PDA

View Full Version : Love at first sight?

Angela
21-Feb-07, 17:29
Do you believe in love at first sight?

If you do, do you think it a good basis for a lasting relationship?

Billy Boy
21-Feb-07, 17:31
load of rubbish lol, it's lust at first sight:Razz

sweetpea
21-Feb-07, 17:38
have to agree with billy boy, it's lust at first sight and no it doesn't last

squidge
21-Feb-07, 17:39
When i met the Bruce I thought he was a nice sort of guy and would make a good friend. We worked together although across the room from one another and when we arranged to meet outside of work - it wasnt a date just we were going to the same thing - i drove into the car park and he was standing there and WHAM. I thought "oh no - i'm in trouble here" Talk about right between the eyes... so love at first sight? well first sight outside work lol.

I have to say that if i see him unawares - like he comes to see me at lunchtime unannounced I still get that feeling and all the girls laugh at me.

chamb
21-Feb-07, 17:45
load of rubbish lol, it's lust at first sight:Razz

I wouldnt say that!!! every person is different, some people find it easy to fall in love so for them love at first sight is possible. I know that when i met my husband, i hadnt given a relationship with him a thought, but one day something just clicked and i thought mmmmmm, and there must have been something he found in me at first sight, as he to this day remains to say that the first time he met me he knew there was something special, and then went out his way to spend time with me, and it progressed from there.

Billy Boy
21-Feb-07, 17:56
when i met my husband, i hadnt given a relationship with him a thought, but one day something just clicked .

so what your really saying is,it's was not love at first sight then:confused

henry20
21-Feb-07, 18:28
No, there is no such thing as love at first sight. Its purely lust! On ocassions, lust will develop to love.

cuddlepop
21-Feb-07, 18:30
When i met the Bruce I thought he was a nice sort of guy and would make a good friend. We worked together although across the room from one another and when we arranged to meet outside of work - it wasnt a date just we were going to the same thing - i drove into the car park and he was standing there and WHAM. I thought "oh no - i'm in trouble here" Talk about right between the eyes... so love at first sight? well first sight outside work lol.

I have to say that if i see him unawares - like he comes to see me at lunchtime unannounced I still get that feeling and all the girls laugh at me.
Lol,Squidge I know exactly what you mean.Maybe Angela should rename thread "oh oh I'm in trouble"Was enjoying my new found single status when a Oh Oh moment struck me:lol:

Royster1911
21-Feb-07, 18:30
Love or lust? Does it really matter? I fell in love / lust with my wife 39 yr ago. we are still togeather and still in love so yes, it does work:Razz

connieb19
21-Feb-07, 18:40
Men are like parking spaces...all the good ones are taken and the ones that are left are too small. :lol:

mop top
21-Feb-07, 19:14
Men are like parking spaces...all the good ones are taken and the ones that are left are too small. :lol:

I liked that one connie 19 :lol: so true

Billy Boy
21-Feb-07, 19:35
Men are like parking spaces...all the good ones are taken and the ones that are left are too small.

lol a heard you like your men like yer coffee...strong & black :roll: :lol:

Angela
21-Feb-07, 19:38
lol a heard you like your men like yer coffee...strong & black :roll:

but sweet? :lol:

Alice in Blunderland
21-Feb-07, 19:40

Come on now Connie Weeboyagee isnt that small despite his name and hes not taken....eh eh could there be any chance of a little romance mmmmm :eek:

Billy Boy
21-Feb-07, 19:45
Come on now Connie Weeboyagee isnt that small despite his name and hes not taken....eh eh could there be any chance of a little romance mmmmm

lol this could be another org wedding:lol: i thought weeboyagee had his wedding picture on here already[lol]

sam
21-Feb-07, 19:48
Come on now Connie Weeboyagee isnt that small despite his name and hes not taken....eh eh could there be any chance of a little romance mmmmm :eek:

ooohh!! if there's gonna be romance in the air a sure hope he finds his organ so he can seranade her ;)

scotsboy
21-Feb-07, 19:50
The first time I saw The Rangers Football Club I knew it was love and would last forever.

Sporran
21-Feb-07, 19:50
I do believe in physical attraction at first sight. Whether it develops into love or not, is another matter.

