PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust

mi16
03-Jan-14, 00:30
Another thread disappears mysteriously from the orgIt's becoming like the Bermuda Triangle

donnick
03-Jan-14, 01:10
and it looks like certain threads are being silenced ...........

mi16
03-Jan-14, 01:16
Less censorship in north korea

squidge
03-Jan-14, 01:31
Are you surprised that the admin have had enough of the mud slinging, name calling, insults and personal vendettas that were being played out? Surely you have been around long enough to expect the threads to be closed? Imjust surprised they are still there ... i would have thought they would have been completely deleted.

m.i.sinclair
03-Jan-14, 01:33
And I received a 3 point infraction for starting one of the threads. To avoid any further such misdemeanours can someone point me to the list of topics which are not to be discussed ?

squidge
03-Jan-14, 02:10
Probably best re read the forum rules and the terms and conditions too m.i.sinclair :)

m.i.sinclair
03-Jan-14, 03:52
Probably best re read the forum rules and the terms and conditions too m.i.sinclair

Been through all of that but can't find the bit which says you can pass comments on stolen pigs but not on stolen horses.

Alrock
03-Jan-14, 06:53
Been through all of that but can't find the bit which says you can pass comments on stolen pigs but not on stolen horses.

Bit like the difference between eating pigs & eating horses.... One's socially acceptable the other isn't.

ducati
03-Jan-14, 08:25

Don't call anyone a nutter, certainly don't name well known local nutters, don't call yourself a nutter in spanish and above all else, don't use your own name to call everyone else a nutter. That about covers all the themes we ever get on here. :lol:

Oh yes I forgot. Under no circumstances start a thread praising Maggie Thatcher. (THEY come round to your house and issue the infarction personally):eek:

RagnarRocks
03-Jan-14, 10:02
I think you'll find most of its covered by racism,libel & slander laws etc, quite sensibly bill has stopped threads which could possibly lead the forum being dragged through the mud by potential litigation from a disgruntled person. So I suggest remembering that you have freedom of speech but also have the laws of the land which can be used should you transgress them.

mi16
03-Jan-14, 10:15
Horse meat is tastyShame it is not so easily available anymore

Mrs Bradey
03-Jan-14, 11:01
And I received a 3 point infraction for starting one of the threads. To avoid any further such misdemeanours can someone point me to the list of topics which are not to be discussed ? as far as I can see, you haven't yet started a thread. you must have committed some other o(rg)ffence. ironically 2014 is the Chinese year of the horse! no horses here, no sir, no horses.

jacko
03-Jan-14, 11:11
And I received a 3 point infraction for starting one of the threads. To avoid any further such misdemeanours can someone point me to the list of topics which are not to be discussed ?

i received a 3 point infraction for posting spam??? can someone tell me please what the heck is spam, other than the stuff you make a sandwich with???????????????????.

mi16
03-Jan-14, 12:31
as far as I can see, you haven't yet started a thread. you must have committed some other o(rg)ffence. ironically 2014 is the Chinese year of the horse! no horses here, no sir, no horses.DuhDisappearing threads!!!

Mrs Bradey
03-Jan-14, 13:41
DuhDisappearing threads!!! riiiggghht! derr!

mi16
03-Jan-14, 14:03
Mud slinging, name calling or litigation attracting we're not cited by the mods as being a reason for closure.It simply said they had run their courseTherefore it stands to reason that the mods have an agenda as to what can and cannot be discussed on the forum

Bobinovich
03-Jan-14, 14:07
Just want to point out that there is a difference between moderators and admin - these were admin decisions. Just sayin'

squidge
03-Jan-14, 14:33
Mud slinging, name calling or litigation attracting we're not cited by the mods as being a reason for closure.It simply said they had run their courseTherefore it stands to reason that the mods have an agenda as to what can and cannot be discussed on the forumThe original point of all the threads had disappeared behind the mud slinging name calling score settling personal insults which had no bearing on the original subject.... Thus the original discussion had run its course simply leaving the thread for people to compete to be the poster of the bitchiest nastiest comments. Both the rules and the terms and conditions which we all agree to - particularly those who joined recently - allow for the admin to pull threads like that. Its been a lot of years since I was involved in moderating this board but I was surprised it took so long!!!!

