PDA

View Full Version : Tree Surgeon

Rheghead
24-Mar-05, 16:20
Can anyone recommend a good tree surgeon? I have a large tree that has uprooted and is perilously leaning over the hoose..

iain
24-Mar-05, 23:31
I have a mate who is a qualified tree surgeon,do you want me to get in touch with him?

Rheghead
24-Mar-05, 23:34
No thanks, I have a mannie coming round tomorrow. Thanks anyway.

Rheghead
20-Apr-05, 12:41
Well, the tree is no longer leaning over the house, with those southern winds it has gone backthe other way.

There are no tree surgeons in Caithness so I will have to try further a field and pay the price. Kevin Owen was no good, he is only learning and was too frightened to take the job on. I think he should scrub out tree work in his remit as is advertised on caithness.org.

I just hope we don't get another blast of those northern winds...

Anyone got any suggestions?

dragonfly
20-Apr-05, 13:51
Davy Crowden from Papigoe is qualified I'm sure. He advertises in the dial-a-service section of courier and groat as The Saw Doctor

Rheghead
20-Apr-05, 14:12
I tried to call Davy Crowden and all I got was,

"The number that you have called is not available!"

I am thinking of tackling it myself, the tree is about 70 foot tall, a decent size pine?!

But I don't really want to... :( :confused

George Brims
20-Apr-05, 16:59
If it's really uprooted you had better get someone on it sooner rather than later. You don't have to wait long in Caithness for a strong wind. You'll have a grand lot of logs for the fire after that comes down. On the other hand, you don't want to have the firewood put itself inside the hoose.

If there's space for the tree to come down safely in the direction away from the house, you might think about pushing/pulling it over with a tractor (if the latter, make sure the ropeor chain is longer than the tree!).

However, I recall that a list of people becoming posthumous organ donors, headed by "Young motorcycle riders", included about position 8 or 9 "Amateur tree surgens". I was reminded of this rather forcibly a few months ago when I got hit in the face by a branch I had just trimmed.

Rheghead
20-Apr-05, 18:22
I have now got a tree surgeon to do the job. Thank you to all that have pmed me with suggestions