I used to be quite the man about town. Worked for a well known French Lingerie house moons ago. Frequented Fashion Week, Earls Court, Olympia and all the provincial Expos. NEC, Gmex, Harrogate Lace. Etc. Maybe we've met? I used to know a lot of Models.

joxville
10-Feb-14, 17:13
There's some choobs on this site I wish would go on strike :-)

crayola
15-Feb-14, 19:31
You're probably right C. I used to be quite the man about town. Worked for a well known French Lingerie house moons ago. Frequented Fashion Week, Earls Court, Olympia and all the provincial Expos. NEC, Gmex, Harrogate Lace. Etc. Maybe we've met? I used to know a lot of Models.Which lingerie house? I did several events at Earl's Court. Were you the bloke that used to try to chat me up by telling me I was even sexier than the blessed Margaret? :) The closest I came to being paid by lingerie houses was working for Pretty Polly. My legs were on the walls of underground stations. Usually with someone else's face. :(

ducati
15-Feb-14, 21:17
Which lingerie house? I did several events at Earl's Court. We're you the bloke that used to try to chat me up by telling me I was even sexier than the blessed Margaret? :) The closest I came to being paid by lingerie houses was working for Pretty Polly. My legs were on the walls of underground stations. Usually with someone else's face. :(

Dim-Rosy when they first came to the UK. Only did it for 10 years then I had to get a proper job.

orkneycadian
16-Feb-14, 14:10
My legs were on the walls of underground stations. Usually with someone else's face.

Now there's a confession if ever I heard one! [lol]

Presumably this was in the days before you would get arrested for such acts?