PDA

View Full Version : the body shop in caithness!

brandy
21-Feb-07, 10:37
woohooo.. the body shop is coming to caithness!
if you look in the courier this morning in the want ads.. theres an advert for staff ..
it reads
THE BODY SHOP
recruiting in caithness
Today (wed) 21st feb
11-4 pm
for an info pack and /or a meeting with or managers
please call 01343813558
or come to the job center plus
wick

i hve to admit i love the body shop!
wonder where its gonna go?

newpark
21-Feb-07, 10:41
Hi Brandy,

Is this not for reps for thier parties? You know like Avon and Ann Summers?

brandy
21-Feb-07, 12:55
awwwww.. and there i was getting all excited *grrr*

Rheghead
21-Feb-07, 12:58
awwwww.. and there i was getting all excited *grrr*

If you love the products brandy, why not give them a ring for an interview, it could be good to work from home?:confused

brandy
21-Feb-07, 12:59
nahh i like to buy them too much!

Rheghead
21-Feb-07, 13:03

Just think of all the freebies and trial products you could try out though!:p

Angela
21-Feb-07, 13:03

Think of the free samples though :D

nicnak
21-Feb-07, 13:19
I have rang the number today and it is definately for work from home, just glad I didnt trail into Wick for the recruitment and I must say I think alot of othr folk will be annoyed as the advertising is misleading - if they want party planners they should state this not make it look as though its for retail staff.
I for one am very disappointed in Body Shops advertising stategy!

wifie
22-Feb-07, 19:14
I agree this advert is very misleading for someone who hopes to get a job working with products they enjoy. If you are online anyway drop them an e-mail and tell them your gripe! Things can only change if they know they are getting it wrong. Just checked out their website and although they are part of the L'Oreal group they apparently work independantly and if they care so much about everything, as they say, then they may just listen to you. Give it a go. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

nicnak
22-Feb-07, 20:01
just to let you know I have done exactly that and will let you know the outcome if it ever comes.!

nicnak
24-Feb-07, 18:22
Well guys like I said I emailed bodyshop and below is their reply all I can say is are they stupid or what?

"Good Morning

I am the Regional Manager for The Body Shop At Home in Scotland and your letter was passed to me from the National Care Centre.

I am sorry you feel you were misled by the advert but as we at The Body Shop At Home are a direct link with The Body Shop International we use the same logo, as we are one big world wide company as you probably know.

You stated in your letter that The Body Shop is one of your favourite stores and that is EXACTLY the reason we felt there was a need for Direct Sellers within this area, as there are so many people in remote areas like yourself where The Body Shop At Home would be the perfect solution to fulfilling the need for products and delivered straight to your hosts home.

I would love to have the chance to talk to you personally and explain why this opportunity could be perfect for someone like yourself who loves the products.

As a Host with The Body Shop At Home you can have:

: Up to £50 FREE products of your choice
: A pamper session
: The opportunity of half price shopping
: More FREE products when your friends/family book their own party

As a Consultant you would earn minimum 25 % commission on all sales generated on the night and some other wonderful benefits that could be explained to you. In the Highland and Islands the average party sales are between £260- £320 so as you can see 25% of this would be a great earning opportunity

I myself made a 570 mile round trip to travel all the way up to Wick and felt it very worthwhile as we did highlight the earning opportunity to many ladies who did come along to chat to us.

As The Body Shop we are the 4th most recognised brand in the world and to be part of this wonderful company would be a fabulous earning opportunity.

I have been working as a direct seller with The Body Shop for 12 years and it has totally transformed my life. I started off doing a few parties with my friends and family and it grew from there and I now have a £3 MILLION + business -- so as you can see there is much more earning opportunities than working in store. Having said that the biggest majority of our Consultants do this as an extra job or as a hobby.

I do sincerely hope we can have a chat Nicole as you seem to be a very passionate lady and obviously love the products. This e-mail could possibly be the start of something big for you.

