PDA

View Full Version : Driveway stones/pebbles

Lindsay
18-Feb-07, 22:08
Hello to all,

I am looking for someone who may be able to point me in the direction of 2 tonnes of stones for my garden. I need stones which are usually about the same used for driveways, as I am lining my garden then, fingers crossed going to lay stones on it for a low maintaince garden. I do not drive so I am afraid it would have to be delivered. I checked out Homebase but they want 35 quid to deliver, which is just too much. Can anyone help or even point me in the right direction?

Thanks to you all
Lindsay

Billy Boy
18-Feb-07, 22:12
try holt drainage at scabster thurso,they have stone called melvich sharpe that look's very good and price good to:D

North Rhins
18-Feb-07, 22:22
Just a long shot but do you have a ready mix concrete firm near you? We have one down here that sells gravel direct to the public. I believe that their charges, including delivery, are a lot cheaper than Homebase/B&Q etc. Might be worth a phone call. Good luck.

Cinders392
18-Feb-07, 22:47
Do you not know anyone who drives and has a trailer? I did a couple of trips to the ruther quary at the back of watten for the stones for our drive and garage. The trips back and fore were probably the same in petrol costs as it would have cost for delivery. Depends where you live and how far. We have a trailer so many people have taken advantage of this fact. My uncle got sick of his mowing his lawn so he filled it with stones (front and back) which we got using my trailer and a few trips.
He never thought it through because now his garden is a giant cat litter tray!!! Instead of mowing the lawn he is constantly poop picking!
Bless
Good luck with the stones though

johno
18-Feb-07, 22:55
hi you didnt say where you are based but if you tried homebase [thats in wick] then you might try mackays at newton quarry.

Tristan
19-Feb-07, 08:34
Hendry's in Wick (at the top of bignold park)?
Thurso building supply?
Allan's of Gillock?

ellie-lou
19-Feb-07, 12:25
hi why not try thurso building supplies next to train station:)

parkie
19-Feb-07, 13:24
mckay,s newton and they deliver

compo
19-Feb-07, 15:08
try a&d sutherlands at spital quarry.

Lindsay
20-Feb-07, 10:41
Hi There,

Went round to Mackays at top of Bignold yesterday and got an excellent deal. Thank you very much to all those who helped.
Lindsay