PDA

View Full Version : dvd

sweetpea
17-Feb-07, 20:46
When I played a dvd I had to put the sound right up full on the tv to hear it so got a new tv and dvd player this week and I can't believe it same thing happens. Does anyone know what could be causing this to happen?

nicnak
17-Feb-07, 20:49
ours does exactly the same so any help would be appreciated, we have tried different tv's and also head cleaners and even new leads all to no avail!!

connieb19
17-Feb-07, 20:50
I thought this was the case no matter what tv or dvd player you have, dont know why though. :confused:

_Ju_
17-Feb-07, 20:50
Does it happen with all DVD's you play? Because it sounds like a problem with the disk....but then it would affect only one. Or maybe the scart connection, but then the second set and player should have been fine.

Colin Manson
17-Feb-07, 20:51
SCART connections are the main cause of the volume problem in my experience.

sweetpea
17-Feb-07, 21:31
SCART connections are the main cause of the volume problem in my experience.
I'll try a new scart and see what happens when I get one cause can't think what else it would be esp since it's new.

WeeBurd
18-Feb-07, 00:09
Definitely a scart problem, according to MrBurd. We have the same bother with having so much gumphffff attached to our tv (i.e. X-Box, PS2, DivEx, Sky & surround sound). I'm sure I heard him saying something about a spilter resulting in poor sound on the X-Box - when we re-gigged it we then had great sound on the X-Box, but nowt on the DivEx?! Anyway, resolved the prob by running it all through the surround sound I think.