PDA

View Full Version : The Hunt for Good Fudge

Wiseowl
17-Dec-13, 11:25
When D.R. Simpsons were open, they sold this DELICIOUS fudge from someone called Canadian Jock? (I think...!)

Does anyone know if there is anywhere that sells this fudge now that DR's is closed?? Or WHO is Canadian Jock? Is he local?

Fran
17-Dec-13, 12:33
He lives in dunbeath, everyone knows him.

Tilly Teckel
17-Dec-13, 12:45
Actually he lives in Mid Clyth, take the turning opposite the cemetary and he's up the hill on the right hand side. You can't miss it - he has a large metal Canadian Maple Leaf at the end of his drive!

His fudge is definitely the best too :)

ducati
17-Dec-13, 12:59
He lives in dunbeath, everyone knows him.

The chinese whispers start in the epic hunt for Canadian Jock. My money is on Portgower. :eek:

Wiseowl
17-Dec-13, 17:00
Do you know if he sells his fudge anywhere else now? I'm quite sure if i was to appear randomly at this poor man's door, it wouldn't be long before the coppers appeared! :lol:

Tilly Teckel
17-Dec-13, 17:55
He wouldn't - he'd invite you in for a cuppa and a blether :) I'll give him a ring in a bit and ask for you.

pat
17-Dec-13, 22:44
Aye a cuppa, a blether and good craic too.

RagnarRocks
17-Dec-13, 22:58
The chinese whispers start in the epic hunt for Canadian Jock. My money is on Portgower. :eek:Well lets hope he has a good fudge packer for his excellent fudge eh :0))

Kevin Milkins
18-Dec-13, 09:09
Apart from being Diabetic I have never liked fudge and found it sickly sweet, however, I did try a small amount of Mr's M's once that was made by Canadian Jock and it was indeed delicious.

kosacid
18-Dec-13, 11:08
reay shop sells it i love it, i have to fight with the kids over it ;)

Wiseowl
19-Dec-13, 12:31
Aw thank you very much Tilly, very kind of you.

Tilly Teckel
19-Dec-13, 19:58
Sorry for the delay! He sells his fudge out of Cormack's butchers in Latheronwheel, or you're more than welcome to call to the house. His number is 01593 721366 if you want to call :)

orkneycadian
21-Dec-13, 03:19
The word is that Canadian Jock is still trying to perfect his recipe to make it as good as Orkney fudge (made by Orcadian Jock). Apparently, he still has some way to go.... ;)

ducati
21-Dec-13, 07:46
Well where does Orcadian Jock live then? God! it's like pulling teeth this thread!

joxville
21-Dec-13, 08:29
The word on the fudgevine says that Orcadian Jock lives deep in the forest on Papa Westray ;-)

peedie man
21-Dec-13, 20:49
just take the ferry from ullapool to stornaway and will get very good fudge

cuthill
21-Dec-13, 21:34
Nothing will beat Canadian jocks fudge.

pat
21-Dec-13, 22:28
Thank you Peedie man, managed to acquire recipe a good few years ago but Canadian Jock's fudge is the best.

Hope you have managed to find Jock in Mid Clyth by now, honestly he doesn't bite.

starlight express
22-Dec-13, 01:45
The Best Fudge ever is lidls fudge , better than home made especially the Irish Whisky one.