PDA

View Full Version : Cheap socks

danc1ngwitch
16-Feb-07, 20:15
Anyone else having this problem with the cheaper socks. They get holes in them after just a few times of wearing them, so then they get thrown out and really I ain't saving no money at all.:roll:

connieb19
16-Feb-07, 20:21
I notice it even with the dearer socks. :roll: I was hoping to get nail clippers for my Christmas so I could trim them down. Oh well, I'll likely end up having to bite them again soon. :eek:

footie chick
16-Feb-07, 20:27
Oh well, I'll likely end up having to bite them again soon. :eek:

EEkk I doubt I could get my toes to reach lol [lol]

sam
16-Feb-07, 20:27
at least you will have something to chew on lol when the finger nails are all bitten down ;) :lol:

connieb19
16-Feb-07, 20:29
They seem to grow quicker than the finger nails too, or maybe it's because I dont bite them so often. :confused: [para]

Billy Boy
16-Feb-07, 20:40
I notice it even with the dearer socks. :roll: I was hoping to get nail clippers for my Christmas so I could trim them down. Oh well, I'll likely end up having to bite them again soon.

lol i hope before you bite your toe nails, you give them a good scrape underneath or maybe it adds to the taste:eek:

connieb19
16-Feb-07, 20:43
lol i hope before you bite your toe nails, you give them a good scrape underneath or maybe it adds to the taste:eek:It all adds to the taste, especially if I've been wearing cheap socks. :eek:

Billy Boy
16-Feb-07, 20:56
It all adds to the taste, especially if I've been wearing cheap socks. :eek:

sounds tasty lol,dirty toe nails covered in cheap fluff :eek:

changilass
16-Feb-07, 22:25
Cheers for the laugh guys, had a crappy day and you have cheered me up.

crayola
17-Feb-07, 01:00
EEkk I doubt I could get my toes to reach lol [lol]Don't think she's offering to bite yours footie chick. :eek:

badger
17-Feb-07, 20:12
Now when I was young (says she settllng in to her rocking chair) we would never have dreamt of throwing away socks, or stockings, just because of a hole a or two. We darned them !!! Over and over again if necessary until there was more darn than sock. Don't suppose anyone even knows how to darn these days but it was actually quite satisfying making a good neat job of it. What simple pleasures the young will never know :roll:

Alice in Blunderland
17-Feb-07, 20:38
My mum still knits her own socks :eek: Bright god awful colours in nasty scratchy wool and any other left over bits of wool that she has lying around....definately not the kind of socks you want for a chrissie present but she says they are warmer and much better than what you can buy in the shops.......Anyone want to place an order Im sure she will knit you some :lol:

danc1ngwitch
17-Feb-07, 20:40
My mum still knits her own socks :eek: Bright god awful colours in nasty scratchy wool and any other left over bits of wool that she has lying around....definately not the kind of socks you want for a chrissie present but she says they are warmer and much better than what you can buy in the shops.......Anyone want to place an order Im sure she will knit you some :lol:
as a child i knitted socks, hmm using was it 3 needles, been a while lol

Billy Boy
17-Feb-07, 20:51
Now when I was young (says she settllng in to her rocking chair) we would never have dreamt of throwing away socks, or stockings, just because of a hole a or two. We darned them !!! Over and over again if necessary until there was more darn than sock. Don't suppose anyone even knows how to darn these days but it was actually quite satisfying making a good neat job of it. What simple pleasures the young will never know :roll:

well i do it the easy way,i buy 2-3 packs of 5 from matalan,of the same socks, colour and make,so then whenever one start's to get a bit holey, i just throw it away and put a new one on :D

connieb19
17-Feb-07, 20:53
well i do it the easy way,i buy 2-3 packs of 5 from matalan,of the same socks, colour and make,so then whenever one start's to get a bit holey, i just throw it away and put a new one on :DLOL, I thought i was the only one who did that. :lol:

sassylass
17-Feb-07, 21:09

My mother taught us to darn socks using a lightbulb if the darning egg wasn't around. It was soothing work but I recall getting blisters from the darned spot. Maybe I wasn't very skilled, darn it!

