PDA

View Full Version : What do you think......?

Alice in Blunderland
20-Feb-07, 19:45
What do you think?

Widely discussed today on the television....

Should children have the right to take on their parents council house after their death?

In todays climate of housing shortages is this right or wrong? :confused

cuddlepop
20-Feb-07, 21:08
Depends on the individual's circumstances.
It does seem strange that some council's leave a single person in a three bedroom when they seem in short supply.
How would you feel though if you'd lived for forty years in your home and your mother died and were asked to move to a one bedroom flat(if they were any),rather peeded off I think.Know I would be.
There's not eneogh housing to go around,thats the real issue,methinks:eek:

Buttercup
20-Feb-07, 21:08
What do you think?

Widely discussed today on the television....

Should children have the right to take on their parents council house after their death?

In todays climate of housing shortages is this right or wrong? :confused

If they've been living full time/long term with the parent and can prove it, I don't see why not. But, I don't think they should be allowed to simply move in when they're already in other accommodation.

Buttercup
20-Feb-07, 21:13
Depends on the individual's circumstances.
It does seem strange that some council's leave a single person in a three bedroom when they seem in short supply.
How would you feel though if you'd lived for forty years in your home and your mother died and were asked to move to a one bedroom flat(if they were any),rather peeded off I think.Know I would be.
There's not eneogh housing to go around,thats the real issue,methinks:eek:

If they're paying the full rent and council tax I would have no objections, but if they are getting benifits to pay these for them I think the council should rehouse them more suitably. Why should others pay for them to stay in a large house if they don't need it?

cliffhbuber
20-Feb-07, 21:18
What would be the approximate % of those living in Caithness who own their own home? (semis, condos, etc. included)

To what would a housing shortage be attributed?

Curious Cliff