PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Lady Canisbay

Better Out Than In
13-Dec-13, 14:38
Hi All,

I am trying to track down a certain Lady Canisbay or a family member. I believe Lady Canisbay has emigrated to America, possibly California, but I am unable to trace her. She owns some of the Caithness foreshore which I need to discuss with her. Can anyone help?

David Banks
17-Dec-13, 16:46
Nothing came up in my google search.

Do you have more of her "real" name?

south view 7
17-Dec-13, 21:24
I think someone is haveing you on,i am caithness born & bred and i have never heard of a lady canisbay,and the foreshore belongs to the crown office.

Better Out Than In
19-Dec-13, 12:34
Sorry about getting back late - had to do some research. The land disposition relates to the Barony and Estates of Barrogill and Mey. Whilst its true that the Crown Estate owns most of the foreshore below high water line there are some private owners. Mey Estates is one of the foreshore owners.

The current owner of the part I am interested in appears to be a Baroness Canisbay called Peri Ann Jany - who would be addressed as Lady Canisbay I think. Her estate possibly made the purchase around 1929 and she inherited but I am not certain of this date or when Peri Ann inherited or what her current age is. I do not know if she has any inheritors if deceased. She apparently lived in Waldenboch, Germany for a while before moving to Plano Texas which is the last address I have for her. I understand the Gills harbour hired a private detective whom could also not locate her, neither can her own solicitors.

There are legal methods to allow access to the land for certain purposes if the owners can not be traced but it is much cleaner (and more courtious) to deal directly with owner.

I am new to all this and am doing this as a favour. Any help would be greately appreciated.

Big Gaz
19-Dec-13, 13:44
As long as the access isn't to put any of the following on the land

1) Windfarm
2) Pig
3) Scrap cars
4) night hunters

then i see no problem with the Orgers.

On a serious note, i found this link that may help you

http://www.intelius.com/people/Peri-Jany/06f38ky25sy

If you look at the above link you will see there are some German relatives? long shot maybe but nothing to lose

Here's another link, the 6th or 7th post on there might shed more light on your problem

http://www.thepeerage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11025

Better Out Than In
19-Dec-13, 16:20
Thanks Big Gaz - you may have cracked it. Enquiries is only to get permission to lay something across the land - buried I think. Anyway it seem Baroness Canisbay is alive an well, agred 57 and lives at a third address in Plano USA. I make some enquiries and see if I can get an e-mail contact for her.

David Banks
19-Dec-13, 16:55
Before being bought my the queen mother in 1952, the Castle of Mey was called Barrogill Castle.

North of the castle, there was a "shore road" running east-west along the coast, which was used by the public in the 50's, 60's and 70's, but I haven't been on that road since then.

If you look on google maps, the road is called Braes of Harrow. As I remember it, it was unpaved and not much more than a cart track.

Better Out Than In
06-Feb-14, 17:24
Orgers - having no luck. I wrote to last address that Big Gaz found but have recieve no response to my letter. I tried to join the peerage forum as well to post a question but have not been given access. If I try Big Gaz' links now it comes up as forbidden. Must think I am a terrorist or something. Ideally I would like an e-mail address as well as a land address of Lady Canisbay or a family member. Any advice?

Mrs Bradey
07-Feb-14, 02:32
Orgers - having no luck. I wrote to last address that Big Gaz found but have recieve no response to my letter. I tried to join the peerage forum as well to post a question but have not been given access. If I try Big Gaz' links now it comes up as forbidden. Must think I am a terrorist or something. Ideally I would like an e-mail address as well as a land address of Lady Canisbay or a family member. Any advice? perhaps you should employ a private detective in Texas, if the age you have is correct she is still likely to survive and as you have 3 addresses in the same area it is unlikely she has moved far.

Big Gaz
07-Feb-14, 09:37
Orgers - having no luck. I wrote to last address that Big Gaz found but have recieve no response to my letter. I tried to join the peerage forum as well to post a question but have not been given access. If I try Big Gaz' links now it comes up as forbidden. Must think I am a terrorist or something. Ideally I would like an e-mail address as well as a land address of Lady Canisbay or a family member. Any advice?

Hi, sorry to hear you aren't having much luck but hope you can sort something out in the future. As for the peerage site, it is the same for me. I checked on the peerage site info and have the owners details of the website. (free to see for all so no issues with data protectione act etc)

Registrant Organization: Darryl lundy, Registrant Street 1: 128 Heke St, Registrant City: Wellington, Registrant State/Province: North Isl., Registrant Postal Code: 6004, Registrant Country: nz, Registrant Phone: +644.4985577, Registrant FAX:, Registrant Email: darryl.lundy@brel.co.nz

Maybe he knows something about this?

There isn't anything else i can find so it looks like the bare minimum info is out there and/or they don't want to be found?

Lastly, Intelius info is just $0.95 at the moment so may be worthwhile buying the info to get the phone numbers?

Update re: the peerage site. just log in to www.thepeerage.com. The site is fine but it seems there is now nobody with the surname Jany on that site. Maybe Peri Jany requested her details be removed?

crayola
07-Feb-14, 11:47
I don't know anything about Lady Canisbay although I do know it's a lovely title. Does anyone know the history of the title?