PDA

View Full Version : 'Extreme' Otters in Thurso River

the charlatans
20-Feb-07, 22:32
I was delighted to watch 3 otters 'riding the flows' at the mouth of Thurso River on Saturday afternoon. Mummy otter was showing her 2 bairns how to fish and play. It fair made my day.

North Rhins
20-Feb-07, 23:05
That must have been a fantastic experience. I have never been lucky enough to see Otters in the wild. I think they an absolutely fascinating creature. I have found spraint on rocks on one of our local beaches down here in the south west and a neighbour has actually seen them in the surf. Trouble is when I go down I usually have three border terrier in tow, so I’m not going to see a lot with them around. :D

nicnak
21-Feb-07, 11:01
I too saw the otters a couple of weeks ago and was mesmerised. My only wish was that I had my camera with me. But it was still a beauty to behold and comes second to the time I stopped on the Gillock road for a fox, she didnt move so I switched off the car engine and was extremely lucky to see her three cubs come out of the hedge and start playing around the car. If I hadnt of had the kids in with me I am sure no one would have believed what we saw.
Sometimes I dont think we realise how lucky we are lliving in a truly wonderful area.

emszxr
21-Feb-07, 12:16
we have otters down at the burn at front of house. when we first moved in i opened the front door to an otter in the garden, it was lovely. its the great thing of living in the countryside.
i seen the otters at the river a few years ago now. sat and watched them play for ages.