PDA

View Full Version : New Polymer bank notes in 2016

RagnarRocks
18-Dec-13, 09:28
I've just read that the BoE will introduce new Polymer bank notes from 2016 personally I like this a nice progressive step with our currency

Big Gaz
18-Dec-13, 11:07
ach, they are nothing new, i've been pulling plastic out of my wallet for years now :D

poppett
18-Dec-13, 20:17
This could be a problem with money laundering then.

The kind where the paper money goes into the wash and dry by mistake and the creases ironed out, not the illegal kind. Don`t think polymer notes would like a sixty degree wash somehow.

orkneycadian
21-Dec-13, 03:10
If we go independent, what will we have? The BoE will obviously have told us to sling our hook, so we won't be able to share in this progressiveness. Should I start saving up seashells now, just in case?

joxville
21-Dec-13, 08:33
Progressiveness 20 years after the Isle of Man began using the process! Hopefully they'll bring back the £1 note so we'll have less weight in our pockets.

Mrs Bradey
21-Dec-13, 11:07
Progressiveness 20 years after the Isle of Man began using the process! Hopefully they'll bring back the £1 note so we'll have less weight in our pockets. lucky you mine are usually very light. sigh

David Banks
21-Dec-13, 11:11
It's a mixed "blessing" over here.

1. BoC says they have significantly improved security features and more difficult to counterfeit. I can accept that.

2. They will last longer than the paper-styled notes. After a year or so, the twenty dollar notes seem to be holding up, but we will see.

3. For the user, they are thinner and difficult to separate out/fan out to see how many you have in your wallet - or, more importantly, how many you are giving out to whoever. You just have to lick your fingers - and not think about the accumulated dry spit on the notes - think of it as increasing your immune system.

4. More and more transactions, at least in Canada, are being done on debit cards, so I can live with a few polymer bank notes, loonies and moonies.