PDA

View Full Version : Planning Irregularity

Rheghead
18-Feb-07, 19:46
I have been served a notice by someone who wants to build a property near to mine about a week ago. Nothing wrong in that in principle at the moment. However, it states that I have only 14 days to object to the plans from the date that the notice was served to me. The notice states where I can view the plans in full as a rough sketch was only supplied with the notice.

My neighbour tried to view the plans at the venue yesterday but the receptionist stated that the plans were not registered yet. My problem lies that when the plans get registered then the 14 days have expired and any objection that I may find in the fullplans won't be taken into consideration.

Is the proposer of the build being a chancer and is it illegal to do this??

It is a catch 22 situation. I can't see the plans and when I do then it is too late to object to anything!!

MadPict
18-Feb-07, 20:47
Hope it's not a windfarm........

ywindythesecond
19-Feb-07, 00:09
I have been served a notice by someone who wants to build a property near to mine about a week ago. Nothing wrong in that in principle at the moment. However, it states that I have only 14 days to object to the plans from the date that the notice was served to me. The notice states where I can view the plans in full as a rough sketch was only supplied with the notice.

My neighbour tried to view the plans at the venue yesterday but the receptionist stated that the plans were not registered yet. My problem lies that when the plans get registered then the 14 days have expired and any objection that I may find in the fullplans won't be taken into consideration.

Is the proposer of the build being a chancer and is it illegal to do this??

It is a catch 22 situation. I can't see the plans and when I do then it is too late to object to anything!!

It is a procedural glitch. The application can't be lodged until all those entitled to notification have been notified. The form says 14 days, but if the procedure has not been carried out, then the clock hasn't started. Best in all cases to check with the Planning department. if you dont get a satisfactory answer, get onto your Councillor.

Rheghead
19-Feb-07, 00:12
Hope it's not a windfarm........

In true NIMBY fashion, me as well![para]