PDA

View Full Version : The Ayes have it!!

Rheghead
17-Dec-13, 14:55
94% say Yes for independence from Caithness Sutherland and Easter Ross voters!!!

http://www.scotlandsvote.com/caithness-sutherland-and-ross

mi16
17-Dec-13, 15:12
for this month!
how many actually voted?

ducati
17-Dec-13, 15:36
94% say Yes for independence from Caithness Sutherland and Easter Ross voters!!!

What? All eight of them? :lol:

Rheghead
17-Dec-13, 15:43
What? All eight of them? :lol:

Have you voted?

RagnarRocks
17-Dec-13, 15:58
It all comes down to how many people read that particular poll and out of that how many can be bothered to vote in its, so in reality that shows that a small group of politically motivated people have bothered. Personally I've never heard of the site prior to your posting it up there so chances are its politically biased one way.

ducati
17-Dec-13, 17:47
Have you voted?

Nope, I have an aversion to even looking at random links.

mi16
17-Dec-13, 19:17
Have you voted? what would be the point?

Rheghead
17-Dec-13, 19:36
what would be the point?

To show support for which side of the fence you are on? Have you voted?

Mrs Bradey
17-Dec-13, 19:36
Have you voted? oh bu**#r have I missed an election?

Rheghead
17-Dec-13, 19:48
Are we just finding fault as usual? :roll:

mi16
17-Dec-13, 20:04
To show support for which side of the fence you are on? Have you voted?A pointless exerciseI will save my vote for the real deal

RagnarRocks
17-Dec-13, 20:32
Smacks of desperation

Rheghead
17-Dec-13, 20:41
A pointless exerciseI will save my vote for the real deal

The Ayes have it then.

mi16
17-Dec-13, 20:48
The Ayes have it then.Yup it looks like the mckey mouse inter web poll is in favour of the yes vote

Rheghead
17-Dec-13, 21:06
Yup it looks like the mckey mouse inter web poll is in favour of the yes vote

No it just shows that you won't take part just because it doesn't show the result that you want.

mi16
17-Dec-13, 21:19
No it just shows that you won't take part just because it doesn't show the result that you want.I have no interest in taking part as it is pointless.

RagnarRocks
17-Dec-13, 21:32
No it just shows that you won't take part just because it doesn't show the result that you want.Unless of course you take the view that a minority are getting desperate and floating polls that purport to show the majorities view but are nothing more than desperate attempt by swivelled eyed independence loons trying to get a minority point across ....More likely to drive people toward the opposite point of view though

captain chaos
17-Dec-13, 21:36
Only 28 voters from Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross voted !!!

25 Ayes
3 Nayes

Fit a load of excrement!

Just over 1100 voters in total in the whole of the sample, thats an amazing representative 0.02% of scotlands population [lol][lol]

Rheghead
17-Dec-13, 21:41
Unless of course you take the view that a minority are getting desperate and floating polls that purport to show the majorities view but are nothing more than desperate attempt by swivelled eyed independence loons trying to get a minority point across ....More likely to drive people toward the opposite point of view though

I disagree. You might like to think that people are intelligent enough to see through it, and yes, those those that are intelligent enough will see through it and draw their own conclusions. But what about the ones who just blindly vote with the perceived majority vote, ie those that want to be on the winning side? Nobody wants to vote for the couple that doesn't win Strictly. Their vote counts just as much as yours...

It is that shallow.

Rheghead
17-Dec-13, 21:43
Only 28 voters from Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross voted !!!

25 Ayes
3 Nayes

Fit a load of excrement!

Just over 1100 voters in total in the whole of the sample, thats an amazing representative 0.02% of scotlands population [lol][lol]

Nobody is saying this vote is mature in age or votes. You can add to its credibility by actually voting.

RagnarRocks
17-Dec-13, 21:46
Nobody is saying this vote is mature in age or votes. You can add to its credibility by actually voting.Or we can dismiss it as a load of old tosh and vote for strictly instead which at least has some entertainment value :0))

Rheghead
17-Dec-13, 21:55
Or we can dismiss it as a load of old tosh and vote for strictly instead which at least has some entertainment value :0))

A few years ago I rubbished a poll in West Caithness for the same reasons which seemed to reject the development of a major wind farm. Only a small minority of residents took the time to vote and rejection only won by a 10% swing. But the end result is that if one strongly held minority view is the only one that is motivated to go out to vote then that is deemed to be widely held.

ducati
17-Dec-13, 22:24
A few years ago I rubbished a poll in West Caithness for the same reasons which seemed to reject the development of a major wind farm. Only a small minority of residents took the time to vote and rejection only won by a 10% swing. But the end result is that if one strongly held minority view is the only one that is motivated to go out to vote then that is deemed to be widely held.

But that was presumably a real vote?

sids
17-Dec-13, 22:29

Do you think this means a 94% yes vote in the referendum?

RagnarRocks
17-Dec-13, 22:31
Must be the full moon effect

Rheghead
17-Dec-13, 22:54
But that was presumably a real vote?

I believe that all polls result in visual answers to questions. I do not think for a second that this vote on independence is any more scientific than the vote on the wind farm. What is important is that real public opinion gets the best chance to get across and that is only achieved by more participation.

ducati
18-Dec-13, 07:03
I believe that all polls result in visual answers to questions. I do not think for a second that this vote on independence is any more scientific than the vote on the wind farm. What is important is that real public opinion gets the best chance to get across and that is only achieved by more participation.

Well we can't possibly take part in every poll. Particularly if we don't know about it so what is your point?

Rheghead
18-Dec-13, 12:50
Well we can't possibly take part in every poll. Particularly if we don't know about it so what is your point?

But you do know about this one. What is your point on insisting on commenting on this thread when you have no intention to vote on it?

It doesn't show the result that you want, the words toys and pram spring to mind! LOL

Rheghead
18-Dec-13, 12:53
I notice that the Yes votes have increased by 18 whereas the No votes have gone up by 3.

Not quite the Better Together landslide that we were led to believe eh??

Big Gaz
18-Dec-13, 13:13
I notice that the Yes votes have increased by 18 whereas the No votes have gone up by 3.

Not quite the Better Together landslide that we were led to believe eh??

Nah Rheghead, you know fine well that's just the Orgers that have voted to try and sway the poll.....I bet Ducati voted at least 5 times [lol]

ducati
18-Dec-13, 15:19
But you do know about this one. What is your point on insisting on commenting on this thread when you have no intention to vote on it?

It doesn't show the result that you want, the words toys and pram spring to mind! LOL

Dude, I've not even looked at it. Do you have a a reason for wanting people to vote on it?

Rheghead
18-Dec-13, 15:21
Dude, I've not even looked at it. Do you have a a reason for wanting people to vote on it?

Yes my reason is that I want people to vote on it.

RagnarRocks
18-Dec-13, 15:28
Dude, I've not even looked at it. Do you have a a reason for wanting people to vote on it?Yes it justifies his existence in so many ways do you realise his commissars hat wouldn't come out if he didn't have those poles :0)))

Rheghead
18-Dec-13, 15:58
Beware of low flying bits of lego everyone and now a slinky!

mi16
18-Dec-13, 16:27
Yes my reason is that I want people to vote on it.Why?............

RagnarRocks
18-Dec-13, 17:36
Beware of low flying bits of lego everyone and now a slinky! That's where it all starts the casual and degenerate throwing of innocent toys about I'm sure you'll find there's a section that covers their rights. cease and desist orders have been executed and a special team of UN mechano sets are preparing to extract those poor defenceless slinkies :0))