I have attached a picture of our Starter Kit and some information for you to browse though. If you would like to me post you any further information and a copy of our catalogue then please feel free to contact me

I look forward to hearing from you

Yours Sincerely

Wilma Comiskey

Regional Manager

The Body Shop At Home in Scotland"

Oh and have a look at this off their web page - its no wonder she wanted to make the 570 mile round trip is it?????
income fast track manager

Just by passing two names from every party you hold you could enjoy a higher level of income. For example a fast track manager with:

5 personal recruits at 8% gives an average monthly income of £490
2 Indirect recruits at 5% gives an average monthly income of £123
Managers income on personal sales of £1600 (3 parties a week) is now 35%
Total monthly income £1160

Fast track manager income is representative of recruited members holding two parties a week at the National average party order value.

sweetpea
24-Feb-07, 23:45
I agree the ad was misleading, have to look at a lot of ads in my work and we were fooled but forget that because if your really like the products and want to make money there is money to be had in both body shop and oriflame if you have a business head. Used to sell body shop years ago and I made a good bit from it.

The_man_from_del_monte
25-Feb-07, 00:24
At the end of the day, once your hair falls out and your skin resembles that of the hide of an elephant you'll realise that the "body shop" sells nothing more than snake oil.... none of this rubbish works, a good block of industrial grade soap is all you need in your bathroom / period. (you'll still have the complexion of a wizzened walnut but will be clean and have saved yourself a lot of money) Unfortunately we all get old and die, nothing the "body shop" sells will alter that fact.

sweetpea
25-Feb-07, 00:30
At the end of the day, once your hair falls out and your skin resembles that of the hide of an elephant you'll realise that the "body shop" sells nothing more than snake oil.... none of this rubbish works, a good block of industrial grade soap is all you need in your bathroom / period. (you'll still have the complexion of a wizzened walnut but will be clean and have saved yourself a lot of money)
That's not true. Beauty is within the eye of the beholder and if you count yourself first then you can admire yourself and improve the bits you don't like so they don't bother you, thats what you need if you feel like a wizened walnut like you do you.mfd

The_man_from_del_monte
25-Feb-07, 00:50
That's not true. Beauty is within the eye of the beholder and if you count yourself first then you can admire yourself and improve the bits you don't like so they don't bother you, thats what you need if you feel like a wizened walnut like you do you.mfd

I didn't explain myself properly, my apologies, whether you use an expensive concoction of lotions or potions or a bar of cheap soap you'll end up the same wizzened old prune and, for sure, you'll die. I love every part of my body and nothing bothers me be they wrinkles, varicose veins, hair loss..... all part of the ageing process and the body shop are out to "make" me feel inferior and buy into their products........... noooooo way, I don't buy into snake oil I'm happy to get old and wrinkled without worrying about it and paying snake oil vendors along the way.

sweetpea
25-Feb-07, 00:54
what could be nicer than some scented oil sliding all over your soap dried skin. It doesn't claim to make you look younger but nice things like that can make you feel younger.

The_man_from_del_monte
25-Feb-07, 01:07
what could be nicer than some scented oil sliding all over your soap dried skin.

A doner kebab sliding down my gullet.

sweetpea
25-Feb-07, 01:08
A doner kebab.
your kinky

The_man_from_del_monte
25-Feb-07, 01:14
your kinky

Not so much kinky more hungry.

brandy
25-Feb-07, 10:02
hmm well i have to disagree..a good lotion is worth its weight in gold.. and this is from experiance.
my poor granny's hands and feet would crack and bleed from the dryness.. her skin was so fragile.
i would rub lotion into her every night, and it made her so much more comfy... i pumace my feet and rub them down with lotion when i have a need as being diabetic.. well you feet crack.. and that just hurts!
i have started using cream on my face.. as it is starting to dry out, from the cold air outside and dry heat in the house.
so yup it does have its good uses..
you wouldnt use soap on a baby's skin.
ive had so many dif. creams you couldnt shake a stick at for them!
with their exzema when they were tiny.. they were in misery!