PDA

View Full Version : Peeppeep

Rheghead
19-Feb-07, 20:21
OK all you orgers who are annoyed at our county's bad drivers, here is your chance to name and shame them. It was on Reporting Scotland tonight. How many times have we seen a rant re bad driving on the Org. Come on, spill the beans, no holds barred, make our roads SAFER!!

http://www.peeppeep.co.uk

mums angels
19-Feb-07, 20:32
I'm a terrible driver, i've reversed into my neighbours car, a concerte flower bed, driven in to my wheelie bin and my garage door that now has a nice curve in it and then i skidded in the snow and landed on the roof of my car all within 4 years of passing my test , i truly am ashamed :~( i have got better though, or at least i think i have and i now have parking sensors and don't drive in the snow....So sorry to anyone whos been affected by my driving at anytime :D

danc1ngwitch
19-Feb-07, 20:53
i was pointed at in co op car park other week by a man an his wife giggled, i was about to skoot inta his parkin place.:roll: It was a mistake, i tell u... If u are on da org :im sorry:[lol]

lab
19-Feb-07, 21:57
I hate people who park at the clydesdale bank cash point. and I hate it even more when the traffic warden stands and watches them

mums angels
19-Feb-07, 23:11
I hate people who park at the clydesdale bank cash point. and I hate it even more when the traffic warden stands and watches them

Is that the one in Thurso? Sorry if it is , i'm guilty!!!:( traffic warden never does anything if your engine is still running , technically your no parked (or so i was told but have noticed hes never said anything to me:) )

Buttercup
19-Feb-07, 23:23
Is that the one in Thurso? Sorry if it is , i'm guilty!!!traffic warden never does anything if your engine is still running , technically your no parked (or so i was told but have noticed hes never said anything to me)
Is it not an offence to leave your car with the engine running when your not behind the wheel? ;)

gollach
19-Feb-07, 23:27
Is it not an offence to leave your car with the engine running when your not behind the wheel? ;)

I think that you're right in saying that you can be done for that. I'm sure I read somewhere that you're not meant to leave your car running on a frosty morning to defrost the windows. I know that's bad for the environment (and I have been guilty of this in the past) but the legal reason has something to do with not being in control of the vehicle.

Maybe someone can confirm?

Alice in Blunderland
19-Feb-07, 23:44
I would consider myself not too bad a driver ...however I can confess to one day some time ago having a wee lapse of concentration.

My ex husband and his mate both sat one afternoon polishing their new motorbikes (they had just purchased) in the drive at the side of the house. I was having a bad morning trying to organise the kids, get tidied up and generally run round like a headless chicken whilst all my ex and his mate could do was polish their new clean motorbikes

Anyway to cut a long story short I had a bouncy castle in the back of my car which I needed to return to its owner and this obscured most of the rear window. Finding a momment I decided to jump in the car and nip off to return said castle. Sticking the car in reverse to move away from the house imagine my surprise when I hear a bang and the car goes up and over something......yes youve guessed it, husbands mate took his motorbike out the drive having spent ages polishing it and set it behind my car , yes I never looked in my rearview mirror to see a lovely shinning bike behind (now under) my car.
The look on that guys face will never leave me if looks could kill oh boy. I picked up a broken piece of his mudgaurd and humbly muttered sorry but ohhhhh I dont know who was madder my husband or his mate.

Taught me always to look in my rearview mirror as I had to fork out for the damage to the bike.....and honestly I didnt see it .....No it wasnt revenge for their selfishness in not helping me with the kids in the morning ;)

Torvaig
20-Feb-07, 00:00

It most certainly is!

Wee Monkee
20-Feb-07, 00:09
[/quote]Maybe someone can confirm?