Mrs Bradey
03-Jan-14, 15:27
The original point of all the threads had disappeared behind the mud slinging name calling score settling personal insults which had no bearing on the original subject.... the same could be said for hundreds of other threads that remain open!

squidge
03-Jan-14, 15:40
Thats not for me to decide.... Thank goodness, but there is a difference between slagging a persona views or opinions or posts and just slagging the person. Especially when the slagging is about a person identified by name and where they live, what they do ..... Most of us use pseudonyms on here for a variety of different reasons but it is different someone saying "squidge is a mad woman and her family are just as bad" from saying "(real name) of (real address)is a mad woman and her husband(insert real name) and family (insert real names) are just as bad" I am happy to trade real life information with people on this forum that I choose, but I would be really angry if someone else did that for me. Surely to goodness you can see that? The forum is not the place for a few individuals to play out their personal campaign against another person ..... Whoever they are.

m.i.sinclair
03-Jan-14, 16:46
Just want to point out that there is a difference between moderators and admin - these were admin decisions. Just sayin'

The closing of the new thread was a decision by a Moderator, not Admin...it said so in the email I got.

mi16
03-Jan-14, 16:49
Thats not for me to decide.... Thank goodness, but there is a difference between slagging a persona views or opinions or posts and just slagging the person. Especially when the slagging is about a person identified by name and where they live, what they do ..... Most of us use pseudonyms on here for a variety of different reasons but it is different someone saying "squidge is a mad woman and her family are just as bad" from saying "(real name) of (real address)is a mad woman and her husband(insert real name) and family (insert real names) are just as bad" I am happy to trade real life information with people on this forum that I choose, but I would be really angry if someone else did that for me. Surely to goodness you can see that? The forum is not the place for a few individuals to play out their personal campaign against another person ..... Whoever they are. I see Funny how threads rejoicing in the death of some are acceptable then

billmoseley
03-Jan-14, 17:28
I can,t believe are still wasting so much time on a few dead threads that were so past their sell by dates. On-wards my friends head long into 2014.

Oddquine
03-Jan-14, 18:27
I see Funny how threads rejoicing in the death of some are acceptable then

But a dead person can't sue for libel, slander or whatever.

mi16
03-Jan-14, 19:02
But a dead person can't sue for libel, slander or whatever.That was never cited as a reason for closure

RagnarRocks
04-Jan-14, 04:08
And indeed another one did bite the dust .(Sock Puppet of Troll) I did find that bit quite amusing nice to see the mods have a sense of humour

mi16
04-Jan-14, 09:42
Who got binned?

Big Gaz
04-Jan-14, 10:15
[QUOTE=mi16;1063023]Who got binned?[/QUOTE

Look at post 21, i really can't bring myself to say the name...

RagnarRocks
04-Jan-14, 10:28
Quelle Surprise doesn't seem fitting as it wasn't a surprise.

orkneycadian
04-Jan-14, 10:30
Who got binned?

That mi whatshis/hername chiel....

mi16
04-Jan-14, 10:33
Oh dear what a shameWill no doubt be back in a different guise

Big Gaz
04-Jan-14, 10:48
chiel....???

:eek:....nah......surely not? ach ah dunnet...oh hold on, not that one either! and what happened to SiS? see he hasn't been back since the banhammer whacked him...or has he :cool:. Sigh...IP addresses used to be useful but nowadays a proxy server is a tool abused by trolls and other halfwits.

mi16
04-Jan-14, 11:06
Did SIS get a banning?What did he/she do to deserve that?Was a long time poster on here

Big Gaz
04-Jan-14, 11:27
Did SIS get a banning?What did he/she do to deserve that?Was a long time poster on here

Aye, sometime ago now. Around about October last year it was i think but no idea why.

cptdodger
04-Jan-14, 16:06
Aye, sometime ago now. Around about October last year it was i think but no idea why.

I wondered that myself, the last thread he was on was about jobs in Scotland, I have gone over that thread, and there was nothing there (in my opinion) that would have warranted a suspension.

golach
04-Jan-14, 16:53
I wondered that myself, the last thread he was on was about jobs in Scotland, I have gone over that thread, and there was nothing there (in my opinion) that would have warranted a suspension.He has only had a suspension , not banned, he will be back hopefully.

linnie612
04-Jan-14, 16:59
I wondered that myself, the last thread he was on was about jobs in Scotland, I have gone over that thread, and there was nothing there (in my opinion) that would have warranted a suspension.

No doubt if he posted something particularly bad, that would have been removed along with the gentleman in question. ;)

RagnarRocks
04-Jan-14, 18:39
No doubt if he posted something particularly bad, that would have been removed along with the gentleman in question. ;)I hope you're not suggesting there is an org sanctioned hit squad prowling Caithness :0))

cptdodger
04-Jan-14, 18:52
No doubt if he posted something particularly bad, that would have been removed along with the gentleman in question. ;) To be fair it did'nt appear anything had been removed, we were just talking about different pay scales for the same job within one business. Having said that, I did'nt read every thread he contributed to, so it could have been something else.

cptdodger
04-Jan-14, 18:55
I hope you're not suggesting there is an org sanctioned hit squad prowling Caithness :0)) Dear me if that's the case, I'm surprised I'm still here !!

linnie612
04-Jan-14, 19:01
I hope you're not suggesting there is an org sanctioned hit squad prowling Caithness :0))

You never know ....... :eek:

linnie612
04-Jan-14, 19:06
To be fair it did'nt appear anything had been removed, we were just talking about different pay scales for the same job within one business. Having said that, I did'nt read every thread he contributed to, so it could have been something else.

