PDA

View Full Version : Country/modern or 1970s music

chocolatechip
17-Feb-07, 20:55
I do love to here a bit of country and western music a wee bit of Alan Jackson and Billy Ray and Dolly Parton.:) and i also like listening to some of the oldy music from the 1970s when Abba was around and some queen and others. But i love hearing on the radio whenever i listen to it is some of the modern stuff, i really like Take That and Westlife and other modern music which do ORGERS PREFER?:cool:

Buttercup
17-Feb-07, 22:35
For me it's got to be Country, Rockabilly or Sixties music. There's nothing like a bit of Johnny Cash or Ricky Nelson. :lol:

sweetpea
17-Feb-07, 22:39
I like Johnny Cash too but my fave is Queen, early Rod, Neil Young, REO Speedwagon, brought up on them. Like some mmodern stuff like White Stripes and Kasabian toO

Oddquine
17-Feb-07, 22:48
I like Country, Scottish Folk, Sixties and Scot Rock mostly, but have been known to listen to the odd classical stuff (mostly what I got into at school music lessons) and the odd modern stuff (mostly what I have been introduced to by the 17 yo grandson.)

Big Moody Blues fan, me!

But on my side of the bedroom walls as a teenager, I had posters of The Rolling Stones (mostly Charlie Watts pics), Billy Fury and Johnny Mathis. Sister had the Beatles!

North Rhins
17-Feb-07, 22:57
It’s just got to be Tamla Motown, there is just nothing that can come near it. Just think of the worst wedding reception that you’ve ever been to, no one is on the dance floor, it’s dying a death. On goes a good old Motown classic and suddenly everyone is on the floor giving it boogy on down.
By the way I’ve heard that ‘Boxcar Willy’ can be cleared up with a single penicillin jag. :D

Glenys Hirst
18-Feb-07, 00:09
I do like to listen to Daniel 'O Donnell...got most to his cd's and DVD's....He's better 'live' in Concert though...I loved tuning in to the Country and Western radio programme on MFR when I lived up in Wick..oh and loved the music Gary Maclean played..My era was 80's music!
Presently I like Snowpatrol,Westlife and Journey South..

painter
18-Feb-07, 13:14
you can still listen to MFR on line!