PDA

View Full Version : Toe operation

Bloo
21-Feb-07, 22:07
Hello. I got a small operation on my toe to get the toenail removed. I have been fine up until now. Im feeling a sharp discomfort in my left big toe. I have had family members or friends have it done and they'res has turned out alright. Mine on the other hand...didnt. If this has happened to you please tell me what i can do as the doctors have just said it will go away soon. That was months ago!![evil]

EDDIE
21-Feb-07, 22:47
Hello. I got a small operation on my toe to get the toenail removed. I have been fine up until now. Im feeling a sharp discomfort in my left big toe. I have had family members or friends have it done and they'res has turned out alright. Mine on the other hand...didnt. If this has happened to you please tell me what i can do as the doctors have just said it will go away soon. That was months ago!![evil]
Well i had my nail on my big toe removed when i was in high school
I thought the nail would grow back in but it didnt that was about 23 years ago occasionaly not often i get like a sharp pain were the nail used to be has come and go over the years Some people call it a phantum pain

JAWS
21-Feb-07, 22:53
You can always try seeking a second opinion if you haven't already done so. Even if the same conclusion is drawn you certainly won't have lost anything.

Fran
22-Feb-07, 03:00
I would think this is a nerve root pain from having the nail removed. It will go eventually in time.

tisme
22-Feb-07, 08:51
Hi, I got both my big toe nails removed in sept '05. The left one is perfect, just looks like skin has healed over. The right one however, which was particulary buckled! still has some nail left in the bottom left which still grows. This is very irritating, but I wasn't sure at the time if this was the norm, and when I realised it was actually still growing I thought it was too late to go back. Must admit it does't look too attractive either, could never wear sandles before coz I had buckled toe nails, still can't wear them cos I have a buckled space with bits growing out! Hey ho such is life, and before anyone says go and get it removed again, no way............