Alice in Blunderland
21-Feb-07, 19:54
lol this could be another org wedding i thought weeboyagee had his wedding picture on here already

Nah that was only me trying to put the idea into his head... she was a bit wooden and they didnt really hit it off :eek: you know the big 40 and still on the shelf.....talk about being an old maid ...

wheres Connie we could send her a pic of him to see what she thinks could be the start of a budding romance .... or even love at first sight I already posted his details on the other thread to see if there would be any takers.. :lol:

Alice in Blunderland
21-Feb-07, 19:56
ooohh!! if there's gonna be romance in the air a sure hope he finds his organ so he can seranade her

Dont you worry on that one he arrived home with it under his arm :eek: He was performing in Thurso all weekend but forgot to mention to me ...how could he not tell his little sis where he was going. :roll:

connieb19
21-Feb-07, 20:06
but sweet? :lol:
And heading straight for the hips. :eek:

connieb19
21-Feb-07, 20:08
Last time I came out the house was full, You'd think the very least he could have done was let the wind out of that wife of his to make room for me o squeeze in. [para]

sam
21-Feb-07, 20:14
Last time I came out the house was full, You'd think the very least he could have done was let the wind out of that wife of his to make room for me o squeeze in. [para]

lol are you calling his ex a wind bag:lol:

Alice in Blunderland
21-Feb-07, 21:39

Connie for you Im sure he would make room for you in his house....heck if its love Ill even move out to give you both peace and quiet ;)

weeboyagee
21-Feb-07, 22:45
Do you believe in love at first sight?

If you do, do you think it a good basis for a lasting relationship?
Absolutely - I saw the car of my dreams on the internet and fell in love with it immediately. Two weeks I flew to London to see her and immediately swept her off her wheels. I took her to Newmarket for the weekend and then we had a long journey together all the way up north. She is japanese but I don't mind that - a bit of the oriental east in her ;) - we've been together ever since - of course I believe in love at first sight!!!!

LMAO

WBG :cool:

weeboyagee
21-Feb-07, 22:49
AAAAAAAAahhhhhhhhhhh,..................I logged on here and saw Angela's first post and quoted on it before reading the entire thread and find out that I'm half the subject material of the topic of conversation!

Right,....no wedding (for a while anyway) to spite you guys (rasp!!!!!****) and when one comes - the wife will have to make room for a taste of the orient every now and then - and I am sure she will love a spin in it! Hahahaha.............

Angela
21-Feb-07, 22:55
Absolutely - I saw the car of my dreams on the internet and fell in love with it immediately. way up north. we've been together ever since - of course I believe in love at first sight!!!!

LMAO

Are you sure you won't be tempted to trade her in for a newer model? :roll:

changilass
21-Feb-07, 22:58
I never believed in love at first sight till I met my son, Both hubby and myself are totally bessoted with him, and yes, it will last:D

EDDIE
21-Feb-07, 23:04
Women are like buses they all come at once

Alice in Blunderland
21-Feb-07, 23:06
AAAAAAAAahhhhhhhhhhh,..................I logged on here and saw Angela's first post and quoted on it before reading the entire thread and find out that I'm half the subject material of the topic of conversation!

Right,....no wedding (for a while anyway) to spite you guys (rasp!!!!!****) and when one comes - the wife will have to make room for a taste of the orient every now and then - and I am sure she will love a spin in it! Hahahaha.............

WBG

Yea Yea he doth protest too much :lol: yyaawwnn;)

sam
21-Feb-07, 23:20
Yea Yea he doth protest too much yyaawwnn;)

you tell him lol:lol:

sam
21-Feb-07, 23:22

ha ha lol you'll pay more attention next time:lol:

horseman
21-Feb-07, 23:26
Worked smashing for me and my wife Angela.

Hope you have the same luck, and I think there is a lot of that element needed.:)

Alice in Blunderland
21-Feb-07, 23:56
Absolutely - I saw the car of my dreams on the internet and fell in love with it immediately. Two weeks I flew to London to see her and immediately swept her off her wheels. I took her to Newmarket for the weekend and then we had a long journey together all the way up north. She is japanese but I don't mind that - a bit of the oriental east in her - we've been together ever since - of course I believe in love at first sight!!!!

LMAO

ahhhhh I love a happy ending :eek: not!!!

Alice in Blunderland
21-Feb-07, 23:59
ha ha lol you'll pay more attention next time

See Sam he needs a good woman to keep him on the right track. :lol:

At least he does believe in love at first sight now Connie ---where--- are ---you---- ?? Ive got my cupids bow polished and ready for action. ;)

danc1ngwitch
22-Feb-07, 19:53
Love at first sight, hmmmm, i dunno!!!
Soul mates was a topic i think we touched on before somewhere.
Is it all in our Mind??
Do we block out things on purpose to stop us falling for
somebody at first sight??
I think that there is someone for everyone out there, to support and
have the bestest chemistery wea.
So i say yes i think there is Love at first sight,
where maybe two souls are connected and when unite in the flesh, they
canna help themselves.
I choose to beleive this because its better than thinking,
na we all have to tredge the mud for years and sample the rott first.
Now Love at first sight, yep yep yeppers...

cliffhbuber
22-Feb-07, 22:39
A connection of the hormoans! yes!

