PDA

View Full Version : Highland Council power project failure

concerned resident
09-Jan-14, 19:43
Highland Council power project failure, loss of 11.5 Million, i thought that was the job of HIE, its only Tax payers money anyway.

fatmaggie9
10-Jan-14, 13:01
Note in todays Press ex Chair person SMITH is desperately trying to wriggle out of his involvement in the fiasco!
Its the usual 'it wisnae me, it was the big boys on Highland Council'! They were also to blame plus numerous others.
They were all completely 'out of their depth' as usual & others picked up the 'handouts' - nothing new for up here eh!

mackay5255
10-Jan-14, 14:21
Population of Wick: 7,333 (last census). So that is a £1,540 cost to every man, woman and child in Wick. Or, using Highland Council figures, there are around 3,500 homes in Wick paying Council Tax. So that is £3,228 of every household's Council Tax burned on this failure. Statistics on Councillor Smith's largesse are currently unavailable.

dozy
10-Jan-14, 15:04
G Smith "I told you "

Mik.M.
10-Jan-14, 18:16
Someone somewhere must have got a real good backhander for this ;).

smithp
10-Jan-14, 22:23
Population of Wick: 7,333 (last census). So that is a £1,540 cost to every man, woman and child in Wick. Or, using Highland Council figures, there are around 3,500 homes in Wick paying Council Tax. So that is £3,228 of every household's Council Tax burned on this failure. Statistics on Councillor Smith's largesse are currently unavailable.

You failed to offset the value of the abandoned building - so that's £3,227.95 per household. I hope everyone feels better now!

Big Gaz
10-Jan-14, 23:52
You failed to offset the value of the abandoned building - so that's £3,227.95 per household. I hope everyone feels better now!

With the state of Wick buildings at the moment then surely you mean -£3,227.95

concerned resident
11-Jan-14, 09:54
Does the word accountability mean nothing to Highland Council, I expect they will all be asking for a pay increase next week. they are not really value, for the money i pay every month.

alistair harper
11-Jan-14, 10:38
Highland Council power project failure, loss of 11.5 Million.

They complain they dont have enough money to fix the roads or provide a place for kids to enjoy themselves. but watch the next time you are late paying your council tax they will be on you like flys on a candy bar. that money could have been spent a lot better.

yes it would have been good if it worked but look at the cost of failure.

Big Gaz
11-Jan-14, 11:07
Thing that puzzles me is if the system didn't work, then why have they built another new plant in the same building to do the same job?

RagnarRocks
11-Jan-14, 11:09
I'd much rather have £3k in my bank account than having it wasted by incompetent idiots and their grandiose schemes. With the money they wasted it would of been cheaper to just pay everyone in Wicks heating bills and still have change left

Big Gaz
11-Jan-14, 11:22
I heard there was also a lot of users who couldn't be bothered paying and the council couldn't be bothered chasing them for the cash. anyone know if this is true?

ducati
11-Jan-14, 11:31
As a rule of thumb, any renewable energy is more expensive than conventional, so why did the peeps that wanted this set up not understand the cost? This is presumably why it failed? Or did the good denizens of Pultney not fancy paying over the odds for their heating? (Not very public spirited of them.)

samanthaflax02
21-Mar-14, 08:47
Yes, I am also puzzled about if the system didn't work, then why have they built another new plant in the same building.

2little2late
22-Mar-14, 12:53
Yes, I am also puzzled about if the system didn't work, then why have they built another new plant in the same building.

It is now in the hands of this company. http://www.ignis-energy.com/projects/ Let's hope that The Highland council aren't involved in any way though.