PDA

View Full Version : Psychics, Good, Bad Or Medium

RagnarRocks
07-Feb-14, 10:00
What are people's views in Psychics are they truly in touch with the spirit world but only they can speak to your loved ones and aunts Mabel's cat Tibels. Or are they fraudsters preying on vulnerable people who need some support .

Big Gaz
07-Feb-14, 10:12
Could have sworn Aunt Mabel's cat was called mittens.....:D

jax
07-Feb-14, 10:26
Psychics is good. I've never been able to talk to aunties cat & seriously don't think anyone can. Its like the religion thing, folks need a bit of relief from reality and a bit of outside hope to keep them going. If it makes others happy then why not?

RagnarRocks
07-Feb-14, 10:26
Ooh let me check ma tea leaves ! Nope definitely not Mittens but I'm getting the name Tetley does this mean anything to you Gaz ?

oodyourdabe
07-Feb-14, 10:52
Psychics are 100% false/fake/terrible.

Either that or the dead are really ignorant.

You may hear a psychic state "I have the letter J coming through trying to contact you. Does that have any relevance?"

From this example we can tell one of two things:

1) The dead person trying to contact you is being ignorant and evasive by not providing their full name or recognisable details. Why would they want to contact you and when they finally do (through the psychic) be cryptic and not reveal full names/addresses/descriptions? Instead of the dead person saying "My name is John and I was his Grandad. We used to go fishing a lot" the psychic will say something like "I have the letter J. It's a man in the family and he is mentioning water"

or

2) The psychic isn't able to contact the dead. Instead they do what is called blind reading and throw little details out to try and have the person recieving the reading relate to. They mention details like "water" or a letter like "J" and if the person reacts to this they then continue along this route taking shots at getting it right. If they get it wrong they keep firing shots until they do get it right.

Big Gaz
07-Feb-14, 11:00
Psychics is good. I've never been able to talk to aunties cat & seriously don't think anyone can. Its like the religion thing, folks need a bit of relief from reality and a bit of outside hope to keep them going. If it makes others happy then why not?

Edit: spellchecker eh?? Tch tch, should have seen that one coming

jax
07-Feb-14, 11:01
Let the cup be swirled a wee bit more I definitely hear something is it a J no hang on a minute is it a RR no hang on another minute swirl harder it big fat zero lol

Big Gaz
07-Feb-14, 11:02
Ooh let me check ma tea leaves ! Nope definitely not Mittens but I'm getting the name Tetley does this mean anything to you Gaz ?

Tetley.....ummm......hmmmm........NOPE! try again!!

jax
07-Feb-14, 11:05
Edit: spellchecker eh?? Tch tch, should have seen that one comingOh no I've been rumbled, not paying attention & rubbish spelling. Drat & I thought I was taking the first step of journalism.......

Big Gaz
07-Feb-14, 11:07
Let the cup be swirled a wee bit more I definitely hear something is it a J no hang on a minute is it a RR no hang on another minute swirl harder it big fat zero lol

Swirl harder eh? sounds like a movie title.....swirl hard - swirl harder - a good day to swirl hard - swirl hard another day......could get Ice T to star in that maybe? And it could be shown on Tea V

Big Gaz
07-Feb-14, 11:08
Oh no I've been rumbled, not paying attention & rubbish spelling. Drat & I thought I was taking the first step of journalism.......

Journalsim eh? i hear there's a journalist locally that can help but be careful, she ain't cheap and time is money!

jax
07-Feb-14, 11:12
Journalsim eh? i hear there's a journalist locally that can help but be careful, she ain't cheap and time is money!Yeah I heard there was a lot of time=money sounded like a profitable career change

squidge
07-Feb-14, 11:28
I dont believe in psychics ability to contact the dead. However a year or so ago i was persuaded to go to see a performance at Eden Court with a lovely friend of mine who does believe. I was picked out for a "visit" from my late Mother In Law. I posted about it here. I was very ANGRY and unsettled after this. I do not believe I was conned and there is no way I was set up. I still do not believe psychics can communicate with dead people but I have no explanation for what happened. The only way I have been able to resolve this is to accept that I have no explanation for what happened. There is however one thing I do know. That is that I am NEVER going to one of those things again!

crayola
07-Feb-14, 11:39
The cat is called Tilly and she's a wonderful friendly cat. She still tries to get into my house but I don't let her in because I don't know how she'll get on with my cats. There's no such thing as a medium. I tried to learn how to do it once. I soon learned it was either a scam or done by delusionists. Genuine scammers and genuine delusionists. Better to stick to witchcraft where everything is real and up front. :)

crayola
07-Feb-14, 11:42
Journalsim eh? i hear there's a journalist locally that can help but be careful, she ain't cheap and time is money!That would be Jina the journalist. I hear she talks to the dead using a reflection. :)

jax
07-Feb-14, 12:56
That would be Jina the journalist. I hear she talks to the dead using a reflection. :)Jina the journalist I believe has no soul & no reflection

oodyourdabe
07-Feb-14, 14:40
I dont believe in psychics ability to contact the dead. However a year or so ago i was persuaded to go to see a performance at Eden Court with a lovely friend of mine who does believe. I was picked out for a "visit" from my late Mother In Law. I posted about it here. I was very ANGRY and unsettled after this. I do not believe I was conned and there is no way I was set up. I still do not believe psychics can communicate with dead people but I have no explanation for what happened. The only way I have been able to resolve this is to accept that I have no explanation for what happened. There is however one thing I do know. That is that I am NEVER going to one of those things again!