A link of the energy fields! yes!

Beyond these, it is the depth of common interests, the degree of sharing, support for each other's independent thought, appreciation of the partner's positives and unconditional acceptance of any weaknesses.
A linking of the minds is as important as the linking of the bodies.

Blazing Sporrans
22-Feb-07, 23:11
There will always be doubters in this argument however I can only argue from my experience. I met my wife when dating another girl and from the first time I saw her my stomach was doing flip-flops like I hadn't experienced since 1st year secondary school. Every subsequent time I saw her, I felt exactly the same way and I knew that it wasn't fair to the then girlfriend to continue in a relationship where I felt such an obvious attraction to another female.

After finishing with her (and boy she wasn't happy [disgust] ) I then asked my wife out on a date. On that first date, I told her that I was going to marry her some day. She thought I was a nutter who was spinning a line to get his leg over [smirk] - no faith some women!!

Anyway, we are happily married and have been for many years. And it's still love at first sight every morning.....(awwwwww)

Geo
23-Feb-07, 12:05
I met my wife Joan when I was 16. From our first conversation I knew she was amazing and when she left that first evening to go home I could think of nothing else but her and looking forward to meeting her again. Lust had nothing to do with it. I wanted to be around her to hear what she had to say, to listen to her talk about her thoughts, ideas and hopes. Thankfully she felt the same about me! A while later, but still 16 I asked her to marry me and the answer while not a straight yes was positive. We continued to get to know each other, building our appreciation of each others lives, dreams, hopes and fears. We got married four years later and will be celebrating our 18th anniversary this year. I knew when I was 16 that Joan was the girl for me. What I didn't realise was that she is more amazing than I could have ever imagined.

danc1ngwitch
23-Feb-07, 22:56
These stories are fantastic, i love reading them.
I am a hopeless Romantic, and i have been blessed with a great imagination so in my head i can do as i wish. I can walk in snowy white clouds, i can have a remote connection with my mate tho sometimes a remote connection is not always enough ( ops if u know what i mean ) lol

crayola
24-Feb-07, 02:52
Sometimes a remote connection is not enough, sometimes it is.

Sometimes you can tell which witch is which at first sight, sometimes you can't. Mostly we have to work on it until the spell is cast.

Dance on.

Cinders392
24-Feb-07, 12:51
I am going to type a part from a book that I read called HUMAN which had the editorial consultant Robert Winston. A very interesting man!
I agree with this theory

There are many theories on falling in love. According to one of them there are three stages of love. Lust, Attraction and Attachement.
Lust drives us to search for a mate, attraction helps us to focus our attention on a suitable partner and attachment ensures that the partners stay together to rear young.
Studies of what happens in the brain when shown the sight of an attractive face, it stimulates the pleasure centre of the brain. As people fall in love the brain releases a chemical similar to amphetamine, explaining the rush of excitement, increased heart rate, loss of appetite and poor sleep.
The rush of emotion of meeting a new partner in the first feww weeks are months do not normally last. Research suggests that the attraction stage last 18 months to 3 years. After that time staying together means forming a bunding attachement based on shared interests, friendship and commitment.
The suggestion is that after 3 years any child from the relationship is sufficiently biologically secure for th couple to part and start again.

_Ju_
24-Feb-07, 13:14
I just believe in sight.

lorraine_2406
24-Feb-07, 21:37

sweetpea
25-Feb-07, 00:09
There are many theories on falling in love. According to one of them there are three stages of love. Lust, Attraction and Attachement.
Lust drives us to search for a mate,

It's interesting to explore the consequences if they are terminated at any stage without following through.

blondscot
25-Feb-07, 14:12
having been married before and had long term relationships which failed i didna really believe in this love thing what i thought of as love was not! I meet a guy while working in a pub at nights and was instantly attracted to him we arranged a date eventually and i knew on that first date what love was!! You have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince but boy is it worth it when you find him !!! We celebrate our first wedding anniversary next weekend and i know that i could not be without him so maybe not love at first sight but at first date although the attraction was there at first sight!!

Kaishowing
25-Feb-07, 14:20
First time I met my wife, I fell into her eyes, and I'm still falling.
Love at first sight? For me yes.

The cynics among you are now free to throw up.