Billy Boy
17-Feb-07, 21:20
well i do it the easy way,i buy 2-3 packs of 5 from matalan,of the same socks, colour and make,so then whenever one start's to get a bit holey, i just throw it away and put a new one on

i forgot to say this comes in handy when they start to get a bit smelly to:eek: :lol:

Angela
17-Feb-07, 21:26
My mother taught us to darn socks using a lightbulb if the darning egg wasn't around. It was soothing work but I recall getting blisters from the darned spot. Maybe I wasn't very skilled, darn it!

Takes me back to doing my Darning Badge (?) in the Brownies! My darning wasn't too good to put it mildly - time was running short so my mum did the darning for me -imagine how she felt when her effort was rejected by Brown Owl! :eek:

connieb19
17-Feb-07, 21:26
i forgot to say this comes in handy when they start to get a bit smelly to :lol:
I used to do that problem too until I found that if I changed them both at the same time they both got smelly at the same time. You should try it, it does work. :eek:

Angela
17-Feb-07, 21:30
well i do it the easy way,i buy 2-3 packs of 5 from matalan,of the same socks, colour and make,so then whenever one start's to get a bit holey, i just throw it away and put a new one on :D

Trouble is, don't you find they all end up slightly different colours?
I just buy loads of basic black socks but sooner or later they seem to be different shades of bluey/black, greeny/black, greyish/black...I wonder why...:confused

connieb19
17-Feb-07, 21:34
I just buy loads of basic black socks but sooner or later they seem to be different shades of bluey/black, greeny/black, greyish/black...I wonder why...:confused
Why do some go more bally than others too? :confused:

Billy Boy
17-Feb-07, 21:40

ach well lol, you see i'm no that fussy, belong's they look roughly the same colour from a wee distance i am happy:D

Angela
17-Feb-07, 21:46
ach well lol, you see i'm no that fussy, belong's they look roughly the same colour from a wee distance i am happy:D

Well no, nobody really sees mine anyway under trousers & boots so I just keep on wearing them...but why do they do it ? :roll:

connieb19
17-Feb-07, 21:49
Well no, nobody really sees mine anyway under trousers & boots so I just keep on wearing them...but why do they do it ? :roll:
Have you noticed they go different sizes too? Not only are you tying to roughly match up balliness and colour but you have to compare the size of them too. :confused

Angela
17-Feb-07, 21:57
Have you noticed they go different sizes too? Not only are you tying to roughly match up balliness and colour but you have to compare the size of them too. :confused

They do -you end up with one half way up your leg and the other one barely at your ankle! Some seem to shrink and others -from exactly the same pack -seem to s-t-r-e-t-c-h...why do they behave like this? :confused

sweetpea
17-Feb-07, 22:36
I'm all for biting my toenails too! I very rarely wear socks even with boots but when I do I wear those little trainer socks. My trouble is getting all the various shades of black to match and there always seems to be odd ones after I've done the washing??

Alice in Blunderland
17-Feb-07, 23:43
And of course there is always the saga of the lost sock .How come you can put a pair in the wash and out comes one the other one never to be seen again. :confused

sam
17-Feb-07, 23:55
never mind cheap socks there's nothing worse than cheap knickers, think about it wearing a skirt, stockings, suspenders...... the elastic in yer knickers snap & hay presto knickers at ankles and red faces and laughter all around:lol:
i know someone this happened to :lol:

sweetpea
18-Feb-07, 00:00
never mind cheap socks there's nothing worse than cheap knickers, think about it wearing a skirt, stockings, suspenders...... the elastic in yer knickers snap & hay presto knickers at ankles and red faces and laughter all around:lol:
i know someone this happened to
If your going to all that trouble:lol: the least you can do is get good knickers lol

connieb19
18-Feb-07, 00:00
nothing worse than if you see a loose bit of thread and pull it, its like you hear a vvvvvvvrrrrrrrrrrrrppppp and next you feel the elastic ping. :eek:

Billy Boy
18-Feb-07, 00:04
If your going to all that trouble:lol: the least you can do is get good knickers lol

and whats wrong with going commado anyway :lol:

