PDA

View Full Version : Storm Damage

Aestus57
24-Dec-13, 16:09
:( Just heard that the roofs gone from Thurso High School and that Ormlie Rd is closed in one direction. Take care if you're out and about.

pirateeye
24-Dec-13, 17:14
When I was out it was closed in both directions. I had to drive passed BT and go the back road to come out at Janetstown just to get into Ormlie. Took about 45 minutes because of all the traffic. Sooo many people passed the passing places with lots of cars coming towards them and trailing behind them, making people have to drive over the grass.

Alrock
24-Dec-13, 21:35
When I was out it was closed in both directions. I had to drive passed BT and go the back road to come out at Janetstown just to get into Ormlie. Took about 45 minutes because of all the traffic. Sooo many people passed the passing places with lots of cars coming towards them and trailing behind them, making people have to drive over the grass.

I was there going the other way, in hindsight really wish I'd followed my gut instinct & gone round via Halkirk instead.

luskentyre
25-Dec-13, 01:24

I'm afraid there are a few people who don't understand what passing places are for, even those who live next to single track roads. It's not a difficult concept is it?

Alrock
25-Dec-13, 02:03
I'm afraid there are a few people who don't understand what passing places are for, even those who live next to single track roads. It's not a difficult concept is it?

Was more to do with the fact that the road was overloaded in both directions & the passing places were just not up to the job, can't use a passing place if you can't get to it.
The fact that it was dark also didn't help.

2little2late
25-Dec-13, 03:49
Why put flat roofs on buildings in Caithness anyway?

pirateeye
25-Dec-13, 13:15
Well when I passed it was 3pm, and when you have a trail of cars behind you, and can see a trail coming towards you, you should think "the passing place isn't big enough to let two trains past, I had better wait here, in this passing place and keep this trail back"
But yes I think the way through Halkirk, although longer, being a two track road is much and easier and safer. Would have been much quicker yesterday too

sids
25-Dec-13, 14:21
Why did it never happen when I was at school!

sids
25-Dec-13, 14:22
Why put flat roofs on buildings in Caithness anyway?

Government agencies.

Angel
25-Dec-13, 15:41
Thank goodness the children were not at school...Angel

billmoseley
26-Dec-13, 11:58
Why did it never happen when I was at school! you went to school? :lol: (sorry couldn't resist)

Bobinovich
26-Dec-13, 12:35
http://www.handiprepared.gov.uk/multi-agency-news/police-scotland-highland-and-island-division-latest-news/police-scotland-highland-and-island-division-news-item/?solc_news_item_id=PR6318_2013

O (http://www.handiprepared.gov.uk/multi-agency-news/police-scotland-highland-and-island-division-latest-news/police-scotland-highland-and-island-division-news-item/?solc_news_item_id=PR6318_2013)rmlie Road now reopened to the publice(sic) :)

orkneycadian
26-Dec-13, 14:03
Are those lice that frequent pubs? Or has it been abbreviated from an altogether more personal location? :D

sids
26-Dec-13, 14:38
you went to school? :lol: (sorry couldn't resist)

Right enough.

Had I been there, it might have happened while I was there.