That's what I mean - anything posted that was ok, would have remained. There could have been a random posting on someone else's thread, or a new thread started and swiftly removed!

orkneycadian
05-Jan-14, 12:05
I hope you're not suggesting there is an org sanctioned hit squad prowling Caithness :0))

Nah, that would contravene the posters Human Rights and be a breach of the European Convention.

I can't imagine we would ever have a system where it is possible to get banned from a website without first having a fair trial and have free access to legal aid. Taking snap actions would simply be unacceptable as a means of justice these days. Heck, some poor innocent poster might get wrongly accused!

Fortunately, the European Convention looks after us all well.

RagnarRocks
05-Jan-14, 15:25
Nah, that would contravene the posters Human Rights and be a breach of the European Convention. I can't imagine we would ever have a system where it is possible to get banned from a website without first having a fair trial and have free access to legal aid. Taking snap actions would simply be unacceptable as a means of justice these days. Heck, some poor innocent poster might get wrongly accused!Fortunately, the European Convention looks after us all well.Just checked the org and there doesn't appear to be anyone by the name of Kim Il so you may have a point :0))

Big Gaz
05-Jan-14, 15:34
Just checked the org and there doesn't appear to be anyone by the name of Kim Il so you may have a point :0))

oooooooooohhh! just watch the slippery bit up ahead on that tightrope :D

RagnarRocks
05-Jan-14, 17:13
No names, no pack drill gaz

cesare
05-Jan-14, 17:51
this is what happens when you lock people who think they no all in a room they begin to bicker become arrogant and big headed all these troll wannabes need banned it would kill there day job which is the org...God save there pensions lmao cos the younger generations dont care//

Mrs Bradey
05-Jan-14, 18:08
this is what happens when you lock people who think they no all in a room they begin to bicker become arrogant and big headed all these troll wannabes need banned it would kill there day job which is the org...God save there pensions lmao cos the younger generations dont care//if only your post made sense

gleeber
05-Jan-14, 19:02
this is what happens when you lock people who think they no all in a room they begin to bicker become arrogant and big headed all these troll wannabes need banned it would kill there day job which is the org...God save there pensions lmao cos the younger generations dont care//
Well done that man. Straight from the heart.:lol:

orkneycadian
08-Aug-14, 22:59
Nah, that would contravene the posters Human Rights and be a breach of the European Convention.

I can't imagine we would ever have a system where it is possible to get banned from a website without first having a fair trial and have free access to legal aid. Taking snap actions would simply be unacceptable as a means of justice these days. Heck, some poor innocent poster might get wrongly accused!

Fortunately, the European Convention looks after us all well.

From the number of users that seemd to be getting banned due to being "sock puppets" these days, it seems that they indeed have no rights....

Whilst not being a sock puppeteer myself (I work on the basis that changing your rubber boot socks once a month is more than adequate, and in any case, there's enough to be going on with here with one account, let alone 10) I do wonder where having more than one account is in breach of this forums published Terms and Conditions and Forum Rules;

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?13581-Forum-Rules

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?1276-Terms-amp-Conditions
(http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?1276-Terms-amp-Conditions)
Is there not a requirement on the Site Admin to publish their rules, terms and conditions and only then abide by them?

Aside from that, some of the alleged sock puppeteers are actually the best craic on this site.... Their biggest crime is having a split personality - Something I believe you are not allowed to discriminate against....

orkneycadian
08-Aug-14, 23:31
And now Chook a Deemus gone as well.... :~(

This is soon going to become the "Does anyone know where I can get a knitting pattern for a fluffy bunny jumper" forum.

Its a sad day. :~(

Heisenberg
17-Aug-14, 14:49
It appears after posting a rather (in my opinion) offensive post in the referendum cake ingredients thread, big gaz has escaped being banned for one of the most offensive bad taste posts I've seen! Is this luck or favouritism?There are ex orgers ( on the other side) seething.

squidge
17-Aug-14, 14:58
The dark side Heisenberg?

Heisenberg
17-Aug-14, 15:04
The dark side Heisenberg? I could tell you where it is. But its been censored so I can't .

mi16
17-Aug-14, 15:45
It appears after posting a rather (in my opinion) offensive post in the referendum cake ingredients thread, big gaz has escaped being banned for one of the most offensive bad taste posts I've seen! Is this luck or favouritism?There are ex orgers ( on the other side) seething.

To be honest, the post in question warranted investigation from Police Scotland never mind sanctions from the site police.