PDA

View Full Version : Unfurnished rentals in Thurso?

ett23
19-Feb-07, 17:56
I'm just wondering if anyone knows of an unfurnished house/flat for rent in Thurso - about 2/3 bedrooms. I will consider anything. We're having trouble finding property to let without furniture in Thurso, so if anyone knows of any - please let me know. Thanks!

Bill Fernie
20-Feb-07, 03:41
I think you will find that it is very diffficult to find unfurnished private property to rent anywhere for a whole host of reasons.

Mainly only Social Housing landlords let unfirnished and this included the council and landlords such as Pentland Housing, Albyn and so on.

Higher profits for renting furnished and apparently more people looking for furnished propeorty in the private sector.

I think most ads in the main towns I have seen on this web site are for furnished properties to rent. Any unfirnished property for rent tends to be much further out if it is available at all.

ett23
20-Feb-07, 09:45
Thanks for the reply Bill. If you do happen to see any ads up for unfurnished lets in Thurso then feel free to let me know. For now we've just gotta keep looking!:roll:

Scaraben1976
20-Feb-07, 09:50
I could be wrong here aswell, but isn;t htere also some proviso in Scottish law that it is easier to get someone thrown out of furnished rented, than it is unfurnished?

This porobably doesn't happen up here, but I can see some naughty landlords in the cities using this ploy to thier advantage.

kevmacleod
21-Feb-07, 08:59
I'm just wondering if anyone knows of an unfurnished house/flat for rent in Thurso - about 2/3 bedrooms. I will consider anything. We're having trouble finding property to let without furniture in Thurso, so if anyone knows of any - please let me know. Thanks!

I have a property for rent unfurnished in Thurso, 3 bedroom bungalow at West Gills, give me a shout on 07789965369.