PDA

View Full Version : congratulation to Andy Murray

golach
16-Dec-13, 00:45
Well done Andy for winning British sports person of the year, what an achievement, well done, a great Brit and a great Scot also.

ducati
17-Dec-13, 17:53
I thought it was Sports Personality. He hasn't got one has he?

PantsMAN
17-Dec-13, 18:01
I thought it was Sports Personality. He hasn't got one has he?

Wow, great to see evidence of original thinking here.

ducati
17-Dec-13, 18:23
Wow, great to see evidence of original thinking here.

Thank you. :D

PantsMAN
17-Dec-13, 18:58
Thank you. :D

You're welcome.

Ref - http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?217061-Food-Prices-if-Scotland-goes-independent&p=1061032#post1061032

scorrie
17-Dec-13, 23:20
Well done Andy for winning British sports person of the year, what an achievement, well done, a great Brit and a great Scot also.

Very late with the news golach. He had SPOTY won roughly a Nanosecond after winning Wimbledon.

ducati
18-Dec-13, 07:05
I can think of more deserving Scots sportspersons, Allan McNish for instance; in his retirement year winning the World Endurance championship and Le Mans for the 3rd time.

RagnarRocks
18-Dec-13, 09:08
Personally I don't see the point in the BBC giving professional sportsman awards for effectively doing their jobs. If they where amateurs that would be a different matter but multi millionaires being fawned over sticks in my craw a bit. All a bit meaningless and a bit lovey.

PantsMAN
18-Dec-13, 22:09
Well, if you check the title of the thread, you'll see that the golach only gave Andy a single congratulation, so he couldn't have been overly impressed...

golach
18-Dec-13, 23:23
Well, if you check the title of the thread, you'll see that the golach only gave Andy a single congratulation, so he couldn't have been overly impressed...

Lmao, is that the best you can come up with? Whether I gave Andy a single congratulation or hundreds, it still makes him a Great Brit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mi16
18-Dec-13, 23:33
Personally I don't see the point in the BBC giving professional sportsman awards for effectively doing their jobs. If they where amateurs that would be a different matter but multi millionaires being fawned over sticks in my craw a bit. All a bit meaningless and a bit lovey. what has their financial situation got to do with it?

RagnarRocks
19-Dec-13, 09:04
what has their financial situation got to do with it?It means he does it for the money as opposed to an amateur who does it for the love of the sport

mi16
19-Dec-13, 09:43
It means he does it for the money as opposed to an amateur who does it for the love of the sportOr because they are not good enough to turn pro hence not worthy of recognition. The money may be a by product of his dedication to the sport.

sids
19-Dec-13, 11:02
Personally I don't see the point in the BBC giving professional sportsman awards for effectively doing their jobs. If they where amateurs that would be a different matter but multi millionaires being fawned over sticks in my craw a bit. All a bit meaningless and a bit lovey.

The point is to make a TV show.