Can you give any examples of what was said that caused you to believe you weren't conned?

Another thing to note is that the psychics will decide what to say based on a person's reaction.

I.e.

A psychic says "I am here with your Grandfather. He is seeming rather abrupt and pushy"

If the person seems to agree the psychic will continue to go with this "reading" however if the person reacts negatively the psychic will change and say "which is so not like him"

It's all about the cold reading of people's reactions.

RagnarRocks
07-Feb-14, 14:59
I have thrown the tea leaves out but just swilled some coffee grounds and the omens are profoundly good its says on a head at far north walks a cold eyed zombie craving gold. Now don't ask me how I get such amazing readings from an old cup of Nescafé as its,well a secret.

jax
07-Feb-14, 16:13
It takes all sorts to make a world, if we were all the same it would be mighty boring

squidge
07-Feb-14, 17:18
Can you give any examples of what was said that caused you to believe you weren't conned?Another thing to note is that the psychics will decide what to say based on a person's reaction.I.e.A psychic says "I am here with your Grandfather. He is seeming rather abrupt and pushy"If the person seems to agree the psychic will continue to go with this "reading" however if the person reacts negatively the psychic will change and say "which is so not like him"It's all about the cold reading of people's reactions.

He said things which tapped into key memories I have of my mother in law. After i had suggested (seriously reluctantly i have to say) i recognised the woman he was describing( a mum 70 when she died, a cleaner in a pub who alwsys wore a pinny) as my Mother in Law. He questioned this as he explained "she" was most persistent that she was mum. Mum mum mum mum mum. Was what he said. See Sally WAS very definitely mum. She introduced herself as mum on the first day I met her well before I was marrying her son. When I tried to call her Mrs .... I was gently corrected to "its mum, love".

He asked me few direct questions. In fact the only question he asked me was "have you been sick recently" to which i replied No. Then he asked me had someone close to me been sick- vomitting sick. I was puzzled and shook my head, then he said that "mum" said I had been rubbing someones back, three days before the old lady i had been looking after had been sick whilst I was with her and had indeed rubbed her back, Got her medication called her daughter.

He then said, again no questioning - he said im getting she is interested in three boys. Who are they? I have five kids, the eldest three boys are her grandchildren.

He said she was trying to show him her knitting but he said it was funny looking knitting cos it looked like it was full of holes. Sally was a whizz at knitting those sweaters in the 80s that were batwing sweaters and did indeed look like they were full of holes.

It was so unexpected. Whilst I loved her and still miss her... Im not grieving for her. She has been dead for 20 years. It was bizarre.

Niall Fernie
08-Feb-14, 04:34
Squidge, you should watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xswt8B8-UTM (it's part one of six)

Mrs Bradey
08-Feb-14, 14:34
The cat is called Tilly and she's a wonderful friendly cat. She still tries to get into my house but I don't let her in because I don't know how she'll get on with my cats. There's no such thing as a medium. I tried to learn how to do it once. I soon learned it was either a scam or done by delusionists. Genuine scammers and genuine delusionists. Better to stick to witchcraft where everything is real and up front. :)Tilly, yes yes Tilly that was it.

lybster111
08-Feb-14, 14:36
if you want to learn how to do this you will have to sit in a development circle for a couple of years and learn the basics, mechanics, and physics hope this helps.

crayola
08-Feb-14, 19:29
Tilly, yes yes Tilly that was it.Tilly is a lovely cat. Although I didn't say that when I inadvertently locked her in my car for several hours last summer and she pooped on the floor in the back. It stank for weeks afterwards. :( I almost squished the marmalade cat this afternoon when she can out from under the car in front of where I was parking. I wonder if Tilly could have communicated with the marmalade cat if she had sadly parted. Can cats be psychic?

ducati
10-Feb-14, 21:24
What about the ones that apparently help the Police find missing and dead people?

Mrs Bradey
10-Feb-14, 21:29
What about the ones that apparently help the Police find missing and dead people?are they speaking to, or hearing from beyond the grave - or is it just dead people smell like kit-e-cat?

neilsermk1
13-Feb-14, 13:56
I used to be a medium before all the beer and pies :lol: