PDA

View Full Version : HELP needed mobile keypad lock

nicnak
17-Feb-07, 23:27
help needed my friend has a VK200 and has put a lock on the keypad with a PIN and has now forgotten it. Can anyone help????
many thanks in anticipation

pedromcgrory
18-Feb-07, 00:10
wot network is it on ?

nicnak
18-Feb-07, 00:14
its on vodaphone pay as you go

Oddquine
18-Feb-07, 00:16
As far as I can see on the VK200 manual there is nowt for it but to phone in if you don't have a PUK code to unblock.......................

PUK code
The PUK (Personal Unblocking Key) code is used for changing a blocked PIN code. This code is usually supplied with the SIM card, if not contact your service provider.

If you key in an incorrect PUK code ten times in succession, the SIM card will become void and you must obtain a new card.
As the PUK code cannot be changed, contact your service provider if you forget the code.

PUK2 code
The PUK2 code, supplied with some SIM cards, is required to change a blocked PIN2 code.
If you key in an incorrect PUK2 code ten times in succession, you cannot use the functions requiring the PIN2 code. Contact your service provider for a new card.

You cannot change the PUK2 code. If you lose the code, contact your service provider.

Master Reset Code

Sometimes known as the Master Code, this allows you to unlock a handset if you have entered the Security Code wrongly too many times. If you know you have forgotten the Security Code, entering the Master Reset Code instead will do (even though it is probably more digits). You should ask your Service Provider for this code when you need it.

Never seen the point of locking anything without noting the code to unlock..seems like asking for trouble. :confused

nicnak
18-Feb-07, 00:20
We have the PUK code but this wont undo the keypad lock.
so now we seem to be stuck.
We have tried inserting another sim card but this too comes up with the keypad locked so it has to be the phone rather than the sim, have tried to email them but still havent got any joy, and the phone no given seems to be an automated line.

connieb19
18-Feb-07, 00:22
We have the PUK code but this wont undo the keypad lock.
so now we seem to be stuck.
We have tried inserting another sim card but this too comes up with the keypad locked so it has to be the phone rather than the sim, have tried to email them but still havent got any joy, and the phone no given seems to be an automated line.
You'll need to block it by putting in the wrong pin before you can use the PUK code.

nicnak
18-Feb-07, 00:23
Have blocked it then put in puk code but still no joy????

sam
18-Feb-07, 00:24
call your service provider back they must of gave you the wrong puk code

connieb19
18-Feb-07, 00:30
Dont keep on putting in the wrong Puk or you'll totally block the thing. :eek:

pedromcgrory
18-Feb-07, 01:58
Phone Lock : 12345

Security Code : 12345

PIN code : 0000
standard security codes resets only try once if no il get u number 2morrow off to bed just now night

nicnak
18-Feb-07, 16:37
right I'm back again, we have the puk code, we have the pin no but we still have a lock on the phone to stop us getting into messages, she said she put a personal lock on but cant remember the number, tried vodaphone but got a foreign lady we could barely understand and she said she didnt know what to do as they dont have that type of info there???? All at a premium rate too!
Now Im ready to throw the phone through the nearest window any more clues anyone??

Metalattakk
18-Feb-07, 18:32
Open the window first!!

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-07, 21:40
My daughter did the same thing with her phone last year just after she got it as a present. We tried all of the above but still could not access her messages because it was her who set the password to lock the phone

I think this is what happened to you is it not......we were told next time in Inverness go into a mobile phone shop and see if thay can help. The phone is still lying in the drawer and daughter was made to do without one.....until christmas when I got her another one but refuse to give her credit. :Razz I am such an awful mother. Maybe a phonecall to one of the shops might help.

dirdyweeker
18-Feb-07, 22:33
I use this on my phone but always use a number relevant to something in my life. Did your friend not use a DOB, run of numbers or something similar? Might be worth her while trying a few common (to them) numbers. Otherwise I reckon you might as well find a drawer similar to Alice's daughters and fling it in there......:(

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-07, 22:38
I use this on my phone but always use a number relevant to something in my life. Did your friend not use a DOB, run of numbers or something similar? Might be worth her while trying a few common (to them) numbers. Otherwise I reckon you might as well find a drawer similar to Alice's daughters and fling it in there......:(

This is remiinds me of the night we sat and tried every possible combination to see if we could find the code....I could have committed murder by the end of it I was so angry .....theres plenty of room in the drawer for another locked phone.... :)

rfr10
19-Feb-07, 18:26
When you say they've put a PIN on the keypad.. do you mean that it's the PIN code that is forgotten or the handset code?

As far as I know, if it is the handset code that is forgotten then the phone will have to be taken to your network's service point. The nearest to us is Inverness for Vodafone.

If it is the actual PIN code that is forgotten and the phone asks for the PUK code then you need to phone one of the following numbers depending on the type of phone:

Vodafone (Contract)
0870 0700 191

Vodafone (Pay-as-you-go)
0783 6191 191

Singlepoint (Contract)
0870 9000 700

Select the appropriate option and then steps will be given quickly to you so ensure you have a pen and pencil ready unless you are very fast at working phones.

If the PIN code is forgotten, the PUK code was asked for but you still failed to enter the correct number then the SIM card will be permanantly blocked and a new card will have to be purchased.