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-07, 00:07
OMG you lot have just reminded me about an incident with a thong pms to alice for the whole story it will have you in kinks. As you can guess though it involves a night out, alcohol , a clumsy alice .........and a draughty end to the evening :eek:

Billy Boy
18-Feb-07, 00:08
OMG you lot have just reminded me about an incident with a thong pms to alice for the whole story it will have you in kinks. As you can guess though it involves a night out, alcohol , a clumsy alice .........and a draughty end to the evening :eek:

lol you canna leave it at that,please do tell:Razz

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-07, 00:24
Okay, Okay hope this gives you a giggle.

At a realy, realy posh do with hubby...free champagne and wine all night so Alice makes a pig of herself as you do. As the saying goes what goes in must come out..... after finding the ladies and spending a penny Alice goes to pull up her brand new realy expensive thong with nice beads and glass. Not as easy as pulling up a pair of knickers when your drunk is it girls? Anyway the whole thing goes into a curl and a drunk Alice thinks, okay so all I have to do is pull hard at each end and it will unravel......w-r-o-n-g pull hard and the whole thing falls apart and the beads go rolling out the toilet door.....[lol] The only thing poor Alice can do is stuff the remains of the brand new expensive thong in the bucket pull down the frock and head back into the realy, realy posh do. I forgot to mention the dress was of such a cut that I couldnt wear a bra.....good job I never got knocked down and rushed to hospital as that would have been a hard one to explain.......

Spent the whole night winking across the table at my husband and when we got into the taxi I announced to him and of course the taxi driver that I had no knickers on...... needless to say when we went back this year I stuck to fresh orange, Knickers and trousers.;)

There thats my confession and of course my name has been changed to protect my identity.....aye right.

sam
18-Feb-07, 00:31
could of been worse lol, you could of been wearing a see through dress aswell :lol: :lol:

connieb19
18-Feb-07, 00:38
Does anyone remember those body suit things that used to have poppers between the legs? I was coming down the Cliff one busy afternoon wearing one of those with a skirt on, next I hear a pop and felt a right draught, I was mortified but there was nothing I could do about it till i got home. Come to think of it, I think that was the last time I wore a skirt. That was almost as embarrasing as my knickers stuck to the velcro on the hood of my jacket after taking it out of the tumble dryer, I was down the steet all day and never noticed till after I got home. :eek:

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-07, 00:41
Good grief Connie its a shame no-one tapped you on the shoulder and let you know....mind you they were probably too busy laughing.....

Another one how many girls on a night out did you see with the popper bit hanging out of the back of their trousers after going to the ladies.....:lol: :eek:

connieb19
18-Feb-07, 00:43
Good grief Connie its a shame no-one tapped you on the shoulder and let you know....mind you they were probably too busy laughing.....

Another one how many girls on a night out did you see with the popper bit hanging out of the back of their trousers after going to the ladies.....:lol: Those things were awful to tie after you had a few drinks. :confused

Billy Boy
18-Feb-07, 00:44
Does anyone remember those body suit things that used to have poppers between the legs? I was coming down the Cliff one busy afternoon wearing one of those with a skirt on, next I hear a pop and felt a right draught, I was mortified but there was nothing I could do about it till i got home. Come to think of it, I think that was the last time I wore a skirt. That was almost as embarrasing as my knickers stuck to the velcro on the hood of my jacket after taking it out of the tumble dryer, I was down the steet all day and never noticed till after I got home.

lol at least your knickers were clean,it would of been worse if they had a big skid mark on them:eek: :lol:

connieb19
18-Feb-07, 00:46
lol at least your knickers were clean,it would of been worse if they had a big skid mark on themMaybe they werna clean, I might have put them in the tumble dryer to take the creases out lol. [para] :lol:

sam
18-Feb-07, 00:48
a suppose it better than ironing :lol: :lol:

Billy Boy
18-Feb-07, 00:50
Maybe they werna clean, I might have put them in the tumble dryer to take the creases out lol. :lol:

lol if that was the case their would of been a fine smell in your kitchen:eek:

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-07, 00:50
Maybe they werna clean, I might have put them in the tumble dryer to take the creases out lol. :lol:

Oh no Connie warm air, skiddy knickers .......the smell.....:eek:

connieb19
18-Feb-07, 00:52
Oh no Connie warm air, skiddy knickers .......the smell.....:eek:
What????? Like silage you mean. [para]

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-07, 00:55
What????? Like silage you mean.

:eek: OMG ,Connie after five kids my bladder canna take all this laghter:lol:

So have you been providing all the silage thats been going on the fields this week own up eh, eh,

connieb19
18-Feb-07, 00:56
:eek: OMG ,Connie after five kids my bladder canna take all this laghter

So have you been providing all the silage thats been going on the fields this week own up eh, eh,
I bet thats why you wear glass knickers, you can just quickly rinse the skids off. :lol:

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-07, 00:58
Well if Cinderella can wear glass shoes anything goes......;)

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-07, 01:00
mmmmm this doesnt seem to have much to do with cheap socks....oops :cool:

Billy Boy
I bet thats why you wear glass knickers, you can just quickly rinse the skids off.

what happens when you fart in glass knickers:eek:do you get splash backs :eek:

sam
wouldnt like to have an acident with glass knickers:eek:

connieb19
Well if Cinderella can wear glass shoes anything goes......;)
I've never heard of anyone wiping there erse with their shoe before but it wouldna surprise me. :lol: I did use my sock one time I was caught short at the beach though.

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-07, 01:02
what happens when you fart in glass knickers:eek:do you get splash backs :eek:

I bet they would steam up.

sam
18-Feb-07, 01:02
cheap socks, cheap knickers, whats the difference when we are talking about price??:lol:

Billy Boy
18-Feb-07, 01:03
I've never heard of anyone wiping there erse with their shoe before but it wouldna surprise me. :lol: I did use my sock one time I was caught short at the beach though.

lol your near touching cloth with that one:eek:

Billy Boy
18-Feb-07, 01:07
I bet they would steam up.

lol:lol: i have a answer for that one but i better stop masel

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-07, 01:11
Ive just realised Ive got socks and pants in the tumble drier at this very momment spooky.........Connie if your going to the beach again give me a shout Ive plenty odd socks you can have in case of emergencies ....sorry no thongs lost that one in Edinburgh.:D

sam
18-Feb-07, 01:13
Ive just realised Ive got socks and pants in the tumble drier at this very momment spooky.........Connie if your going to the beach again give me a shout Ive plenty odd socks you can have in case of emergencies ....sorry no thongs lost that one in Edinburgh.:D

hope your knacks dinna smell o silage lol:eek:

Billy Boy
18-Feb-07, 01:15

lol if they did weeboyagee would not be to happy:lol:

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-07, 01:15

Nope having kids only affected my bladder :lol: or should I say control of it.

connieb19
18-Feb-07, 01:16
I've never any room for spare socks on a day out at the beach cos I have to carry my spare knickers as a windbreak. :eek:

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-07, 01:17
lol if they did weeboyagee would not be to happy

speaking off Weeboyagee, anyone seen him lately ?hes missing in action left the house yesterday with his organ ( no smart comments :eek: ) and I havent seen or heard from him since ....his dinners still in the microwave and his sockss are paired and on his bed. :lol:

Billy Boy
18-Feb-07, 01:18
I've never any room for spare socks on a day out at the beach cos I have to carry my spare knickers as a windbreak. :eek:

lol if they have skid marks, think o the people down wind o the wind break:lol:

Billy Boy
18-Feb-07, 01:21
speaking off Weeboyagee, anyone seen him lately ?hes missing in action left the house yesterday with his organ ( no smart comments ) and I havent seen or heard from him since ....his dinners still in the microwave and his sockss are paired and on his bed. :lol:

now lol how can a man have fun oot on e town with oot his organ[lol]

connieb19
18-Feb-07, 01:22
speaking off Weeboyagee, anyone seen him lately ?hes missing in action left the house yesterday with his organ ( no smart comments :eek: ) and I havent seen or heard from him since ....his dinners still in the microwave and his sockss are paired and on his bed.
Someones bound to have seem him, you can hardly miss some bloke walking about with a big organ. :eek:

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-07, 01:23
now lol how can a man have fun oot on e town with oot his organ[lol]

:lol: Well for once Im speechless !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy Boy
18-Feb-07, 01:24
Someones bound to have seem him, you can hardly miss some bloke walking about with a big organ. :eek:

well lol he can hardly hide it under his jacket:eek:

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-07, 01:25

Speechless again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

sam
18-Feb-07, 01:25
:lol: Well for once Im speechless !!!!!!!!!!!!!

yer no the only one lol;)

sam
18-Feb-07, 01:27
is weeboyagee the organ grinder a have often heard about :lol:

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-07, 01:29
is weeboyagee the organ grinder a have often heard about :lol:

I have heard people reffer to him as many things but that ones a first to me. [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-07, 01:32
Back to socks Ive just remembered at school when I was younger we used to make all sorts of wonderfull puppets with old socks ...nothing with old pants though ....any ideas?

connieb19
18-Feb-07, 01:34
I could use mine for a marquee at the BIG GIG. [para]

Billy Boy
18-Feb-07, 01:37
I could use mine for a marquee at the BIG GIG. [para]what your socks:eek:

connieb19
18-Feb-07, 01:39
what your socks:eek:
No my knickers, I heard yours are so threadbare the only thing theyre any good for using is as dental floss. :confused

sam
18-Feb-07, 01:41
No my knickers, I heard yours are so threadbare the only thing theyre any good for using is as dental floss. :confused

a heard that to lol,apparently its all the farting he does:lol:

sam
18-Feb-07, 01:43
from what i'v heard they dont call him billy thunder pants for nothing :eek: :lol:

connieb19
a heard that to lol,apparently its all the farting he does:lol:
He should try boiling them up to make soup, especially if there's some lumpy bits left. :lol:

Billy Boy

lol your right,their all i can afford:~(

Billy Boy
18-Feb-07, 01:46
He should try boiling them up to make soup, especially if there's some lumpy bits left. :lol:

lol if we did that we could start a poll to see what we could call the new soup :eek: any ideas

connieb19
18-Feb-07, 01:50
lol if we did that we could start a poll to see what we could call the new soup :eek: any ideasHow about Billy Boys Beef shnitzel? :D

Billy Boy
18-Feb-07, 01:58
How about Billy Boys Beef shnitzel?

:lol: lol, good but not right,how about billy boy beef ministroni because i may of ate noodles the night before:D

connieb19
18-Feb-07, 02:01
lol, good but not right,how about billy boy beef ministroni because i may of ate noodles the night before:D
EEK!! I thought youwere gonna say you have worms. [disgust]

connieb19
18-Feb-07, 02:04
Hey Billy Boy, you could start your own wind farm eh? :D

sam
18-Feb-07, 02:08
hey connie he could make a fortune from what i hear about the wind he makes lol:lol:

Billy Boy
18-Feb-07, 02:09
EEK!! I thought youwere gonna say you have worms. [disgust]

i thought that for a mo to lol, i almost sent myself of to the vet's for some worming tablets:lol:

Billy Boy
18-Feb-07, 02:12
Hey Billy Boy, you could start your own wind farm eh? :D

the only thing then lol, rheghead may object :lol:

connieb19
18-Feb-07, 02:14
the only thing then lol, rheghead may object :lol:
Och, he'll be okay, I'll line his loft with the padding oot my bra. :eek:

Billy Boy
18-Feb-07, 02:19
Och, he'll be okay, I'll line his loft with the padding oot my bra. :eek:

lol how big is his loft:eek:

Alice in Blunderland
18-Feb-07, 09:09
lol how big is his loft

OMG Connie how big is your BRA !!!!!!! :eek: Knickers for tents , bras for loft insulation............ well they do say big is beatifull.....:lol:

Bill Fernie
18-Feb-07, 10:20
Locked as a million miles off topic