PDA

View Full Version : Wellies an' a' that.

susie
21-Jan-14, 05:24
What do you consider to be the best wellies and waterproofs for working and wet dog walking?
I used to wear Bullseye until I realised that they were crippling me- so cold and so heavy to wear. Now it's Dunlop Purofort, they are lighter and last a while but still cold. On the waterproof front, I use Flexothane but find them severely lacking- small hood, small pockets, wick water up sleeves and hem, rubbish zip, pants last no time as they wear on the inside knee seam. I have tried others off the internet but descriptions are often poor. It would be good to know what your favourites are and why. Also which brands you dislike. Toodlepip.

Southern-Gal
21-Jan-14, 09:04
Muck boots are the warmest and by far the most comfortable.
I wear flexothane pants and love them, dont know why yours wear at the knee as mine dont and I ride in them too.
Mountain Horse coat for me at the moment and I love it but also like Musto coats too.

susie
21-Jan-14, 09:31
Thanks, I've seen Muck boots and wondered what they would be like. Next time I buy a new pair of wellies I'll give them a try. I was thinking about my Flexothane pants and I suppose I'm being unfair as I wear them all day and every day doing all my work. They seemed to last longer in the olden days. Maybe I just had rose coloured specs on?
I appreciate your response
Susie

Mrs Bradey
21-Jan-14, 10:15
Muck boots are the warmest and by far the most comfortable. I wear flexothane pants and love them, dont know why yours wear at the knee as mine dont and I ride in them too.Mountain Horse coat for me at the moment and I love it but also like Musto coats too.I would second that! Mucboots flexathane = perfect combo!

Southern-Gal
21-Jan-14, 11:04
I will admit I am a titchy bit bow legged :)

Kevin Milkins
21-Jan-14, 11:49
Coincidently, I was just having a look at my Facebook page and a friend of mine has just posted a sale of such a product.

bestinthecountry.co.uk added 19 new photos to the album Your Favourite Muckboots - For Less.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/s843x403/1011798_574568795967358_718164650_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/12365_574571532633751_1117392343_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/1511558_574569852633919_1721909463_n.jpg

susie
21-Jan-14, 12:41
Hey, thanks to you all. I might not even wait until these wellies run out. I'm so pleased that I asked. Cheers.

orkneycadian
21-Jan-14, 21:24
From the pictures on the internet those "Muck Boots" look a bit light duty for working in, and certainly when compared to Dunlop Thermos.

ducati
21-Jan-14, 21:45
You couldn't beat my old Dunlop trials wellies with steel toecap. They fell to bits after I had them for thirty years and I got them second hand. :lol:

I wonder if they still make them? (not enough to google though) [lol]

susie
26-Jan-14, 18:55
Many years back I used to always buy Argyll wellies. They changed them into horrible floppy legged things and I had to chuck the final pair away. I looked at the Muckboots, I'm not sure if I could wear them all day, all winter etc footwear has to be as right as possible during winter and particularly at calving and lambing time.