PDA

View Full Version : Hungry House advert

KILTIECAULDBUM
30-Dec-13, 00:24
Watched the Hungry house advert earlier boasting that even Astronauts in space were able to get a takeaway delivered by using their website. :eek: I went onto their site out of curiosity and entered my postcode. No surprises, they may be able to deliver to the moon, but not Caithness!!! Well it actually shows up that 2 businesses cover up here, but both of them are bogus? :confused Unbelievable, you think they would check their capabilities before airing an ad with such outrageous claims?? [lol]

m.i.sinclair
30-Dec-13, 10:21
Gosh, adverts which make outrageous claims...whatever next, the Pope proclaiming he's Catholic ?

billmoseley
30-Dec-13, 15:57
I thought he was a muslim?

mi16
30-Dec-13, 17:36
Gosh, adverts which make outrageous claims...whatever next, the Pope proclaiming he's Catholic ?Complain to the ASA

orkneycadian
30-Dec-13, 23:40
Why would anyone want to order takeaway food through an intermediary? They are only going to take their commission. Have folk forgotten how to pick up a phone these days and speak to someone?

golach
30-Dec-13, 23:51
We have had two or so months of adverts about a cheil an a red suit with a beeg white beard coming, I never believed then either, and I was right, he never came near me. Meerkats selling car insurance, now thats one I am not so sure about. Who believes adverts?

nightspirit
31-Dec-13, 15:13
Doesn't even work down here in the central belt - tried it and no nothing on anynumber suggested - think this is for peeps more south of the border or in the cities

Alrock
31-Dec-13, 17:17
Well... According to the website "Greasy Fried Squid in Marchal" (http://hungryhouse.co.uk/greasy-fried-chicken-old) will deliver to Castletown.

joyce123
01-Jan-14, 00:51
Watched the Hungry house advert earlier boasting that even Astronauts in space were able to get a takeaway delivered by using their website. :eek: I went onto their site out of curiosity and entered my postcode. No surprises, they may be able to deliver to the moon, but not Caithness!!! Well it actually shows up that 2 businesses cover up here, but both of them are bogus? :confused Unbelievable, you think they would check their capabilities before airing an ad with such outrageous claims?? [lol] yip 'the greasy squid' sounds nice!! not!lol

RagnarRocks
01-Jan-14, 02:05
Could that advert be referring to a point that its easier to deliver to out space than wick :0))