PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas?

gleeber
04-Feb-14, 21:55
This wee window has appeared nearly every time I log onto the internet for the past couple of days. I don't touch any of the live links and they are all active. I just click the wee cross at the top.
When I try to copy and paste it into google the box stays empty.

Power update available

AN UPDATE IS AVAILABLE TO POWER 8

Your version 1.4.4.628
New version 1.4.5.666 Download MSI and update now!

Other options:

Download MSI Download 7z Open project website.
Remind me next time Dont tell me again about this update

RagnarRocks
04-Feb-14, 22:01
If you look on the technical support thread there are some people who could probably answer your question I think one is called dx100uk

Bobinovich
04-Feb-14, 22:04
Sounds like you're running Windows 8 with the 3rd party Power8 Start button and if so then it should be fine to install the update. If not then you can just uninstall it through Programs & Features in the Control Panel.

Big Gaz
04-Feb-14, 22:05
It's not one i am familiar with so all i can suggest is to have a look in your process window to see what is running and close it down. (ctrl + alt + del) lets you access task manager and then click on the processes tab to see what it is.
If it's not something you have installed (i.e. power 8) then close the process and then close the task manager. Go to the start button, click it and in the small window at the bottom of the menu, type in msconfig and then enter.
Once that window is up click on startup to see what progs are loaded on starting your pc. If there is a power 8 showing, uncheck the box and click apply. Restarting the pc after that should cure the problem.
Once that is done and all is well, you then need to click on the start button, go to control panel, then on to programs, then search for the power 8. Uninstall it if it isn't needed. Should be you sorted after that.

gleeber
04-Feb-14, 22:10
Spot on Bob. Thanks for that. Why wont it copy into google though?

Bobinovich
04-Feb-14, 22:45
Spot on Bob. Thanks for that. Why wont it copy into google though?

I take it you're meaning something similar to this

http://power8.googlecode.com/svn/wiki/Power8New04.png

In which case there's nothing to copy & paste - you could right mouse click on a link then there should be a Copy Link Address option (or something similar), but if you're wanting to open one then why not just left click on it?

gleeber
05-Feb-14, 00:14
That's it Bob. To be honest I didn't know what it was. I thought it may have been something nasty. My daughter made the shortcut for me recently because after 9 months I still struggle with windows 8.

Bobinovich
05-Feb-14, 00:39
That's it Bob. To be honest I didn't know what it was. I thought it may have been something nasty. My daughter made the shortcut for me recently because after 9 months I still struggle with windows 8.

Don't worry, you're definitely not alone in that...I hate it with a loathing & my own Windows 8 laptop has also been decked out with a start button, automatically starts in Desktop mode, disables the charms & other modifications, etc. all of which makes if feel much more like Windows 7, and I've done the same for many clients to date!