PDA

View Full Version : Now tv

may67
27-Dec-13, 21:42
Has anyone got one of the now tv. Boxes which attach to the tv? Wondering whether the broadband is up to it up here?

Big Gaz
27-Dec-13, 23:11
If you live in Wick or Thurso then the exchanges are pretty decent for streaming movies and internet content but if you are in outlying areas, then i would suggest a trial or a loan box to see if its good enough. Lot of money to pay out only to find its buffering all the time

Kodiak
27-Dec-13, 23:25
If you live in Wick or Thurso then the exchanges are pretty decent for streaming movies and internet content but if you are in outlying areas, then i would suggest a trial or a loan box to see if its good enough. Lot of money to pay out only to find its buffering all the time

All depends on what you call a lot of money. Even I could afford a Now Box on my Pension as they are only £9.99. The expensive bit comes when you download movies as you have to pay for them. Also the Now box is powered by SKY so it is really SKY you woul;d be paying for the Movies etc. You would be better off with a SKY Box and that way you can record.

https://shop.nowtv.com/?DCMP=KNC-Brand-

orkneycadian
28-Dec-13, 10:54
Another nail in the coffin of useable broadband in the evening....