I can definetly confirm that it would be breaking the law if you were to leave a vehicle with the engine still running. I have it on very good authority!:D

North Rhins
20-Feb-07, 00:25
If there is a person sat in the front passenger seat who is the holder of a full driving licence for that class of vehicle then there is no offence committed. However is there isn’t and you leave the vehicle with the engine running then it is called ‘Quitting a motor vehicle.’ It was contrary to The Motor Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1973 Regulation 13. I don’t know what regulations there are now. Rear end retentive or what? :lol:

cat
20-Feb-07, 12:09
this isn't bad driving it's just annoying!! i live at newton and i know when i drive to work in the morning i have to give way to vehicles coming up the hill but when they are slow driving retired wifies taking their dogs to the nature walk then its a bit annoying!!!
and what is the crack wi the zebra crossings? too close to junction and if its for the high school lot well they dina walk that way,never have and never will!!!
well that wiz a right moan for my first post!!!:lol: :lol:

rockchick
20-Feb-07, 13:51
I would consider myself not too bad a driver ...however I can confess to one day some time ago having a wee lapse of concentration.

My ex husband and his mate both sat one afternoon polishing their new motorbikes (they had just purchased) in the drive at the side of the house. I was having a bad morning trying to organise the kids, get tidied up and generally run round like a headless chicken whilst all my ex and his mate could do was polish their new clean motorbikes

Anyway to cut a long story short I had a bouncy castle in the back of my car which I needed to return to its owner and this obscured most of the rear window. Finding a momment I decided to jump in the car and nip off to return said castle. Sticking the car in reverse to move away from the house imagine my surprise when I hear a bang and the car goes up and over something......yes youve guessed it, husbands mate took his motorbike out the drive having spent ages polishing it and set it behind my car , yes I never looked in my rearview mirror to see a lovely shinning bike behind (now under) my car.
The look on that guys face will never leave me if looks could kill oh boy. I picked up a broken piece of his mudgaurd and humbly muttered sorry but ohhhhh I dont know who was madder my husband or his mate.

Taught me always to look in my rearview mirror as I had to fork out for the damage to the bike.....and honestly I didnt see it .....No it wasnt revenge for their selfishness in not helping me with the kids in the morning ;)

I'm sure they can laugh about it now...well, maybe not.

If hubby brings this up again, just point out he's lucky it wasn't him (or his mate) under the car...or, god forbid, one of the bairns!

mums angels
20-Feb-07, 13:52

Oopps i never knew that, i do it alot , i will now remember to switch off the car (i have seen policemen i know do it though tut tut ..lol). Problem is that thres alot out there that is counted as an offence that most people have no idea about.

now your not allowed to be on phone, eat or drink juice etc whilst driving , so is there a law to say that your not supposed to smoke whilst driving ???? I see that happen all the time and i've always wandered !!!

Alice in Blunderland
20-Feb-07, 16:30
I'm sure they can laugh about it now...well, maybe not.

If hubby brings this up again, just point out he's lucky it wasn't him (or his mate) under the car...or, god forbid, one of the bairns!

Well whether they can laugh about it now or not I will never know as.....hes no longer the hubby :lol: but when I look back on it, its hilarious to remember.

badger
20-Feb-07, 16:38
When I got out of my car in the Wick Co-op car park the other day I noticed the engine of the car next to me was running but I couldn't see anyone in it. Then noticed there was a baby asleep in its carseat. I was quite shocked but am afraid I didn't do anything and when I came out again it was gone so it wasn't there long. Seem to remember a thread a while ago about leaving children in cars but I've never seen one with the engine actually running before. What would you have done?

scorrie
20-Feb-07, 17:58
Colin Montgomerie, US Open Final Round 18th Hole. Absolutely Shocking!!

dozerboy
21-Feb-07, 13:45
Colin Montgomerie, US Open Final Round 18th Hole. Absolutely Shocking!!

LOL - scorrie

johno
21-Feb-07, 14:33
When I got out of my car in the Wick Co-op car park the other day I noticed the engine of the car next to me was running but I couldn't see anyone in it. Then noticed there was a baby asleep in its carseat. I was quite shocked but am afraid I didn't do anything and when I came out again it was gone so it wasn't there long. Seem to remember a thread a while ago about leaving children in cars but I've never seen one with the engine actually running before. What would you have done?
that was a rediculous situation,not only is illegal to leave a vehicle unattended on the highway with it,s engine running ,but to do that with an infant in it is just unbelievable. thats really an open invitation for car theft. i dont think to many crooks would look to see an infant in the back.?????
think i would take more care with any infant of our.s. [disgust]